how to Lower foundations to match height of platform or raft

WebGremlin

Hi survivors,

I made a short instructional video and a steam guide on how you can lower the height of your foundations so you can level it with the base of a raft or platform saddle. This makes it easier to mount your dino and access its inventory from the platform. Additionally, it saves on your structure limit.

Watch the video here:

Or check out my Steam guide: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=599528746

I hope this helps you! If it does, please let me know by rating my guide or liking my video. Many thanks!

• 3 months later...
Guest UNST3RBLICH
21 hours ago, Druidsflame said:

The only problem I had is that if I put a foundation at the tiller I can't pilot my raft. It is unfortunate because it leaves a fairly large gap that you can fall into the water through.

Try putting a hatchframe over the tiller instead of a foundation.

• 1 month later...

Hey @WebGremlin

I lowered my foundations last night on my quetzal. I realize this has been nerfed since this video (cannot place foundations under ceiling trick). The thing that puzzles me is, I have built a 2 wide 3 length foundations and lowered into the saddle. The platform itself is visible so the action prompt to ride the bird is there and works but I cannot quick access the inventory. I have to mount up first and do so. Is this because of the way the foundations are in the saddle (it's almost like i'm not looking directly at the bird, but how would that be possible if I can ride it?) 

Strange ways in the ARK world.. 

• 8 months later...

Archived