PvP solo tips, where to go next

TheArkGuy47

Hey guys,  

I would like to start this out with saying if I'm in the wrong section or something my apologies. I have just browsed this site since getting into Ark, but finally decided to post something and get your take. I love ark. I'm playing on the PS4 an have been addicted these past days, weeks, months whichever it's been ?You guys have been awesome and helped some much but I won't lie I just want to know more and more!

So to the topic at hand. I started out trying to tribe up and I don't have any friends on PSN who play so it was just random people I met online. Like anyone I met great, good, average and bad people but hey that's ark life for ya. Decided I wanted to solo it out for awhile after being in a tribe an being used as only a resource mule for getting metal.

I switched servers an started up again. Over the last week I've built my solo base. I am on The Island and I decided to build on the south side of the Blue obelisk on a small ridge. I'm level 75, I have small 2x3x2 metal base to start which holds my valuables and it has a enclosed generator in it with a turret and my valuables. That is then surrounded by a 6x7x2 all metal floor an walls with the ceiling being converted from stone to metal in the coming days. I have a 5x6x4 pen on top of that(all together it almost like a small Mayan pyramid) and about 25ish plant species x spaced around the building and on top.

So basically my question and thanks for bearing with me, where should I go next in what I want to accomplishment. I know base defense is always a priority but I haven't been able to tame much because I've been putting most of my time into gathering resources. I have a lvl 90ish trike, lvl 30 raft for pure transportation right now, lvl 45ish ankylo, lvl 90 belzebufo, lvl 60 dire wolf. I haven't had many interactions with people just a few but I'm near a beacon so I know they've watched me progress and will be visiting/testing my defenses soon.

i know you guys get asked this all the time so I'd appreciated any more advice. As over the last weeksI've read every forum I could get my hands on. 

Haven't played ARK on consoles so don't know whether it differs much from PC. Easy option if you dont have at least one vault already make that your priority, may not keep everyone out but costs if they want to get at your best stuff. Make more and work into your defences and to improve mats flow. I love playing solo but it is tough, just be prepared to lose everything you have, then rebuild better. Rinse repeat.

If you really want to rock your world tame a quetz. 

Ooh deary I completely overlooked a vault. I'll be trying to get one of those tonight as well should help a lot. As for the quetz tame. That's been in the back of my mind just haven't had the resources. An I know taking a quartz with one guy will be doable but an ordeal. I actually had a level 15 quetz  following me the other day and I know that won't happen again for awhile., should've acted on it. The ark gods won't present me with that for awhile ?

That base ideas video is great! I've heard of doing that before and Defintely considered it. It'd be a grind to get the resources but I think it would pay off. Thanks so much guys I really appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Captnmorgan said:

Hats off to you solo pvp is difficult you really have to manage those engram points wisely. Just be sure you know what mounts or saddles you want. With underwater bases coming in next month or so I believe the new frontier will be under the sea... 

That's really good advice aswell. Water tame's are just something I've completely neglected but also know that I need to get into. As for engram points I learned that awhile back and mindwiped one day when I needed to build something, talk about being stopped dead in your tracks. 

On the the thought of mindwipes and how they correlate with stats could I possibly use them muiltiple times for instance I'm 50/50 builder/combat stats but pre-planned raid I might wanna change that an go more fighter oriented. So my question basically, is there a limit to mindwipes? 

again you guys have been a ton of help 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, TheArkGuy47 said:

That's really good advice aswell. Water tame's are just something I've completely neglected but also know that I need to get into. As for engram points I learned that awhile back and mindwiped one day when I needed to build something, talk about being stopped dead in your tracks. 

On the the thought of mindwipes and how they correlate with stats could I possibly use them muiltiple times for instance I'm 50/50 builder/combat stats but pre-planned raid I might wanna change that an go more fighter oriented. So my question basically, is there a limit to mindwipes? 

again you guys have been a ton of help 

nope you can mind wipe as many times as you want as far as I know.

I have a question on this topic I play solo on a Xbox official server and my main concern is combating offline raiding, I have a fairly compact base on a cliff unreachable by land Dino's with 40+ plants and 30+ autos that are all brimmed with rounds, my question is To survive an offline attack  should I start doubling up on walls or continue with turret defense? I feel like if they drain 50k  worth of bullets they Would have no problem spending little extra rockets to get through any walls or vaults I put down.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Deej said:

I have a question on this topic I play solo on a Xbox official server and my main concern is combating offline raiding, I have a fairly compact base on a cliff unreachable by land Dino's with 40+ plants and 30+ autos that are all brimmed with rounds, my question is To survive an offline attack  should I start doubling up on walls or continue with turret defense? I feel like if they drain 50k  worth of bullets they Would have no problem spending little extra rockets to get through any walls or vaults I put down.

No base is unraidable. I make it as hard as possible so instead of double walls you could do more safes some with nothing in them. I like people to waste time and resources... another base or 2 would also be good keep nothing in them or spread out your valuables. I guess where you are it's really what seems more fun to you. But damn that's impressive on your own....

Mind wipes, not unusual to use a few during a raid depending on what you are doing, and use is only limited by your resources.

I'm not a lover of layering walls, too time consuming, resource wasting, frustrating and good luck replacing during a raid :D

Solo set your character up for building/carrying eg weight. Also health, speed and a dash of stamina. Some mellee if you dont have dinos to do most of the mats gathering work.

Xplants and turets are good but it gets to the point where X times more slows the attacks a little but wont stop them. Neither will walls or vaults. Time maintaining things gets old quick.

Solo, one of your best defences is diplomacy. Try make friends that will keep an eye out for you or even come to your aid if you are attacked. Also be aware those same friends can also be working to take you down.

Solo raiding? You aren't there to fight. Health and maybe speed depending on your entry. You get caught, you and probably all of your stuff is gone.

Actually you need to work on 2 things.

1) Base defense: your base defense needs to fend of occasional griefers that come from other servers and attack weak bases. For this very reason dont build anything close tot he shore!

2) Diplomacy: No matter how many defenses you build you will not be able to fend off an attack by the alpha tribe. So you need to be on good terms with them. The most important fact is showing that you are no threat to them. Beeing solo usually makes you little to no threat already but that must be comunicated. If you want to stay alive for longer try to be on good terms with the important tribes on your server.

3) Have backups. Create a place for backup storage in case your base is wiped.

You guys have been awesome I really appreciate the Help. My next goal is to get a couple pillboxes up around the base. A backup base isn't far behind. 

the tribes around me seem chill, but time will tell. One of them needed the engram for the beaver saddle an I just gifted the saddle as a peace offering. I realize that at the end of the day I can't always have a tribe member on being a solo player. but I can Defintely have friends that look out for each other and help. 

As for the topic of solo raids I get exactly where you're coming from. As much as I wanted to be standing at the foot of their base, cape billowing in the wind, with a rocket launcher on my shoulder and a Dino army at my back. I realize most of my raids will be guerilla style and getting in and out as stealthy as possible. But I'm cool with that. It should be interesting to see how it goes. Again I really appreciate the help.

Best thing imo is to keep working on defenses. Make your base not worth the materials to raid it. If you put up a ridiculous amount of turrets and plant x the only person that is going to raid you is the one with a grudge against you..  or the alpha. Like the guy above said, stay on good terms with the alpha.

Archived