5 minutes ago, Zephir1449 said:

It is right near the red obelisk. I have sucked the volcano dry with my two quetz and anky.

So you are building with metal? In PVE, you don't normally need metal buildings.

I'm also near the red oby. To keep a therizino away from your tames, you only need walls 2 high. They can be wood even. As long as your dinos inside your walls are farther away than the aggro distance of wilds outside the base, they will be fine. Building a wooden wall is good enough, although stone would be a bit better.

16 minutes ago, Zephir1449 said:

I use metal for armor, weapons, saddles, etc.

Was asking about metal, because there should be all the resources you need right next to your base.

If you can find the time, tame one of those Therizinos. We tamed a level 35, took 4 hours, and yes they are a pain to tame. Our first attempt failed because it woke up. I then got the cooking timer with a bell out of the kitchen and religiously set it to 25 minutes after each time I feed narco berries to it. I used narco berries instead of narcotics since they take longer for the torpor to rise. This gives you more time between having to give it more. I fed it 300 berries each time and now have a great tame for getting wood, a little thatch, and a lot of fiber. Pretty much exactly what you need to build that large wall around your base or a large barn to store your tames away safely.

Another side benefit of having a Therizino, is they are just plain fun to use.

I really wish they used a different kibble though, not sure I'll ever get my hands on the kibble they need. Alternatively, if they didn't need to be fed narcotic so often, a 10 hour tame for a level 150 would be possible. As it was, 4 hours for the level 35 was a long time to be doing something every 20 to 25 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Zephir1449 said:

I use my rex, chipotle, to wipe them out. I put him outside and he destroys all the therinzos

I'm near the red oby, between the waterfall and the swamp. I see one near my base every couple of days. Right across the river from my base, there is usually one or two a day.The highest I've noticed so far was I think a level 65. Seems like an odd addition to an area that is supposed to be fairly easy to start out in. Possibly their spawn location will be moved in a future update.

Ya, with the right tame, they are pretty easy to kill. I use my Quetzal, an Argent, a Rex, or a Spino to kill them.

Pretty nasty to run into though if you are just starting out and don't have any of the above. Best defense is to just keep them away with a good wall around your base.

Archived