Nitrado servers, are they worth it?

Haydn

I just quite Nitrado.........too many crashes and disruptions.

Last straw was a few days ago I couldn't get service all day after I started a new server, they didn't activate it till the next day and then offered me an extra 15 minutes server time for making me lose a day.

I immediately demanded a full refund and stopped using them.

I'm trying Blue fang but they don't seem to great either.

Is there a game server provider that is reliable, has excellent performance and has an easy to configure interface ?

Yeah same here, I brought the server from Nitrado.

I must say the interface and everything is great, anybody could change the settings, they are simple and easy to use and love the analytics of the server.

However the actual connection and everything is just annoying, I had times where people couldn't connect, and It kept kicking me off, after multiple restarts of the server and attempts to connect I gave up. I will settle for it for now and let them to have my £20 for this once, but I must say, I wont be going back there for the services again.

One good thing about Nitrado..........I received a refund.

I also tried BlueFang and after a week of issues and trying to work with their very basic Ark server settings......basically it's all manual file editing..... I quit them too. But unlike Nitrado BlueFang refused to return my funds claiming their server settings interface is excellent........what a bunch of BS.

I'm now using Survival Servers and they have been really good with a complete and easy to use server settings interface ( Like Nitrado's settings and maybe even better)........a low ping and so far........reliable.

I'm currently having issues with a new Nitrado server. Won't start at all. Or when it says it's started, I can't get any response from it. No stats on the runtime show up in the dashboard either. I saw that one post on their forum where someone's server was down for days and they still hadn't gotten any support...smh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well, if you don't mind getting most of the smaller updates a couple days after everybody else. or that some settings keep being overwriten every couple days...

and the fact they don't have 24/7 support longest time to respond  to a ticked when server was stuck in reboot cycle= 11 hours ( problem had fixed itself after 3 hours)

mods on their support forum making fun of you when you post it there saying something like:  sure our support works 24/7 just waiting for you to send in a ticket... lol

i would say go for it , just to have a good example how a server provider should not work. i gona move my 3 servers to another provider. can only get better :)

• 7 months later...

Just want to chime in here. I'm currently using nitrado and it's the first and only time I've rented a server for any game and it's been amazing. We tried to avoid nitrado at all costs at first due to the reviews but in my honest opinion most bad reviews are due to impatience and lack of understanding of the settings. Nitrado offers a 3 day trial server which you can extend as your actual server upon payment. The service has been nothing short of reliable and anytime I couldn't access the server, I checked down detector instead of automatically blaming nitrado and it turns out one downage was psn and the other was ark itself. The settings don't all come with description s so you might accidently lower a rate when you tried to increase but there's YouTube videos for all that. The app is amazing and combined with the psn messenger app I can change settings and reboot the server from anywhere at anytime. I rent a 10 man server (the dodo package) and so far there's no lag, disconnects, or downages. Maybe there higher tier packages are more unreliable idk but the ten man package is a great deal and experience so far contrary to what most of the bad reviews. Keep in mind most people don't leave good reviews and I would encourage you to look at the 3 star reviews to get a more middle ground slightly less biased reviews 

It depends on what you use the server for.

If you expect a high population, mega bases and tons of tamed dinos. No hosting service will cut it for you. In this case you should go with a root server to be fully in control and get good performance.

If you just want a server for you and your friends for a couple of month, Nitrado will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, theOmega28 said:

I have been using Survival Servers for my ps4 Ark. I have 2 servers with them clustered together for a little over 6 months.They have been pretty good. You will get issues from time to time but when I read reviews about other server providers I have not had near the issues as I have read about with others. 

Also I can send them a ticket and says a 24 hour response but I have usually heard back from them within less than 1 hour at all times, day thru night

• 3 months later...

Archived