Sandstorm the awful feature of SE

GEonWAR

Dev introduced SE with some cool dino and great environment. Sometime these environment change look awesome but what about Sandstorm.

When SANDSTORM come everyone run for shelter, avoid fight, avoid tame and stop farm, why this harsh feature exist in game. Sandstorm should impact player from different way not like what in game. Why we need to stop everything for next 5 min. Dev are promoting their game through this or something else.

I hate being in game without doing anything.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

You dont understand my concern. I hate staying in game without doing anything. Sandstorm force to stay at one place.

For a couple minutes? Repair your armor? Craft something? What about night time? When you can't see anything, I remember when I was a noob, night meant staying indoors until it was safe to go out (yes I turn my gamma all the way up now, but don't think the devs intended that). That's when you hunker down and take care of base chores. It's a survival game after all...

Any mechanic that takes you away from gameplay and physically makes you stop for 10 minutes is idiotic in my opinion. My tribe members constantly discuss these poorly implemented weather effects in SE. There isnt always things for you to do at base..and constantly having to sit inside your base staring at the wall for 10 minutes is just dumb. 

8 minutes ago, At0mic109 said:

Any mechanic that takes you away from gameplay and physically makes you stop for 10 minutes is idiotic in my opinion. My tribe members constantly discuss these poorly implemented weather effects in SE. There isnt always things for you to do at base..and constantly having to sit inside your base staring at the wall for 10 minutes is just dumb. 

...it. Doesn't. There is plenty you can be doing without having to be outside. 

Get the desert gear and it isn't a problem any more. The map is meant to be a challenge, take away the challenges and you might as well be playing hello kitty adventure island.
No offence but please don't complain about something like this, it is a brilliant feature and if they remove because people don't learn to play then it will suck.

1 minute ago, clumsynynja said:

Somehow, I feel like this might be something you're doing wrong. 

And you shouldn't need your stamina much indoors, soooooo. 

Mate I think you didnt play SE much thats why you talking like this or you have 1x1 room. Bigger bases even full Adobe dont protect from SandStorm, If you have multiple Adobe Dino gates then protection is zero, multiple window wall also ruin it, diffrence is u can only see clear inside rest same as outdoor in sandstorm. 

9 minutes ago, GEonWAR said:

Mate I think you didnt play SE much thats why you talking like this or you have 1x1 room. Bigger bases even full Adobe dont protect from SandStorm, If you have multiple Adobe Dino gates then protection is zero, multiple window wall also ruin it, diffrence is u can only see clear inside rest same as outdoor in sandstorm. 

I haven't at all, but it still sounds like something YOU are doing wrong. Not gonna lie. That sounds...very much wrong, and like something being done incorrectly. 

And again, you don't really need stamina much indoors. 

Just now, GEonWAR said:

You made me laugh :D

Biggest question is Why I forced to stay inside multiple time in a day inside base,

And according to you "I should postponed all my indoor work untill Sandstorm come". 

You make me roll my eyes. 

No where did I say that; but if you literally have NOTHING you can be doing inside, then that's your own fault. Sounds like SE is too hard for you. Maybe something more like Barbie and her Sisters- Puppy Rescue, is your speed? 

2 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

You make me roll my eyes. 

No where did I say that; but if you literally have NOTHING you can be doing inside, then that's your own fault. Sounds like SE is too hard for you. Maybe something more like Barbie and her Sisters- Puppy Rescue, is your speed? 

Lol, now I realise you are trolling here, :)

I dont need to spend indoor to making narco, or cloths already heading to lvl 98 and everything is stocked inside.

Thx for wasting my time

Just now, GEonWAR said:

Lol, now I realise you are trolling here, :)

I dont need to spend indoor to making narco, or cloths already heading to lvl 98 and everything is stocked inside.

Thx for wasting my time

Not even slightly. But that's what you're going to tell yourself because you can't win the arguement. 

If you can't find something to do for five minutes, that's your own fault. But judging from your attitude in this post, I'm not surprised. 

I think I'm one of the few that doesn't care and tend to my business outside.

Was building? Meh, continue building... Was taming? Meh, continue taming... Was flying? Meh... Well, you get my point. :D

At first I just stayed inside, now that I'm well established on SE why is there a need to stay inside?

15 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

Not even slightly. But that's what you're going to tell yourself because you can't win the arguement. 

If you can't find something to do for five minutes, that's your own fault. But judging from your attitude in this post, I'm not surprised. 

4 minutes ago, Maedean Shepard said:

I think I'm one of the few that doesn't care and tend to my business outside.

Was building? Meh, continue building... Was taming? Meh, continue taming... Was flying? Meh... Well, you get my point. :D

At first I just stayed inside, now that I'm well established on SE why is there a need to stay inside?

True why I stay inside when I am heading to end game lvl. I wanna fly non stop to get lvl 190 Wyvern egg, wanna look for 150 Rock Elem.

37 minutes ago, clumsynynja said:

I haven't at all, but it still sounds like something YOU are doing wrong. Not gonna lie. That sounds...very much wrong, and like something being done incorrectly. 

And again, you don't really need stamina much indoors. 

Are you saying you haven't played it at all? Yet you are commenting on the issue? Please stop typing and go do something more productive than sit there and argue for the sake of argueing. I guarantee you are a minority in this...most do not like this feature. Sandstorms are poorly implemented..  there are tons of other ways they could have made them that wouldn't force you to stop playing..even if it was just to take away the distance you could see...or blow you around...or literally anything else but force me to go indoors and wait it out. Before I quit SE there were tons of times during a Sandstorm where all of our tribe members would just go into the Adobe room and stand around looking at eachother or punching eachother until it was over.  

Just now, At0mic109 said:

Are you saying you haven't played it at all? Yet you are commenting on the issue? Please stop typing and go do something more productive than sit there and argue for the sake of argueing.

Hmmm- how about no? How about anyone with a lick of common sense can figure out OP is doing something wrong here. 

And anyone, anyone, who can't find something to do for ten minutes indoors? That's a personal problem. That's an attitude problem. 

And clearly, some people ignore them and play through them. If you're not a good enough player to do that, well. Too bad, I suppose. 

Archived