Giant Fish Impossible To Catch!?

Crows

On 2017-01-27 at 6:11 AM, Crows said:

Hello! calling all master anglers out there; I don't know about you guys but I'm when I was fishing (on PS4) I tried catching a 2.5x Sabertooth Salmon which did bit my bait (leech blood) and as I was pressing every random button sequence as fast as I possibly could, without making a mistake, but the timer ran out.

Okay, 2.5x isn't big, and I was just too slow, I admit that... BUT I've just seen a 3.7x Coel and then my friend screeenshots a 6x Sabertooth Salmon, like what the! how is that possible to catch a 3x+ never mind a 6x? is it even possible? I imagine it to be so much easier on PC with a keyboard, I think! but even so, you must have a superhuman response time and superhuman fingers to catch something that big, right?

Iv'e been fishing alot, especially during new year because the top hat and i Figured i can only get fishes under 2.5 if they are 2.5 or bigger they snap not even my friends are fast enough to get those bastards.. So who ever rails up a 3.7 most be a super human and id like to shake his hand lol  [:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Exemplarisk said:

Iv'e been fishing alot, especially during new year because the top hat and i Figured i can only get fishes under 2.5 if they are 2.5 or bigger they snap not even my friends are fast enough to get those bastards.. So who ever rails up a 3.7 most be a super human and id like to shake his hand lol  [:

In all reality, they probably use scripts/macros to fish them. I wouldn't know though. I sat for 3.5 hours while watching some movies trying to catch a 3.2 Coel, and despite it being the only fish in render, I never hooked it once, despite using a 500% Rod and Leech blood.

8 minutes ago, iAmE said:

In all reality, they probably use scripts/macros to fish them. I wouldn't know though. I sat for 3.5 hours while watching some movies trying to catch a 3.2 Coel, and despite it being the only fish in render, I never hooked it once, despite using a 500% Rod and Leech blood.

You must be made of patience or you just wanted that fish really bad lol.. I don't have problem gettin the fishes to hook its just that whatever seconds you have to rail it up it not enough for the bigger ones.. I just stoped trying.. I know when im defeated 

This really annoys me!!!!!!!

I'll kill all the other fish in the pond leaving only the 3.x fish and then I sit there for so damn long watching the stupid thing bolt around like it's going to bite and nothing happens. I sit there for so long that all the carnivores that I killed to make the area safe are respawning and attacking me. Eventually even the little fish I killed off start to respawn and they zip across the water and waste my bait and degrade my pole. BS!!!

On 1/26/2017 at 9:11 PM, Crows said:

Hello! calling all master anglers out there; I don't know about you guys but I'm when I was fishing (on PS4) I tried catching a 2.5x Sabertooth Salmon which did bit my bait (leech blood) and as I was pressing every random button sequence as fast as I possibly could, without making a mistake, but the timer ran out.

Okay, 2.5x isn't big, and I was just too slow, I admit that... BUT I've just seen a 3.7x Coel and then my friend screeenshots a 6x Sabertooth Salmon, like what the! how is that possible to catch a 3x+ never mind a 6x? is it even possible? I imagine it to be so much easier on PC with a keyboard, I think! but even so, you must have a superhuman response time and superhuman fingers to catch something that big, right?

You have to wait for the industrial fishing rod that uses tek element as bait ?

23 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

Same reason as the uncraftable blueprints.  Gotta wait for the industrial fishing rod

So if I can find the uncraftable BP items in drops why can't I find the fishing rod? It makes no sense. If the fish are uncatchable, remove the 3.x number from them so I'm not wasting my rod durability and time.

Highest I can actually get to bite on my 500% fishing rod is 2.9. Any others above that do not bite, despite being the only fish in the pond. I have caught 2.2, 2.4, 2.6x. I have been close to 2.8 catches but was too slow. 

2.2: https://gyazo.com/06cfff50b29e4b6704262b193a95ae02

2.4: https://gyazo.com/022a0f09efb4dc8ef724b29bc13196d1

2.6: Dont think i took a ss of this one due to lag. Was too late when i hit the ss button.

40 minutes ago, MTek9 said:

So if I can find the uncraftable BP items in drops why can't I find the fishing rod? It makes no sense. If the fish are uncatchable, remove the 3.x number from them so I'm not wasting my rod durability and time.

No dude you misunderstood. I don't like that fact either. 

I was saying that they had uncraftable blue prints before this new industrial fabby thing comes out for tek tier that makes them craftable.

i was saying they have the fish as those uncraftable blueprints because you have to wait for some version of an industrial fishing rod. Which I think is ridiculous as well.

just to clarify fish=blueprints

and new fabby for tek tier will = new special rod

• 4 weeks later...

I have sat in front of a 3.4 and above with a mc rod for hours and it would never bite just seams like the bigger ones dont bite and the timer for getting the fish is insane too. I have been practicing if i dont have the same button over and over again i wont be able to catch it. its insane to catch them need to make the timer longer or the amount of the buttons pressed less

ive tried fishing myself w/ an apprentice rod. I think there is a bug with fishing that the devs shud look at. I understand its gotta be hard but you cant let people spend 5 hours trying to catch ONE FISH. When you can clear a cave in a hour at most and get asc gear....and LOADS of it. If you went looking for underwater crates and aplha Mosas for 5 hours hours im sure you wud come outta that equation with more that a few really good bps.

Archived