Narcotic Traps Useless?

Crows

I put around 5 connected (10 in total) narcotic traps in a buffer chamber and closed it off, a week later I log in and spawn inside it amongst the traps and noticed that they're all "(Unconnected)" like every single one is unconnected, and undamaged, so they weren't activated by me/something else, of course. Doesn't this make them useless as defense? unlike bear traps which stay placed forever, pretty much.

You sure they didn't reconnect themselves to closer narc traps? Say,if you put up 2 connecting traps in a horizontal line spaced quite a bit apart,then you add another line of those below your first set going horizontal,the narco traps after a period of time will reconnect themselves vertically if they are close to each other.It's a major pain in the arse,but if you already know about that and it wasn't the cause,fair enough.I do like them for dire bears on primitive plus,only way i can get them knocked out.(Have used them in defence but only ever close to the time i've been attacked,not left them up for extended periods)

Vaguely remember hearing about a bug where they disconnect upon a server restart.  Official servers auto restart when they crash.  Quickly too.  So quickly that you may not even know or realize it happened as it will feel like you got a standard every day boot.

This may be the case as I've never had an issue with the traps staying connected over a period of days on my private server.

Just now, TheSpirit said:

Yeah alarm traps and narc traps disconnect on server restart. Have to place them again every time server restart, kinda useless, yeah.

Ahhh that explains it all then. I honestly can't be bothered replacing the traps every server restart because it's a waste of resources in the long run, all to do what exactly; potentially knock out a raider for a moment? lol... of course there's many ways to combine narc traps with other deadly things, but you know what I mean.

3 minutes ago, Crows said:

Ahhh that explains it all then. I honestly can't be bothered replacing the traps every server restart because it's a waste of resources in the long run, all to do what exactly; potentially knock out a raider for a moment? lol... of course there's many ways to combine narc traps with other deadly things, but you know what I mean.

Well it's not wasting resources, because you can pick up traps and put them back again. Kinda like chairs. But yeah...

Archived