ValfromHR

A simple solution to joining servers.

First and foremost let me go ahead and say I absolutely fell in love with this game. I don't think I've ever played a game where one of the key points to success is having strong political skills. This is also the first game I've ever played that incorporates espionage which is friggin AWESOME! I spend so much time on this game that my girlfriend is threatening to bash my xbox with a hammer ffs. Needless to say I fell in love with the Ark.

This post is regarding the current status of xbox servers. Let me say; I completely understand that the current xbox build isn't the final product. However, I have some thoughts on how to possibly make this game run smoother on the console. When playing Ark in the twilight of my Ark life I noticed the game runs fairly smooth. No major FPS drops. No major rubber banding, No major DCs. I was a happy little survivor frolicking about on newbie beach with my little thatch hut poking at trikes with my spear. Fast forward to a few weeks later and dear God almighty was it bad. At this point I had joined a tribe. We have a massive base with enough dinos to reach the limit cap, and I swear certain areas in and around our base are simply no fly zones. These areas are without a fail DC zones that are caused by what I can only assume to be the amount of dinos we have on top of the amount of rendering being done as we fly into our base at high speed. So I came to think maybe there should be a slider for details on object skins like how they do in major MMORPGs. The same should be done for grass and water quality. Even draw distance would be a fantastic feature. 

As far as joining a server goes; I feel like in the final game it is absolutely necessary to have joining ques and place holders for DCed players. Ark doesn't take long to start up and rejoin a server in terms of actually getting to the right screen to do so. Having a rejoin place holder in the server of about 2 minutes should be sufficient enough to allow recently DCed or recently game crashed players to hop right into the Ark. Also having a server que similar to Battlefield 4 would spare our thumbs years of pain later on when we have arthritis. I understand why it isn't implemented now as this is a "stress test" in a sense, and I'm sure Ark is collecting data from these game crashes. The end game, however, should have this as a standard feature on all servers IMO. Thoughts?

Best,

Val from HR

Dino Riders

NAserver41PVP

Jat talk about it here

here is the info

Queues

This is something we are currently looking into and seeing how it would work through our server's session list. We hope to be able to bring it to you guys but are not completely sure yet, as queues are not as straight forward as they sound - believe me, if they were - you would have queues yesterday, I can assure you that - but we are seriously going to look into it and see what we can do.

hope this helps