• Administrator

large.Dossier_Megalosaurus.jpg.7789e0a7b

Common Name: Megalosaurus
Species: Megalosaurus Noctedominus
Time: Mid Jurassic
Diet: Carnivore
Temperament: Aggressive Nocturnal

Wild

Much like the Island’s other large theropods, Megalosaurus Noctedominus is an aggressive carnivore that should not be taken lightly. Unlike most of the other theropods, it is a primarily nocturnal creature. As dawn approaches, Megalosaurus begins looking for a secluded place to spend the day sleeping in relative safety.

Conversely, if disturbed during the day, Megalosaurus is significantly more sluggish. Either way, however, its primary combat tactic is to bite onto its target then lock its jaws shut in an iron-strength grip.

Only larger creatures can hope to break free once Megalosaurus locks its jaw. The creature then proceeds to gnaw on its prey until death. It’s a terrifying, grisly spectacle to watch, and a formidable tactic for a tribe to employ against more nimble opponents.

Domesticated

While Megalosaurus is not the most powerful theropod, it is still highly sought after by night-raiders. Due to its nocturnal nature,  Megalosaurus becomes much more formidable at night -- dodging attacks, conserving stamina, and attacking more accurately, to name a few of its enhanced talents.

View full article

Really, another theropod? On the bright side it does provide some good additions to the game. Will the decs be going back and reviewing the dossiers to decide if other animals will be getting nocturnal abilities. I personally think that utahraptor would work as a creature that can be active both day and night.

Edit : And yay for semi realistic feathers on a large theropod 

The dossier looks nice, as always, but...

Carnivores, carnivores, carnivores. Carnivores everywhere. Frickin' nothing but carnivores. Is that what this game is going to look like as a finished product? A "survival" game that plays more like an FPS because 75% of the animals on the island want to eat you, and you can't cross the next hill without running into four different species of predator? It's hard to imagine interesting predator-prey relationships arising from this population, and even more difficult to imagine that once you guys get improved AI in the mix certain species of herbivore will become excessively rare for no other reason than too many different things are trying to eat them. 

I agree we need more herbivores that were built to protect themselves and there heard iguanadons need to be put in the game it in the dossier add it already it's perfect and there bad asses who would fight like a sumo wrestler cheating (no thumbs!) or better yet more flyer I feel theres a lack of flyers in the game 

42 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

The dossier looks nice, as always, but...

Carnivores, carnivores, carnivores. Carnivores everywhere. Frickin' nothing but carnivores. Is that what this game is going to look like as a finished product? A "survival" game that plays more like an FPS because 75% of the animals on the island want to eat you, and you can't cross the next hill without running into four different species of predator? It's hard to imagine interesting predator-prey relationships arising from this population, and even more difficult to imagine that once you guys get improved AI in the mix certain species of herbivore will become excessively rare for no other reason than too many different things are trying to eat them. 

4 minutes ago, DrShocktue said:

I agree we need more herbivores that were built to protect themselves and there heard iguanadons need to be put in the game it in the dossier add it already it's perfect and there bad asses who would fight like a sumo wrestler cheating (no thumbs!) or better yet more flyer I feel theres a lack of flyers in the game 

They're bringing out the Therizinosaurus too which is coming soon I believe, yea more herbivores would be cool, and more aquatic-like dinosaurs