Gigantosaurus flying on quetzal platform it is ridicoulous. What do you think?

Icense

18 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

I love it when someone claims something and doesn't explain why. Why should he be forbidden? Why is that ridiculous? Why OP?

Because gigas are supposed to be slow and have very little stamina. Because having a flyer pretty much flings you into easy mode as far as conflict with the landscape/wild dinos. Because taking the biggest, strongest flyer with a platform saddle on which you can build things, then putting the coldest, remorseless, most badass killer  in all of Ark on top of the flyer, and flying it around to completely destroy other people, is obviously too op.

The devs have already stated that gigas are not supposed to be able to fly. This is punctuated by the fact that the giga doesn't actually ride a quetz platform but rather skids across the surface until it slides off, or in the case of people who enjoy utilizing exploits to get ahead, hits a wall and is safely, pathetically flown to its destination whereupon it wrecks some poor players and their base. I believe that answers your questions.

Gigas are op on their own, there is absolutely no reason to need to take the easy route and fly your ten ton monster across the map. Man up and ride that sucker properly.

7 minutes ago, Nim said:

Because gigas are supposed to be slow and have very little stamina. Because having a flyer pretty much flings you into easy mode as far as conflict with the landscape/wild dinos. Because taking the biggest, strongest flyer with a platform saddle on which you can build things, then putting the coldest, remorseless, most badass killer  in all of Ark on top of the flyer, and flying it around to completely destroy other people, is obviously too op.

The devs have already stated that gigas are not supposed to be able to fly. This is punctuated by the fact that the giga doesn't actually ride a quetz platform but rather skids across the surface until it slides off, or in the case of people who enjoy utilizing exploits to get ahead, hits a wall and is safely, pathetically flown to its destination whereupon it wrecks some poor players and their base. I believe that answers your questions.

Gigas are op on their own, there is absolutely no reason to need to take the easy route and fly your ten ton monster across the map. Man up and ride that sucker properly.

This makes sense. Was wondering why my freshly tamed Giga couldn't stand on a platform yesterday.

9 hours ago, Icense said:

E88A5673A5C401C98D5FD2F9181932B643AC694E

I think it should be forbidden that the gigantosaurus can be used on the platform of the quetzal. Its very ridicoulous and OP.

What do you think?

I want to know how they did that.
It's been impossible to do that on; Boats, Platforms etc. with Brontos, Gigas and Titans. They shouldn't be allowed at all.

OP its just a liar who seek for attention! just graphic glitch cause of level of detail over the distance. u can't land gig/quetz/titan on any platform/raft. its nerfed in v222.5  patch ( * Giganotosaurus can no longer stand on rafts or flyer platforms ) years ago. even if u somehow land tamed gig on quetz platform it will intsa over encumber it no matter what weight stat quetz have

2 hours ago, TheHarbinger1911 said:

OP its just a liar who seek for attention! just graphic glitch cause of level of detail over the distance. u can't land gig/quetz/titan on any platform/raft. its nerfed in v222.5  patch ( * Giganotosaurus can no longer stand on rafts or flyer platforms ) years ago. even if u somehow land tamed gig on quetz platform it will intsa over encumber it no matter what weight stat quetz have

Not true. You can. This picture is from last sunday. And it was not a detail over distance, they kill me and my argentavis flying :D!

12 minutes ago, TheHarbinger1911 said:

not! u can't! any quetz become over encumbered if gig steep on its back or platform! beleeve me!

Show it in a video. And then I will upload my version which I recorded in response to your trolling.

A Giga weights about 900 kilos on a Quetz. A Quetz with more weigth can carry one.

7 minutes ago, TheHarbinger1911 said:

not! u can't! any quetz become over encumbered if gig steep on its back or platform! beleeve me!

It does not. Because the Giga is technically floating over the platform, its drag weight does not appear to be added to the Quetzal. You can therefore box it in with structures and let it just float along for the ride until you reach your destination. Drag weight only seems to be added when a creature is legitimately on a platform. I'll also point out that the Giga's drag weight is 4000, so a high-level Quetz could easily support that even if the devs have changed it such that Drag Weight is now factored in even for floating creatures (I haven't tested recently to find out, but I've seen nothing to indicate that it's the case)

Just now, PuffyPony said:

It does not. Because the Giga is technically floating over the platform, its drag weight does not appear to be added to the Quetzal. You can therefore box it in with structures and let it just float along for the ride until you reach your destination. Drag weight only seems to be added when a creature is legitimately on a platform. I'll also point out that the Giga's drag weight is 4000, so a high-level Quetz could easily support that even if the devs have changed it such that Drag Weight is now factored in even for floating creatures (I haven't tested recently to find out, but I've seen nothing to indicate that it's the case)

yeah! i tested on my 4.3k weight quetz. its working and that is really not good

Just now, TheHarbinger1911 said:

yeah! i tested on my 4.3k weight quetz. its working and that is really not good

So, ironically, actually letting the Giga be carried on a platform would block more people from carrying it with a Quetz because that means people would need a Quetz with well over 4000 Weight to manage it :) kind of ironic. I think Drag Weight needs some revision to that end

30 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

So, ironically, actually letting the Giga be carried on a platform would block more people from carrying it with a Quetz because that means people would need a Quetz with well over 4000 Weight to manage it :) kind of ironic. I think Drag Weight needs some revision to that end

that is the price of "ballancing" platform farm tehnique cause that community is intoxicated by BDSM pve n00bs 

Archived