How long to raise a wyvern?

BloodyMess

2 hours ago, BloodyMess said:

Is it difficult? I was given an lightning egg and going to hatch it this afternoon (will be raising 4 eggs as we were given 3 and also hatching and raising one for another ally)

imprinting and all, how many hours? And can two people get milk just fine?

This is a tough thing to answer because it varies. I believe the total time for a wyvern raise is like 4 days and 1 hour. Unless your tribe has offset time zones or you are taking shifts, prepare not to sleep. Raise the highest eggs you can (it is MUCH easier). The first 24 hours is the worst for milk needs. I was getting milk solo or with one other person. Milk was easier for my on my wyv but if you have a trap and a fast enough bird, should be fine. Four is do-able but you are going to be stretched thin for your first raise. For the first 24 hours, milk will be needed every 3-4 hours. If you have an egg below lvl 100, it may be shorter than that. 

Good luck on the raise!

not worth hatching under lvl 130 (low food when raising and no saddle armor afterwards). milk you can solo if you are skilled enough with the trapper. have a cooker close by because wyvs give 20+ prime. that is, if you're interested in multitasking and not being wasteful. remember to have salt on you when moving milk/prime. the incubation will take 4h59min and total maturation 3d20h34min. don't wanna do the math again but you can miss like 5-6 imprints and still get 100%. no kibble or such needed. only asks for milk, cuddle or walks. find space for those walks, with the foresight of them getting bigger and taking more room. first day will definitely be hardest so i suggest hatching early in the morning. depending on food levels, you might get 8-9h of rest on the first night, that is if you value your beauty sleep over imprints. 

having personally done this stupid thing, i'd recommend you hatch at least 2 milkings worth of eggs.

2 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

not worth hatching under lvl 130 (low food when raising and no saddle armor afterwards). milk you can solo if you are skilled enough with the trapper. have a cooker close by because wyvs give 20+ prime. that is, if you're interested in multitasking and not being wasteful. remember to have salt on you when moving milk/prime. the incubation will take 4h59min and total maturation 3d20h34min. don't wanna do the math again but you can miss like 5-6 imprints and still get 100%. no kibble or such needed. only asks for milk, cuddle or walks. find space for those walks, with the foresight of them getting bigger and taking more room. first day will definitely be hardest so i suggest hatching early in the morning. depending on food levels, you might get 8-9h of rest on the first night, that is if you value your beauty sleep over imprints. 

having personally done this stupid thing, i'd recommend you hatch at least 2 milkings worth of eggs.

What i do is i use my fire dragon to get milk, i lure a female dragon in the trap with me i shut the door when i'm inside then hop off my drag and run like Muhammad Ali. After this ill tranq the dragon while my fire is tanking hits but only do that when you have a 14k+ health dragon!

1 minute ago, Jerky said:

What i do is i use my fire dragon to get milk, i lure a female dragon in the trap with me i shut the door when i'm inside then hop off my drag and run like Muhammad Ali. After this ill tranq the dragon while my fire is tanking hits but only do that when you have a 14k+ health dragon!

i advise against that. lot of things can go wrong. just fly over/through the cage and look behind that the wild wyv chases you in the proper height, to be caught by your lame trap. speed argi/tape/ptera with a transferred higher tier saddle will make it relatively safe and give you the agility. remember soups 

6 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

i advise against that. lot of things can go wrong. just fly over/through the cage and look behind that the wild wyv chases you in the proper height, to be caught by your lame trap. speed argi/tape/ptera with a transferred higher tier saddle will make it relatively safe and give you the agility. remember soups 

I forgot to mention he almost died once... Mr Dr. Evil

Archived