Primitive Plus and Ark Transfers?

johnm81

11 hours ago, johnm81 said:

Any ETA on when we can transfer from Prim+ to Prim+ servers?

Why are we trying to add more broken features to the game rather than actually getting things that have been in the game for months.  Lets get the updated patches from November, December, and January in the game and working correctly before we start transferring things from server to server.

I'm hoping to see at least the CrossArk style implemented where there is one of each map connected to one cluster. I don't think it would be as big of a problem with Prim+ seeing as there is only 1 explosive and they are heavy as heck in bulk and you have to actually get close to place them. It's not like normal servers where you can just spam hundreds of RPG's and C4 easily (basically should just be called call of duty with dinos at this point, doesn't feel like a survival game anymore). Prim+ is much more siege-oriented where it could take hours to just get past the outside defenses, then you got to go in and deal with inside defenses with only a heavy as hell explosive. I think people here are just used to the stupidly fast paced normal ark tech that has literally ruined the game (for me) on those servers. I just don't see Prim+ being prone to that kind of idiotic fast-paced destruction. Everyone has a chance on Prim+. I started a war with the Alpha chinese tribe on my server who has ascendent pike and musket BP's with just my brother and we were killing them even before we joined up with a few others tired of being the victim of the alpha's oppression. We've now basically caused them to stop logging in, killed hundreds of their dinos, etc and it has taken over 2 weeks and we're still not done, but it seems they've stopped logging in and have admitted defeat (for now). That would have been freaking IMPOSSIBLE on normal server cause they would've been able to wipe us in 5 minutes flat every time, but it actually takes siege equipment to wipe people in Prim+ which is freakin awesome. I'm just really sick of these crybabies playing on Prim+ not wanting transfers open at all because they are comfortable in their "only pvp when I want to and on my terms" bubble like literally 95% of the people that pick PvP servers.

4 hours ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

I'm hoping to see at least the CrossArk style implemented where there is one of each map connected to one cluster. I don't think it would be as big of a problem with Prim+ seeing as there is only 1 explosive and they are heavy as heck in bulk and you have to actually get close to place them. It's not like normal servers where you can just spam hundreds of RPG's and C4 easily (basically should just be called call of duty with dinos at this point, doesn't feel like a survival game anymore). Prim+ is much more siege-oriented where it could take hours to just get past the outside defenses, then you got to go in and deal with inside defenses with only a heavy as hell explosive. I think people here are just used to the stupidly fast paced normal ark tech that has literally ruined the game (for me) on those servers. I just don't see Prim+ being prone to that kind of idiotic fast-paced destruction. Everyone has a chance on Prim+. I started a war with the Alpha chinese tribe on my server who has ascendent pike and musket BP's with just my brother and we were killing them even before we joined up with a few others tired of being the victim of the alpha's oppression. We've now basically caused them to stop logging in, killed hundreds of their dinos, etc and it has taken over 2 weeks and we're still not done, but it seems they've stopped logging in and have admitted defeat (for now). That would have been freaking IMPOSSIBLE on normal server cause they would've been able to wipe us in 5 minutes flat every time, but it actually takes siege equipment to wipe people in Prim+ which is freakin awesome. I'm just really sick of these crybabies playing on Prim+ not wanting transfers open at all because they are comfortable in their "only pvp when I want to and on my terms" bubble like literally 95% of the people that pick PvP servers.

An intersting take. I do enjoy the pvp aspect of cross ark travels as it breaks strangle holds that alphas can hold on a server. I would like to see a grid system where one server only connects to others so you may need to hop several servers to raid your enemy. This opens up the dimension of politics and strategy.

52 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

An intersting take. I do enjoy the pvp aspect of cross ark travels as it breaks strangle holds that alphas can hold on a server. I would like to see a grid system where one server only connects to others so you may need to hop several servers to raid your enemy. This opens up the dimension of politics and strategy.

I like that idea too. I wish they could get PGM's working well enough that they could literally make a galaxy of servers connected to each other much like how EVE Online connects their systems. That would be pretty dope =). I have a feeling however that the PGM's algorithms just aren't up to that kind of challenge and I doubt it ever will be.

For now though, I would settle for the CrossArk type of deal they have going with some of the normal servers and for them to get SE into Prim+!!!

17 hours ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Well on ps4 prim+ servers there are only 2 of the servers that are more peaceful than all out pvp,by all accounts the other 9 are all ruled by oppressive alphas.If full transferring was opened up that would(probably,i mean it's not guaranteed) mean the death of the last 2 of the more civilised servers.So not entirely sure where you get that 95% want to live in a bubble figure from.With all the constant grinding the other servers alphas have been doing and having run out of people to kill because they(shortsightedly) force everyone off their own server,i'm betting they're all chomping at the bit to go transferring in.If it hasn't come across,i think it's a terrible idea.

4 hours ago, Bogger said:

Well on ps4 prim+ servers there are only 2 of the servers that are more peaceful than all out pvp,by all accounts the other 9 are all ruled by oppressive alphas.If full transferring was opened up that would(probably,i mean it's not guaranteed) mean the death of the last 2 of the more civilised servers.So not entirely sure where you get that 95% want to live in a bubble figure from.With all the constant grinding the other servers alphas have been doing and having run out of people to kill because they(shortsightedly) force everyone off their own server,i'm betting they're all chomping at the bit to go transferring in.If it hasn't come across,i think it's a terrible idea.

Well we just removed the oppressive chinese alpha on Prim+12 after two weeks of fighting (and they used every exploit they could). I highly doubt any of the others are as strong as the ones we just dealt with on 12 and we started with just me and my brother. I'm sorry that you can't see that Prim+ is a whole nother beast compared to normal tek servers and you can't just destroy someones 100's of hours of progress in 5 minutes of placing C4. You can't just bring over 100's of C4 and 100's of RPG's (or more) from a different server. You only have seige equipment and barrels (which are heavy as heck). If you want to fully destroy someones progress you yourself need to commit tons of time creating barrels on top of tons of time making siege ammo for catapults and ballistas since it's not like it's just a walk in the park to destroy tons of species X. What's normally the case is people have poorly setup defenses and then they log on and see everything is gone and quit because they literally have 0 fortitude and build like they are on a PVE server.. We were wiped 3 times during our fight with the chinese Alpha on Prim+12 yet we kept going. At multiple points they were suiciding their rex's and gigas into our bases to try and kill species X and we slowly drained them of their tames. They never once destroyed a safe though, we had fall backs, which IMO is great. It needs to take a lot of explosives to blow through safes. People need fallbacks or they stop playing completely which is bad in the long run. Safes give people staying power and people need to use that to their advantage. That's PvP, which most people just can't handle. Most people want to be on a PvP server for the THOUGHT of being ABLE to PvP if they WANT to - sorry, that is not how it works in ARK. You join a PvP server you better be damn prepared to PvP at any point and time and become sieged for weeks(vs 5 minutes of c4 placing). If that ain't what you're prepared for than PVP ain't for you. Best bet for you is to go play a custom server with some ORP or something.

2 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

That's PvP, which most people just can't handle. Most people want to be on a PvP server for the THOUGHT of being ABLE to PvP if they want to - sorry, that is not how it works in ARK. You join a PvP server you better be damn prepared to PvP at any point and time and become sieged for weeks(vs 5 minutes of c4 placing). If that ain't what you're prepared for than PVP ain't for you. Best bet for you is to go play a custom server with some ORP or something.

Yeah most people have lives to live too. Not me, but most people. Sure you can see that argument could be made that being able to play 24/7 is unreasonable for a main mode of the game. 

4 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Yeah most people have lives to live too. Not me, but most people. Sure you can see that argument could be made that being able to play 24/7 is unreasonable for a main mode of the game. 

Then it sounds like official PvP servers aren't for you/them since you/them seem to be unable to make friends. Best bet for you/them would be a custom server with ORP. Have fun!

11 hours ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Well we just removed the oppressive chinese alpha on Prim+12 after two weeks of fighting (and they used every exploit they could). I highly doubt any of the others are as strong as the ones we just dealt with on 12 and we started with just me and my brother. I'm sorry that you can't see that Prim+ is a whole nother beast compared to normal tek servers and you can't just destroy someones 100's of hours of progress in 5 minutes of placing C4. You can't just bring over 100's of C4 and 100's of RPG's (or more) from a different server. You only have seige equipment and barrels (which are heavy as heck). If you want to fully destroy someones progress you yourself need to commit tons of time creating barrels on top of tons of time making siege ammo for catapults and ballistas since it's not like it's just a walk in the park to destroy tons of species X. What's normally the case is people have poorly setup defenses and then they log on and see everything is gone and quit because they literally have 0 fortitude and build like they are on a PVE server.. We were wiped 3 times during our fight with the chinese Alpha on Prim+12 yet we kept going. At multiple points they were suiciding their rex's and gigas into our bases to try and kill species X and we slowly drained them of their tames. They never once destroyed a safe though, we had fall backs, which IMO is great. It needs to take a lot of explosives to blow through safes. People need fallbacks or they stop playing completely which is bad in the long run. Safes give people staying power and people need to use that to their advantage. That's PvP, which most people just can't handle. Most people want to be on a PvP server for the THOUGHT of being ABLE to PvP if they WANT to - sorry, that is not how it works in ARK. You join a PvP server you better be damn prepared to PvP at any point and time and become sieged for weeks(vs 5 minutes of c4 placing). If that ain't what you're prepared for than PVP ain't for you. Best bet for you is to go play a custom server with some ORP or something.

Using ps4 to post sucks,can't find way to cut most of that off so...The way pvp works is how the players make it work.If a server goes all hugs and kisses and rainbow kitties,well that's up to them.They worked on that server to make it happen.Same as a bunch of blood thirsty psychos who wipe their server of anyone that can challenge them,they worked for that so that's fine.It's not fine to open up transfers just because the blood thirsty guys are now bored.Why pander to them because they made the mistake of wiping anyone that god forbid,may even fart in their general direction?They have the power to fix their own servers,break up their alliance and go to war,stop wiping people for a while so they can mount an attack etc On small scale transferring works imo,but on a large scale it just breaks completely,not only do you give these massive tribes the ability to port to another server after having had their own server probably to themselves(and all the riches that entails) but you also give them and even the smaller groups the ability to port to much younger servers completely destroying the newer player experience.OR completely rework the way transferring and server wars work,that'd be welcomed.

There is another side to that argument Bogger. Many people can escape those psychos because they can uproot and transfer to a peaceful server. The strength isn't in how psycho they are. Its in the strength of their numbers. A rainbow kisses server can offer a terrifying defense to any raider if they have the numbers and unity...

9 hours ago, johnm81 said:

We need to keep in mind this is a survival game. Survival should be brutal and hard. Dinos are too weak to pose a threat. Enemy human tribes do this nicely imho.

The issue with your statement here is that you're only accounting for "your version" of what survival means.  PvP versus PvE survival have VERY different versions of the definition of Survival.  When you talk about "transfers to and from servers" you're talking about the entire ark community.

Also, I'd like to revisit my first statement in this post.  Can we get some pretty important things like dinos falling through ceilings, brick walls placing correctly, Allosaurus' not spawning in bases fixed before we start trying to actually make the game "harder?"

4 hours ago, Plannb23 said:

The issue with your statement here is that you're only accounting for "your version" of what survival means.  PvP versus PvE survival have VERY different versions of the definition of Survival.  When you talk about "transfers to and from servers" you're talking about the entire ark community.

Absolutely nothing stops anyone from making a post recruiting tribes into a mega alliance built to defend the server from hostile tribes transferring in :) In the end, this is a PvP survival game where PvP is encouraged. If it's not what people are looking for, there are PvE servers.

Just now, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Absolutely nothing stops anyone from making a post recruiting tribes into a mega alliance built to defend the server from hostile tribes transferring in :) In the end, this is a PvP survival game where PvP is encouraged. If it's not what people are looking for, there are PvE servers.

Again ... server transfers are for the entire ark world not just PvP.  Don't be myopic.

1 minute ago, Plannb23 said:

Again ... server transfers are for the entire ark world not just PvP.  Don't be myopic.

Don't really care about PvE. Are you afraid someone is going to flood the egg market on your server or something? We've known forever that server-to-server transfers were going to be the standard. It was an entire selling point of the game. Did you forget about that? If you don't want server transfers feel free to start up your own server and not allow transfers.

Don't really care about PvE. Are you afraid someone is going to flood the egg market on your server or something? 

Again you're making assumptions without actually knowing anything.  Feel free to keep making baseless and false theories though.  It's fun to watch.

We've known forever that server-to-server transfers were going to be the standard.

That's great.  But it isn't on an entire global perspective.  It's on a percentage based amount correct?  I play on Primitive Plus and don't play on officials so forgive my ignorance on who can and can't transfer.

1 minute ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

It was an entire selling point of the game. Did you forget about that?

It was?  That wasn't part of the reading material when I bought the game.  Not sure when you bought the game so I can't speak to what you knew was and wasn't a part of what you expected.

2 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

If you don't want server transfers feel free to start up your own server and not allow transfers.

Gotcha.  If I don't like your idea of WildCards approach to something I should just leave.  That's clearly what diversity of the game is about.  Only one way to play the game.  You're awfully full of yourself though.  It amazes me how you run around here with your holier than though approach to everything, and if someone disagrees with you, you just throw out some passive aggressive jibberish in an effort to make them back down.

Unfortunately, that's not me.  Choose better next time.

That's great.  But it isn't on an entire global perspective.  It's on a percentage based amount correct?  I play on Primitive Plus and don't play on officials so forgive my ignorance on who can and can't transfer.

Not sure of any normal official servers that don't have cross server enabled or aren't clustered other than Prim+. Not sure where you're getting this percentage thing from, but I don't expect anything to be different for Prim+ once they finally implement it.

It was?  That wasn't part of the reading material when I bought the game.  Not sure when you bought the game so I can't speak to what you knew was and wasn't a part of what you expected.

One of the selling points for me was the fact they were going to do this, and I'm pretty sure they had it planned to be able to do all along, since it was implemented very early into EA and then turned off while they 'worked' on it.

Gotcha.  If I don't like your idea of WildCards approach to something I should just leave.  That's clearly what diversity of the game is about.  Only one way to play the game.  You're awfully full of yourself though.  It amazes me how you run around here with your holier than though approach to everything, and if someone disagrees with you, you just throw out some passive aggressive jibberish in an effort to make them back down.

WC has a vision. You're free to say that vision sucks and you don't want it which is why they created the ability for you to create your own server with your own rules and even create custom mods so you can play the way you want. Want everyone to be max level 1 and every BP to be dropped only? There's a server for that! Want level 5k dinos? There's a server for that! WC has allowed you unlimited diversity in the form of modding and custom rule servers, but the official servers follow their vision. Feel free to leave all the suggestions you want.

Unfortunately, that's not me.  Choose better next time.

? Err, ok.

On Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 10:20 AM, Plannb23 said:

Also, I'd like to revisit my first statement in this post.  Can we get some pretty important things like dinos falling through ceilings, brick walls placing correctly, Allosaurus' not spawning in bases fixed before we start trying to actually make the game "harder?"

The transfer system is only pvp to pvp and pve to pve. So the needs and balance issues must be addressed on a server rule set basis. I play pvp so I will only comment on that rule set and not presume arrogantly to know what pve servers should have.

l would like to see character and level transfert only. l liked when you could only upload your character to scorched earth. Defending is already hard enough from within a server, invading across should be harder, not easier than already being in. 

With full transfert the attacker get a 100% surprise bonus. The defender can not spot any buildup until it is too late, no matter how hard they try.

• 3 weeks later...
On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 9:52 AM, Lumi said:

l would like to see character and level transfert only. l liked when you could only upload your character to scorched earth. Defending is already hard enough from within a server, invading across should be harder, not easier than already being in.

With full transfert the attacker get a 100% surprise bonus. The defender can not spot any buildup until it is too late, no matter how hard they try.

Yes its too easy to raid with transfers, they should make raiders commit their resources and not be able to transfer back for a period of time (a cooldown period of maybe a week) Lots of time raiders will just come in hit bases then transfer back without a risk or logistical planning of where to house dinos etc. If they had to commit to a battle they would have a harder time because they can't escape to scorched earth as a shield (some players have not bought the pay to win scorched earth package so they cant retaliate).

Make it so attackers have to reside on the server for a period before they can retreat ie. transfer cool down.  It would also weaken their own home server as they cant go back to defend. So raiders need better planning or face retaliation.

Cross Ark is the most stupid feature of all. And there are a lot of stupid features in this game.

You spend time working on your server, growing a little and minding your own business and then go to bed. Some asshole from the other side of the world with a big tribe and lots of resources just decide to go to your server and wipe you. Sounds like fun, sounds like survival to me, lol. 

Ark is taking a really bad turn in all aspects... Bugs are not fixed, development is bad and slow, new features are a joke (apart from dinos - and dinos with all those animations really reduce performance but its nice to have more dinos), game is losing all the immersion, primitive plus is the only mod that is worth playing but the loading time and the poor development is killing it.. it was actually better before the patch than after.

Its true that at the moment there is no other survival game as good as ark, or that i enjoy playing (this is only my opinion). but its sad to see that a game that is almost 2 years late in development and the developers, after so many people believe in them and bought the game in early access, are still so far away from final lunch or at least bug fixing and serious performance of game and official servers fix.

Archived