Uploading Data

8 minutes ago, NeuralAuthor10 said:

I think you have to go to one of the obelisks and save your character on the console there. You should be able to download your ark character after this is done. I've not actually done it I've just read about it. Worth a try!

Yeh i tried that although it did not have the option to upload like it did in the tutorial i watched.

17 hours ago, ryanmc15 said:

Is uploading your dinos and items allowed on official xbox PVE servers? I can't seem to be able to do it, i get why we can't download on official servers but i want to download my creatures onto my single player game?

Transmitting data through the ARK!

Now a pretty nifty feature we've got in the game is the option for Survivors to upload and download characters. This is currently disabled on Official Servers, however should function (by choice) for Player Dedicated Servers, Non Dedicated Hosting and Single Player. What this allows you to do is transmit your Survivor data from one save to another. 

Please keep in mind that this does not copy your character. If you choose to transmit your data, the survivor as you know will be removed from that particular ARK. 

To be able to transmit data you need to be playing a specific server which allows it (highlighted above). You then need to travel to an Obelisk in the game, there are 3 in the ARK. The easiest one to get to would be the Red Obelisk near the Western Region of the island. Once you're at the Obelisk, just interact with the Obelisk center piece and you'll have the option to upload your data. Remember, this does not create a copy!

To download your data, head onto your new server and before creating a character you'll see the option to download data. This will not restore your inventory, base or dinosaurs. This will just respawn in your Survivor with the same Engrams and the same Stat Points spent. 

If you head back to the old save, it will no longer exist and you will need to re-upload and download it again. Be cautious when uploading and downloading survivors, as if the server you download it to suddenly vanishes, you will have lost access to that character.

Archived