Pegomastax

Tyx2

Pegomastax 

need more information.....

got robbed which would be funny except I got robber of a ASD mosa saddle BP... that's fricking mental....

then got home (back to main server and was robbed again... putting skin on ASD riot helmet tried on full set armor then put into my storage Bigfoot were I kept my personal gear went back 5 min later it's gone I'm assuming this little terror did this one as well but could be just another surprise from ark 

ok so how does Pegomastax work in PVE...

can player drop these little tamed monsters into your base come back in a while and collect your loot? And if so what can you do about it as on PVE you can not attack another players dinos..

should there not be a value that can be pinched? Like food, maybe small trinkets, ammo or low tear BPs not end game stuff....

what about storage on dinos do I have to remove all storage on dinos should this not only count toward mounted dinos not every Dino you own....

Also if allow on PVE should I not be allowed to shoot the little critter and the person that sent it? And rob there stuff...

im not really interested in the little dinos always forget I have them on me and they get dead....

sorry if posted else where I could not find and this is first post 4 me...

I'm not sure in Regards to pve, but here's how they work.

If someone drops a wild pegomastax, they will sneak up on you and "rob" you.   When you get the notification, you will want to turn and kill it immediately as that is the only way to get your loot back.   Remember this, if too long passes, it will come back for more loot normally.  Usually you can get all the items back if it's just 1 that keeps stealing.

As for the tamed ones,  there are 2 settings.  Fast and normal I believe they are (sorry I can't remember right now), basically normal it will steal from someone once and then goes on passive automatically.   Fast, it will steal, and then go for more when it's ready to.  

So if someone sees someone, they can look at you with a spyglass, whistle it to attack and it will rob you and then simply whistle it back.  

Regardless, if you get that message you will want to scan the area and kill any pegomastax you see in hopes of getting your gear back.    I do believe when they take stuff there is a system it follows on what it takes over other items.  But usually it's just random, I think you just got a bad draw on that one.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

That can't steal from you if you're on a big enough dino.  Thornys, beavers, sabers and the like are not big enough to avoid the theft.  Theris and up are big enough to avoid theft, typically.  If they come from above somehow they can steal from you.

Last item slot on your hotbar gets robbed first, then random stuff from your inventory.

I hate these things, I was once taming a lvl 150 mantis on scorched and went outside my gate to apply more bug repellent and got 18 or so deathworm horns stolen. I was able to kill the darn thing but it glitched into the earth and I wasn't able to get them back. Needless to say I individualize them when taming from now on.

Archived