Other Dinos that should damage Stone?

LilNastyGurl

Kinda a weird topic, but I was thinking about my Ankylo, and how it can shatter these gigantic boulders, obsidian slabs and 20 foot metal-encrusted nodes with just its keratinous tail, but when it comes to breaking down a Reinforced Wooden Door, or even breaking down a Stone Pillar, it is helpless. 

While reliable structures are important in keeping the wildlife and griefers from our most valuable items and all of our hard-to-make Kibble fridges, fabricators and vaults, there's been a couple things bothering me about the sheer untouchability of Stone and Metal.

I noticed Wild Therizinos can do scratch damage to Stone dino pens. It is negligible, a mere 1 per hit, but I thought that the idea behind it was so good. That you don't just have a wonderfully invincible everything, and having to patch it up with 1 stone every once in awhile was good. That even though it was stone, that it could be worn down over time and you didn't have that 100% safety factor all the time, and made that giant herbivorous monster carving at it a not-so-forgettable thing. If the Therizino was doing 200 a hit on my stone pen, I'd be angry, but that slow wear was really cool.

Gigas and Titanos will always be the "go-to" for raiding and mass destruction, but what other dinos should be siege dinos, even if they can only amount to being "Gate breakers" or "door busters"? I always liked the idea of tamed Mammoths and Paracers doing some damage to stone would be acceptable. 

This is also something that has bothered me for awhile. I don't think a lot of dino's should be able to break down stone walls, but anything with a lot of bulk behind it's attack should be able to.

Doed, Anky, Mammoth, Bronto, Pachy & Chalico(Boulder Throws)

It makes no sense the only dino to damage them is Giga. Yes at first Giga is a difficult task to tame but tbh as you get more experienced imo it is very easy to tame even with prime.  As soon as you have a Bronto and a few big carno's narcotics become easy to obtain and that is the biggest task getting the required Narcotics & Tranq's.  

As far as balance goes, no-one should think a stone wall is sufficient to protect your precious items and most people will back this up with Plant - X, which is a sufficient enough deterrent to prevent tamed dino's destroying your structures.

In terms of realism, any dino which weighs over 1000kg should by all rights be able to damage the dinky stone walls in this game. In terms of balance, however, stone is an intermediate building material and isn't a cheap investment for players without a doedicarus. It took me like 24 hours to set up a small stone house without one. It would be pretty frustrating if stone were as easy to remove as wood unless more dinos are given the ability to harvest it, dinos which don't require as much time and effort as a doeder.

Large creatures, such as Rex, Spino, Bronto, Mammoth, Paracer, Mosa, and Tuso (maybe Wyverns, but with their melee exclusively)
Arthropleura... I mean come on, the thing spits acid
Doed, Anky, Pachy, Woolly Rhino, Chalico... All use pretty powerful attacks that should be able to bash stone

The most efficient stone-destroyers would be Dunkafish, Doed, and Chalico... Others damage stone at lesser degrees. IMO, all structures (excluding thatch, obviously) should be somewhat easier to destroy using tames, at least by virtue of having a wider range of tames that can damage them. Especially given the coming Tek tier and structures there, it seems silly to me that Stone and Metal are already pretty much indestructible

Archived