Paying Real Cash/Xbox Gift Cards for ARK Base??

StoneyDiagram2008

7 minutes ago, StoneyDiagram2008 said:

Do people really pay real cash for a fully loaded base on official PvE Servers?? If so what do you normally pay for one

This is a violation of the games rules.  If you're caught doing this you will be banned.

8 minutes ago, StoneyDiagram2008 said:

Curious as I see alot of people quitting ark and selling bases or dinos.

They transfer them with them because they can't transfer the base.

Apparently that's a pretty high offense,

Extreme Severity:

• Hacking
  • Botting
  • Posting Account Information
  • Posting Personal Information
  • Racism / Hate Mongering
  • Heavy or Explicit Sexual Language
  • Abusing Bugs/Glitches
  • Account Theft
  • Hacking another player's account
    • Stealing items
  • Selling In-Game items/currency/services for real world currency

but do these rules affect private hosted servers? I always see posts of people selling items for real world currency.

3 minutes ago, Arsequick said:

Extreme Severity:

• Hacking
  • Botting
  • Abusing Bugs/Glitches
  • Account Theft
    • Stealing items

but do these rules affect private hosted servers? I always see posts of people selling items for real world currency.

I think people know it can get u banned. Ask yourself what would be point of buying on unofficial, you can't transfer and generally rates are increased so you can gather and tame a lot easier, plus unofficial have an annoying habit of being shut down leaving your real cash items being wiped. 

@Pommer Seems pretty reasonable but some servers even sell admin to people that want to buy it same goes for other games that do the same, personally i wouldn't buy a base or high value items for real currency rather a trade, but hey people do it, cost wise ive seen people sell tribes with fully loaded bases 500+hrs for well over 100$USD 

2 minutes ago, Arsequick said:

@Pommer Seems pretty reasonable but some servers even sell admin to people that want to buy it same goes for other games that do the same, personally i wouldn't buy a base or high value items for real currency rather a trade, but hey people do it, cost wise ive seen people sell tribes with fully loaded bases 500+hrs for well over 100$USD 

That's ridiculous, people who buy bases should stick to cod and gta, I always thought the fun in this game is the grind, challenge of building up and the mistakes you learn from in the process. 

Where did you see the sale of that base take place? In game or on website? 

@PommerThere are groups on facebook that lets people advertise of ark sales for real world currency keep in mind these groups have over thousands of members and on xbox one the club system lets players advertise their services and offers and contact the client directly from the gamertag just yesterday saw someone selling lvl 280 ptera eggs mutated for 25$ each pretty remarkable really 

5 hours ago, Arsequick said:

Happened to me twice right here on forums... Inquired about dinos and was told both times that they wanted either xbox gift cards or real cash per dino.

6 hours ago, Arsequick said:

Extreme Severity:

• Hacking
  • Botting
  • Abusing Bugs/Glitches
  • Account Theft
    • Stealing items

At this point, I'm not sure if anyone actually gets banned for selling in game stuff for real world currency.

Since the release of Scorched Earth, people have been selling Wyverns on Console for months now. To my knowledge, what seems like half the population does it. I wouldn't be surprised if people do it with bases and other tames too.

2 hours ago, Dustrider said:

Its because we only own the license to play the game. We do not own the intellectual and virtual property that is Ark. This is why you cannot make a mod for Ark and charge for it. You cannot sell something that you do not own.

I've never sold anything but I have to disagree with this statement because you aren't really selling anything physical anyways.  You are simply selling the experience of owning these things.  That my friend you do own :-)...

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

I've never sold anything but I have to disagree with this statement because you aren't really selling anything physical anyways.  You are simply selling the experience of owning these things.  That my friend you do own :-)...

You can disagree with me and try to justify your reasoning but you are still wrong :) You do not actually own anything in this game. All Ark property belongs to WC. If WC came onto your server and deleted your base for "reasons" could you sue them for destroying your property? Nope! Hence, you cannot sell something you do not own. Now if you want to get into a philosophical debate about ownership, then who can own a rock? Or a tree? What actually is ownership? But thats a whole different can of worms that would be best left for a different debate.

Just now, Dustrider said:

You can disagree with me and try to justify your reasoning but you are still wrong :) You do not actually own anything in this game. All Ark property belongs to WC. If WC came onto your server and deleted your base for "reasons" could you sue them for destroying your property? Nope! Hence, you cannot sell something you do not own. Now if you want to get into a philosophical debate about ownership, then who can own a rock? Or a tree? What actually is ownership? But thats a whole different can of worms that would be best left for a different debate.

Then we shall agree to disagree...

• Volunteer Moderator
19 hours ago, StoneyDiagram2008 said:

Happened to me twice right here on forums... Inquired about dinos and was told both times that they wanted either xbox gift cards or real cash per dino.

If you have that in PMs, please feel free to use the report button on those PMs. 

The rules are clear and we don't need people that would circumvent the rules and spirit of the forum, while wasting other people's time; I, personally, would never trade with someone like that.  

So anyone that has encountered someone offering or requesting cash or cash equivalent for trades, please let us know using the report feature; don't  post anything here or on the forums.

Wild Card did this to themselves when they opened up the cross ark transfers. Soon there will be websites dedicated to the sales of dinos and other ark related stuff. Look at world of Warcraft and the amount of sites you can get gear and loot from.  the only way to undo this is to disable the cross ark transfers. Yes they will catch some of the people but they will not catch all of them.  Once the Chinese farmers get a line on this its over, you wont be able to keep up with the bans.

Never understood this.

I'm in a small (2 man) tribe on PVE official. Every single dino we own has been caught and tamed by ourselves. We really wanted a Quetz, so we tamed scorps to get kibble for rexs so that we had kibble for the Quetz. Knocking that thing out the sky and defending it while taming was fantastic and we have such an appreciation for the dino now.

I can see the urge in PvP as the desire for stronger attack / defense may prove too much for the weak minded, but where on earth is the point for PvE??

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

Never understood this.

I'm in a small (2 man) tribe on PVE official. Every single dino we own has been caught and tamed by ourselves. We really wanted a Quetz, so we tamed scorps to get kibble for rexs so that we had kibble for the Quetz. Knocking that thing out the sky and defending it while taming was fantastic and we have such an appreciation for the dino now.

I can see the urge in PvP as the desire for stronger attack / defense may prove too much for the weak minded, but where on earth is the point for PvE??

Some people worry about the destination.  Others enjoy the journey.  

Sounds like you had nice a trip.

Archived