PVE Giga'ing?

Jorrmung

Below you’ll find our banning guidelines.

PUNISHABLE OFFENSES:

Low Severity:

• Misconduct :
    • Behavior / Language
    • Unacceptable Names (Name change will be required)
      • Offensive Names – Contains vulgar, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive, including any usernames which are sexual in nature.
    • Impersonations – Impersonating someone else, including, without limitation, another user, tribe or Game Master ("GM")
    • Offensive Phrases
    • False Reports

High Severity:

• Benefit Hacking (Taking advantage of a hacker’s exploit.)
  • Partying or making use of hackers
  • Hack Related Chat
  • Providing hack information
  • Requesting hack information
  • Promotion of Scam Activities
  • Advertising Hack Sites
  • Linking / Discussing Inappropriate Sites
  • Intentionally receiving hacked items
  • Griefing
    • Some examples:
      • PvP – Due to the nature of PvP servers, there is little we will be able to assist with on these types of servers.
      • PvE Server (Blocking players from getting out of their bases, obstructing pathways/waterways, etc.)

Extreme Severity:

• Hacking
  • Botting
  • Posting Account Information
  • Posting Personal Information
  • Racism / Hate Mongering
  • Heavy or Explicit Sexual Language
  • Abusing Bugs/Glitches
  • Account Theft
  • Hacking another player's account
    • Stealing items
  • Selling In-Game items/currency/services for real world currency

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us/articles/220278968-Banning-Guidelines

17 minutes ago, MandyH said:

It used to be agaist the rules but too many people was doing it and they got too many reports about it that now they say build a better base.

Honestly its pretty true, and it's not that hard.  Pretty much every animal on the entire map can be stopped by building stone walls 4 high.  You "can" unlock stone walls at level 15 and stone foundations at level 20.  So in essence by the time you're level 20 you should be able to create a base that all animals save for a Giga and Titanosaur can no longer destroy.  The odds that you've pissed off enough people to make them just kite your base by level 20 are pretty low.

8 hours ago, Jorrmung said:

Do the Admins still punish players for kiting dinos into PVE bases? My friend lost hundreds of dinos because someone threw a temper tantrum and kited a giga into his base while trying to giga someone else in our tribe.

If your 90 and have 100 dinos and have a wood base that is just being lazy for not upgrading to protect your base.

Like PlanB and Frozen said, well within your capabilities to protect yourself from griefers if you put forth a little effort.  Too many people in this game just complain at the first sign of adversity, have you never played a public online game before?  PSA people will do anything you can think of to make you have a bad time if you let them, put the time and effort in and you can stop them in their tracks.

35 minutes ago, Jorrmung said:

There was one in place. we're not sure how it was kited in

I think a lot of players would like to think this is your fault, even though it appears it isn't. In that way, they can still feel safe in their base thinking they have done everything to prevent this and it will never happen to them.

To be honest, with the current state of the game, most bases are not 100% safe against a really determined griefer if they know the proper exploits (I'm going to call them that, no need to debate this, just a waste of time).

On 1/24/2017 at 6:23 PM, MandyH said:

It used to be agaist the rules but too many people was doing it and they got too many reports about it that now they say build a better base.

True story.

We had a major problem around last April with kiting. Had videos and screen shots of in game chat of the people admitting it and everything. Tickets were filed and the response was that kiting and certain griefing are apart of the game. We told WC to remember that when a ticket was filed back against us. Most people on our server now a days are pretty chill, only trolls and arkholes get kited anymore.

On 1/24/2017 at 6:46 PM, Plannb23 said:

The odds that you've pissed off enough people to make them just kite your base by level 20 are pretty low.

People dont care who you are or what your doing half the time.  I have had people lure rex's and stuff on my thatch starter hut just because they could see me from their base.  Then they just throw down multitudes of pillars and add to another major issue plaguing PvE servers.  As a solo player that still has significant numbers of tamed creatures, building in metal becomes much more arduous a task.  Compiled with playing on SE where i have to make my building from adobe, then make a metal shell around it (so instead of a 2x2 building its a 4x4 with the metal shell).  Just to keep people from kiting rock ele's onto my stuff.  IMO if a player gets video (not necessarily just screencaps) of someone luring for the sole purpose of destroying a base and griefing a player it should get attention from the GM's

Like was said up there, no way to 100% be safe. But the safest you can be, is build behemoth gates around your base. Then, build behemoth gates around your behemoth gates. At least a Titan length away from original gates. This will stop most any gig or Titan attack. You'll have to really P off someone to get them to go thru the effort to work around it.

Archived