Lost my main raptor under the map

lucifun

Was going to do my daily swamp cave run on my raptor when out of the blue, I was caught by a kapro. What was usually just a passing annoyance turned into the lost of one of my main cavalry mounts because after the kapro died, it still had hold of my raptor. So I mined the body, and lo and behold, the raptor went under the map and neither mine or my tribe's efforts to get it out worked. It was a raptor I got to 7500 hp due to breeding and a little imprinting, so it was upsetting to see her go like this. Two of my best raptors died because of glitches like these, oh and a wyvern or whatever.

Just venting my frustrations. 

PvE or PvP? If there hasn't been a death message and the server hasn't restarted yet it could still be under there.  In PvE you can sometimes use the K-orbital camera to get a view under the map and with some creative whistling and a Ptera get them to follow out (you mount and climb higher, they try to follow up in a straight line and pop out of the ground).  We actually had a Pelagornis clip through the map after being picked up by a tamed Megalosaurus for fun and it wouldn't acknowledge the ground at all.  Uploading and re-downloading him got him back on solid ground, thankfully. 

I noticed once after almost the same scenario that there's an option to release prey or something like that before you chop it's annoying corpse to pieces I got my terror bird back and vowed to never wander through that swamp again. I've lost so many tames to those dumb things ... You might be out of luck but try the whistle trick @JovanMaxis mentioned though. Maybe just maybe

Archived