Imprinting - how many imprints can you "miss" on a giga?

Typh0n90

Recently solo raised 2 quetzals and missed a couple imprints only to end up with one quetz having 100% and the other had 99%. This got me curious as to how many imprints I could miss if I were to raise a giga with the intention of getting as close to 100% as I can. Could anyone who has raised gigas give an opinion on what I've written below?

Using the wiki http://ark.gamepedia.com/Imprinting#Bonus to provide the percentage gained per imprint and that imprinting occurs, on average, every 3.5 hours (3 hours and 30 minutes).

h = hours

total time to raise in hours / 3.5 h = number of potential opportunities to imprint X percentage gained per imprint - overlap (to reduce to 100%). Overlap / percentage gained per imprint.

Giganotosaurus - 330 h/3.5h= 94 x 1.54 = 144.76 - 44.76 = 100

44.76/1.54 = 29 imprints can be "missed". 29x3.5h= 101.5 hours of sleep/extra time?

2 hours ago, Typh0n90 said:

Recently solo raised 2 quetzals and missed a couple imprints only to end up with one quetz having 100% and the other had 99%. This got me curious as to how many imprints I could miss if I were to raise a giga with the intention of getting as close to 100% as I can. Could anyone who has raised gigas give an opinion on what I've written below?

Using the wiki http://ark.gamepedia.com/Imprinting#Bonus to provide the percentage gained per imprint and that imprinting occurs, on average, every 3.5 hours (3 hours and 30 minutes).

h = hours

total time to raise in hours / 3.5 h = number of potential opportunities to imprint X percentage gained per imprint - overlap (to reduce to 100%). Overlap / percentage gained per imprint.

Giganotosaurus - 330 h/3.5h= 94 x 1.54 = 144.76 - 44.76 = 100

44.76/1.54 = 29 imprints can be "missed". 29x3.5h= 101.5 hours of sleep/extra time?

baby gig require 65 imprints. total rising time is 280 hours. imprint timers come from min 2 hours and max 4 hours. in worst scenario where will  have only 4 hours timers u will have extra 20 hours. allso my personal advice. alfter u hit 100% imprint mark i recomend to imprint it once more, its because math issue, 65 times imprinted babys are not really 100% ones. u need to do that 66 times.

9 hours ago, TheHarbinger1911 said:

baby gig require 65 imprints. total rising time is 280 hours. imprint timers come from min 2 hours and max 4 hours. in worst scenario where will  have only 4 hours timers u will have extra 20 hours. allso my personal advice. alfter u hit 100% imprint mark i recomend to imprint it once more, its because math issue, 65 times imprinted babys are not really 100% ones. u need to do that 66 times.

I believe I added on the egg incubation time...lol.... If only I could imprint them before they hatched ;-) 

Still, a minimum of 20 hours "spare" isn't too bad. That's 3 full nights of sleep at just under 7 hours a time. More if I wasn't absurdly unlucky with constant 4 hour imprinting intervals. 

Archived