Go the GM's ...swing that ban hammer long and hard!

Armadatiny

5 minutes ago, Igloo said:

Go away.

Why should @Jerryn go away?    He's doing his job.   The forums have rules for a reason.   And him and the other mods are there for a reason.   They aren't perfect, they make mistakes, but if they weren't around, we would have a lot more pointless topics and posts to read than any of us want.

9 minutes ago, Grimm said:

Why should @Jerryn go away?    He's doing his job.   The forums have rules for a reason.   And him and the other mods are there for a reason.   They aren't perfect, they make mistakes, but if they weren't around, we would have a lot more pointless topics and posts to read than any of us want.

I'll explain it in one post, and say nothing else on the subject.

There's a reason why this forum has an extremely bad reputation. I'm afraid to post a link to a Reddit thread, because it will probably get me banned here.

2 minutes ago, Chunk1664 said:

where is the thread on reddit?

About 8 threads down, including Ad and Stickies, 5 without.

30 minutes ago, Nayte said:

This thread should be in off topic anyway..

Eh, depends. I don't think it should be. Last night/this morning was pretty important to anyone who plays official pvp servers. We just can't talk about it here because reasons.

Just now, Chunk1664 said:

where is the thread on reddit?

There was no link provided.   The OP to stay within the forum rules just left the link in plain text, so you'll have to copy and paste it into your browser.   I read the Reddit post, even though I'm not a fan of Reddit forums, and it's a double edge sword.   Glad to see enforcement of rules are being done, but sadly I'm sure there were some bans given out that might not have been deserved.  

But I also understand, they can't take the time to pick and choose violators in a large scale issue such as that instance.   Follow the evidence and more than likely the right choice will be made.

1 minute ago, CTMalum said:

Someone want to give me an executive summary of what's going on?

Sure. It'll probably be deleted, and I'll probably be banned, but the short and sweet of it is there's about 30 official pvp servers that got wiped last night by Wildcard because their alpha (Singular, alpha, one tribe), broke the ToS.

Dude, lol. Just post the link, brother. It's relevant general discussion. If that's against the rules of the forum (don't know if it is) please give us the title of the Reddit thread.

I really hope this sort of enforcement gets brought down on some of the Xbox tribes that are DDOSing and Duping. It's the most broken thing about Ark, atm. 

Archived