Wipe vs No Wipe Discussion Thread

UnhappyCamper

So..................................... My first post here will not be a positive one sadly, you can all save the welcome hugs for later :)

I was playing Ark when a major dupe was discovered the first time and the servers all got a wipe as this was accepted to be a "Major issue". What has led me to register here and start this conversation is because I cannot figure out how the issue we are facing now is not even more serious?

Currently as you are all well aware tribes of up to 70 players mostly based out of China are wiping official PVP servers attached to clusters (I am aware of a small handful of other tribes doing this not based out of China but for the most part it is from that nation). Now the discussion around cross-ark transfers is another discussion all together, but with this change has come all new dupes being exploited on mass right now.

As it stands the item dupe has not been fixed and is still being exploited so these tribes have limitless raid gear. Also now we have a dino dupe that allows the users to keep pulling the same dino out of the pillar/beacon as many times as they like. I have watched a stream today where a player pulled out their max level Giga 7 times! It's already a known fact that many players using these exploits are also using paid hacks that enable ESP and aimbots as well as players markers as this can also be seen in the same streams. Many players also have bases under the map as well as inside rocks and icebergs which enables them to wipe bases by firing RPGs through the ground, this can also been seen live in streams.To combat this tribes on cluster servers are banding together to cover every single pillar/beacon/loot crate spawn with foundations and turrets to stop the abuses transferring to their server.

Taking the last paragraph into consideration how does Wildcard continue ignoring this issue and not wipe!? The community is literally screaming for it. The game has been totally thrown into disrepute. 

This is a sad state of affairs indeed. As someone that has played the game since it launched on Steam this is worrying. I have over 2000 hours and have been part of all sides of Ark, so no need to tell me to get gud. I and my tribes mates need to sleep and work and we don't have 50+ members so we really don't stand a snowballs chance. I accept this. But I'd rather not be wiped by glitch/dupe/hacking abusers thanks.

It is now at the point where anyone not in a major alpha tribe can't have any fun on PVP official at all and even then they are still at major risk. We are simply being pushed off the game or onto unofficial servers, this is not acceptable.

I and my tribe would rather go back to square one as level 1 bobs with no dinos and have everyone do the same than spend one more second in the Ark in disrepute.

Cheers and out,

UnhappyCamper

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play on the crossark cluster so I was aware of the duping even before transferring was enabled on the rest of the official server. I tried mentioning it here but my thread was deleted and swept under the rug "as if deleting my thread was going to make the problem go away..."

When the transferring was enabled outside of crossark cluster I made another thread questioning why the developers followed through with enabling transferring when the duping can easily sway the balance of official servers within a day or two but again my thread was deleted and ignored. Please note I never specified the details of the duping other than that it was related to exploiting the transferring system it self because I do not know exactly how to perform the exploit. This is information I have gathered from other people exploiting.

So now I've come to the conclusion that there is either a serious problem with the way moderators on the forums handle important information received from players on the forums or that the duplication problem is intentionally being silenced. Either way if the transferring system overall wasn't enough to make ark players drop like flies the duping is almost certainly going to cause massive problems and more than likely it's the ark players that are going to suffer the consequences when everything gets wiped.

Just remember that this could have been avoided had the developers not pushed the patch through even though players like myself that played on the crossark cluster were warning them.

1 minute ago, Writhes said:

I play on the crossark cluster servers so I was aware of the duping even before transferring was enabled on the rest of the official server. I tried mentioning it here but my thread was deleted and swept under the rug "as if deleting my thread was going to make the problem go away..."

When the transferring was enabled outside of cluster servers I made another thread questioning why the developers followed through with enabling transferring when the duping can easily sway the balance of official servers within a day or two but again my thread was deleted and ignored. Please note I never specified the details of the duping other than that it was related to exploiting the transferring system it self because I do not know exactly how to perform the exploit. This is information I have gathered from other people exploiting.

So now I've come to the conclusion that there is either a serious problem with the way moderators on the forums handle important information received from players on the forums or that the duplication problem is intentionally being silenced. Either way if the transferring system overall wasn't enough to make ark players drop like flies the duping is almost certainly going to cause massive problems and more than likely it's the ark players that are going to suffer the consequences when everything gets wiped.

Just remember that this could have been avoided had the developers not pushed the patch through even though players like myself that played on the crossark cluster servers were warning them.

Wow. This really makes me think that WC wants to wipe all servers and will use these dupes as an excuse. Or they want to kill all officials so they don't need to upkeep them. But I guess that is the same for us.

I understand that Ark is still in early access.

I understand that Wildcard is trying new ideas and wants to see how it plays out.

Tbh..this is getting out of hand and ruining the game. The only issue I've came across myself is the blockage of Obs and supply drops. It's sad to hear that players are experiencing this issue while the devs continue to ignore it. I wish Wildcard would take this serious & make changes. From what I'm seeing they are encouraging this behavior. Additionally, the mods are definitely no help with this situation. We the players that is supporting YOUR video game is speaking up so YOUR video game can see improvements and not plummet off the face of the Earth. YOUR video game isn't fun anymore.

Smh. What do you expect from a company that sells DLC when the game isn't finished. ?

I agree that a full Official Wipe is the only real option. They never should have said they wouldn't do it. I think legit players, though sad to lose their hard-earned progress, would understand that it's necessary to ensure game integrity. As for exploiters, they deserve to lose everything.

And once the wipe is done all Officials should be Clustered. So you have one Island, one Center, and one Desert plus one of each additional DLC map once they start coming out. This would encourage the formation of large communities that can interact across ARKs without causing total chaos, and would also reduce the ability for single tribes to dominate everything.

15 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

I agree that a full Official Wipe is the only real option. They never should have said they wouldn't do it. I think legit players, though sad to lose their hard-earned progress, would understand that it's necessary to ensure game integrity. As for exploiters, they deserve to lose everything.

And once the wipe is done all Officials should be Clustered. So you have one Island, one Center, and one Desert plus one of each additional DLC map once they start coming out. This would encourage the formation of large communities that can interact across ARKs without causing total chaos, and would also reduce the ability for single tribes to dominate everything.

Agreed. And there will be wipe, no doubt in my mind. Devs cannnot just leave the duped dinos in the game, there is no way. And at this point tracking them down is useless. Sure player base will shrink, but the people who leave will be players with thousands of hours in ARK. You cannot be expected to take seriously bad review of someone that played thousands of hours, It's well worth the money.

4 hours ago, TheSpirit said:

Agreed. And there will be wipe, no doubt in my mind. Devs cannnot just leave the duped dinos in the game, there is no way. And at this point tracking them down is useless. Sure player base will shrink, but the people who leave will be players with thousands of hours in ARK. You cannot be expected to take seriously bad review of someone that played thousands of hours, It's well worth the money.

Maybe from the perspective of someone that thinks the game never changes but in a game like ark that is actively being developed those high hour players should understand more than others when something has gone wrong with recent content patches or balance changes.

10 hours ago, TheSpirit said:

Wow. This really makes me think that WC wants to wipe all servers and will use these dupes as an excuse. Or they want to kill all officials so they don't need to upkeep them. But I guess that is the same for us.

If true it's a pretty terrible way of doing it.  most people want a straight admin wipe, not to be trolled off the servers by endorsed cheats.

Not to worry, plenty of better options coming online in the next month or 2.

v250.2
* Fixed Wyverns / other creatures having infinite special-attack stamina when carrying a creature
* Changed the following items to have only 1 stack, and retroactively applied this to help deal with an exploit:
- Industrial Grinder
- Chemistry Bench
- Industrial Cooker
- Tree Platforms
- Industrial Grill
- Vault
- Industrial Forge
- Ballista Turret
- Minigun turret
- Rocket turret
- Oil pump
- Cannon
- Refrigerator
- Air conditioner
- Fabricator

And these are now limited to 5 in a stack:
- Huge Gates & Gate Frames (Wall and Ceiling)

The Issue is dealt with already they agree duping should be allowed just not to the extent that people were doing it. So they made it stack less so they have to use those duped items to craft more vaults. Just start duping its time for you all to have fun.

6 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

v250.2
* Fixed Wyverns / other creatures having infinite special-attack stamina when carrying a creature
* Changed the following items to have only 1 stack, and retroactively applied this to help deal with an exploit:
- Industrial Grinder
- Chemistry Bench
- Industrial Cooker
- Tree Platforms
- Industrial Grill
- Vault
- Industrial Forge
- Ballista Turret
- Minigun turret
- Rocket turret
- Oil pump
- Cannon
- Refrigerator
- Air conditioner
- Fabricator

The Issue is dealt with already they agree duping should be allowed just not to the extent that people were doing it. So they made it stack less so they have to use those duped items to craft more vaults. Just start duping its time for you all to have fun.

Cool, just tell everybody how to do it or post a resource?

Personally I'm done with this game (If they don't wipe I won't be back), but I'm sure there's plenty of peeps out there that would like to know.

11 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

@SlipperySquid
Transfers allow duping of dinos. Please try to read at least.

As it stands the item dupe has not been fixed and is still being exploited so these tribes have limitless raid gear. Also now we have a dino dupe that allows the users to keep pulling the same dino out of the pillar/beacon as many times as they like. I have watched a stream today where a player pulled out their max level Giga 7 times! It's already a known fact that many players using these exploits are also using paid hacks that enable ESP and aimbots as well as players markers as this can also be seen in the same streams. Many players also have bases under the map as well as inside rocks and icebergs which enables them to wipe bases by firing RPGs through the ground, this can also been seen live in streams.To combat this tribes on cluster servers are banding together to cover every single pillar/beacon/loot crate spawn with foundations and turrets to stop the abuses transferring to their server.

Clearly mentioned the item dupe do you need me to make it bigger?

I am just saying people have posted so much poop up on the internet that you can go find that dupe easially. Last i heard one of the ways people are Duping dinos are with Ddosing. This clearly is not a method i would ever advise anyone to use so why would i reccomend it? 

If people want to dupe items they can just go where to redit or probably youtube i am sure there are enough videos on it now on how to do it with out Ddos.

44 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

v250.2
- Industrial Grinder
- Chemistry Bench
- Industrial Cooker
- Tree Platforms
- Industrial Grill
- Vault
- Industrial Forge
- Ballista Turret
- Minigun turret
- Rocket turret
- Oil pump
- Cannon
- Refrigerator
- Air conditioner
- Fabricator

It was never fixed....

Trust me,it all has to do with clusters,this is where the issue is and they knew of this along side the other exploit.

How long ago was this?

Just now, TheSpirit said:

@SlipperySquid 

Thanks for getting this thread deleted. 

Dupes get wipes, rollbacks do nothing. If your point is that everyone can dupe so there is no problem then you are beyond any argument I can make. Dino dupe will couse a wipe, that is it. There is no question about it.

Hey you started it ya numpty by trying to call me out.

I hate this more then anyone If i combined my hours in ark and my hours watching ark(on twitch or youtube) i would of spent about 16-18 hours a day obsessing over ark. There are often times where i have played ark for 35-40 hours straight due to wars we were in.

The Devs of this game are clearly worse then Spinal Bone Cancer.

46 minutes ago, Cullis said:

Wipe is not the only real option.

All dinos have unique id. When duped, this gets duplicated.

They could simply wipe & ban all tribes where they have more than 2 dinos with non-unique id.

Why 2?

I'd say if they have a single dino with a duped ID then ban and wipe the entire tribe.

11 hours ago, Cullis said:

Wipe is not the only real option.

All dinos have unique id. When duped, this gets duplicated.

They could simply wipe & ban all tribes where they have more than 2 dinos with non-unique id.

Also what about all the duped gear that is still ongoing? The only real answer is a wipe.

The longer this goes on the more credibility Wildcard loses as a developer.

This game is calling ARK: SURVIVAL evolved. You are not supposed to have hundreds of dinos or bases across whole islands. People were living in their bubbles, where noone can hurt them and now when it was changed, they are crying. Maybe you are not supposed to be alpha, when you have only 5 players.

These big tribes are going to win anyway, even after wipe. They have more people, they can farm better and they will beat you again. Then you will cry for region lock or limit of players in tribe.

All of the alpha tribes, who were wiped by bigger tribe had rules and tried to control their server. Now they can see, what its living under bigger tribe. ;)

Archived