Wyvern melee damage

BK

There was some extensive testing done when they first came out and it appears that the melee% only affects the direct damage portion of breath attacks and does nothing for the damage over time portion.

So lightning gets all of its breath attack boosted, fire gets around half or something from the initial hit and poison gets almost nothing since the damage is around 90% damage over time and unaffected by melee%.

17 minutes ago, Kallor said:

There was some extensive testing done when they first came out and it appears that the melee% only affects the direct damage portion of breath attacks and does nothing for the damage over time portion.

So lightning gets all of its breath attack boosted, fire gets around half or something from the initial hit and poison gets almost nothing since the damage is around 90% damage over time and unaffected by melee%.

This is exactly right, but to add, that 500% is just the percentage multiplied against the base damage of the wyvern.  Not sure why they decided to make some of the stats point-wise and some of them percentage wise.  The math per level is easy enough either way.

Did a little looking around and found this post.

If these tests are accurate... I like the fact that the poison does 125% of melee stat on initial hit and ignores armor..ouch...  

So according to these tests a poison with 500 melee will do approximately 625 damage on hit.. pretty awesome but the lingering is fixed at 10 dmg per tick which seems low.

This was the video that someone did the testing on.

Basically Fire and Poison both get "initial" damage buffs if you increase their melee, so the initial impact is more devastating (my fire can one shot most people by doing this). The lightning however "scales" meaning the beam of lightning gets stronger with each point of melee you put into it, so melee points greatly increase a lighting dragons breath, while marginally increase on a fire/poison. That's not to say it won't benefit the other two, just not as much as the lighting. I still tend to get about 13-15k health, 2-3k stam and put the rest of the points I have on a dragon (regardless of type) into melee. (Maybe 2-3 points in speed, but thats debatable)

Archived