Wild tuso's and being grabbed

VicRattlehed

9 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

No, you get dismounted as soon as the Tuso grabs your mount, but if set to anything but passive, the tame attacks it. ;)

That is not true. You do not get dismounted. How I know? I have 17 Tuso testicles in a vault.

And it's also not true that the tame attacks it if it's on neutral.

When I tamed my Mosa I went into a water cave and saw a 150 Tuso there. It was pretty far away to I dismounted to use spyglass. For some reason it came to me and grabbed my Mosa. I could not mount it and despite being Neutral, my Mosa did not attack it. Tuso killed me and I had to sacrifice a Shark to rescue my Mosa just in time.

Whatever you do, do not dismount while fighting a Tuso. And watch out. Do not engage them at the ocean bottom or near the worls end or near big rocks. It can grab you into them and your Mosa will be blocked out or outside of the map. Besides that, they're pretty easy. When they ink you, swim out of the cloud and after the almost dead Tuso to finish it off.

4 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

That is not true. You do not get dismounted. How I know? I have 17 Tuso testicles in a vault.

That's strange. I've been dismounted on my Mosa twice and one time on my Turtle. First time on my Mosa I tamed the Squid and second time the Mosa killed it (didn't want to tame a lvl 15). Maybe the mechanics are a little bit weird for now.

On 1/21/2017 at 6:47 PM, Jostabeere said:

When I tamed my Mosa I went into a water cave and saw a 150 Tuso there. It was pretty far away to I dismounted to use spyglass. For some reason it came to me and grabbed my Mosa. I could not mount it and despite being Neutral, my Mosa did not attack it. Tuso killed me and I had to sacrifice a Shark to rescue my Mosa just in time.

Whatever you do, do not dismount while fighting a Tuso. And watch out. Do not engage them at the ocean bottom or near the worls end or near big rocks. It can grab you into them and your Mosa will be blocked out or outside of the map. Besides that, they're pretty easy. When they ink you, swim out of the cloud and after the almost dead Tuso to finish it off.

For the record I just has my Mosa die to a level 15 Tuso.  Was grabbed and COULD NOT hit the Tuso while it was grabbed.  I did not dismount.  

RIP Cuddles :(

Archived