Primitive Plus 1.4 Patch Notes ETA 1/18

complexminded

I first read the patch notes scanning for any mention of limestone, because, well, limestone decays on server restart. Sigh. Then I read more slowly, saw the snap points fix, rejoiced, then got down to the part where you must pick up and replace every single item or it'll vanish in some future patch.

You already have the feedback about the effect that'll have on your players: bases are large; structures have things on top of them that will be destroyed; the time investment is huge. People with large bases are likely to have used tricks to put the pieces into correct places, so they won't need to pick them up & tweak them. Even worse, not everybody is going to read your patch notes. Some day in the future a player will log in to discover their structures have vanished. This is not going to make them happy.

The one-time pick-up & replace is great. A deadline for doing this-- any deadline-- is less great. The suggestion @Drynin629 made to scan & replace items with the new ones is what I'd do. If the items are still untouched by the time of the next patch, they're probably where people want them. Convert 'em and leave 'em.

PS: Stoked about the glass lumber items!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Fixed any issues with dino spawns

I assume that means actually having all the dinos that are supposed to be in the game currently AND fixing the group spawning of dinos right (Huge packs of Anky's, Direwolves, Allo's, etc)?

I don't even want to comment on the disaster that will be caused by the tearing down of non-replaced structures.  That is going to be a freaking nightmare.

I'm on Xbox if it matters regarding the "fixing spawns"

the new brick will have a different code to old brick, he is making the old ones so you can pick them up like you do the chair, you will have to go around and pick up and then resnap each wall 1 by 1 to change it to the new brick wall at which point the newly placed wall is not able to be picked up.

you have until the following patch to do this then old code ones will be deleted.

7 minutes ago, cfrostyscriv said:

the new brick will have a different code to old brick, he is making the old ones so you can pick them up like you do the chair, you will have to go around and pick up and then resnap each wall 1 by 1 to change it to the new brick wall at which point the newly placed wall is not able to be picked up.

you have until the following patch to do this then old code ones will be deleted.

So I have a wall 11 brick walls high.  Do I have to start with the one at the top?  If I pick up the one on the bottom does every item attached above it disappear just like it would if I destroyed said wall?

Can I pick up all 11 walls and then just put all 11 back down?  Can I only possess 1 wall at a time?

18 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

So I have a wall 11 brick walls high.  Do I have to start with the one at the top?  If I pick up the one on the bottom does every item attached above it disappear just like it would if I destroyed said wall?

Can I pick up all 11 walls and then just put all 11 back down?  Can I only possess 1 wall at a time?

it should not take long, lets wait and see..

But i would be very bad impressed if you could only hold one at the time..

The best would be if they weight Zero, so i could just take it all down and build a new base :D

not perfect cause i have more than one base, but..

Step 1: Announce a change that you know would be highly unliked by playerbase in next patch stating it was really the only option.

Step 2: Watch players get angry just as you wanted.

Step 3: Announce another month delay in the patch to "find a better option", making it seem like it's because of community outcry when in reality you weren't going to release yet anyway, you just needed an excuse and what better way than to make it look like you're listening to the community, right? Players are dumb and fall for this all the time so it will work! Trust MeTM That limestone bug needs more time to be fixed anyway!

3 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Step 1: Announce a change that you know would be highly unliked by playerbase in next patch stating it was really the only option.

Step 2: Watch players get angry just as you wanted.

Step 3: Announce another month delay in the patch to "find a better option", making it seem like it's because of community outcry when in reality you weren't going to release yet anyway, you just needed an excuse and what better way than to make it look like you're listening to the community, right? Players are dumb and fall for this all the time so it will work! Trust MeTM That limestone bug needs more time to be fixed anyway!

Citation Needed. 

You do realize that nothing will change until the next patch... No structures should vanish until the 1.5, if I understand correctly. 

Just now, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

WOOSH.

Oh I get it you thought 1.5 will come a week after 1.4... Or maybe 2 weeks. It'll take months as they always do. 

Adding new brick walls with correct snap points is the same as adding new item. All old walls have to go. I can't understand why people even built big bases on poop snap points. Of course they will get removed. Well at least you get to replace all walls for 0 resources.

9 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

Oh I get it you thought 1.5 will come a week after 1.4... Or maybe 2 weeks. It'll take months as they always do. 

Adding new brick walls with correct snap points is the same as adding new item. All old walls have to go. I can't understand why people even built big bases on poop snap points. Of course they will get removed. Well at least you get to replace all walls for 0 resources.

It's actually not the same at all in this case, because if they were just adding new walls the lower-tiered or "old" can be replaced simply and easily, generally avoiding the "obstructed" issue. With the current change, you will have to remove the old snap pointed wall and pray to god you don't get the obstructed message because the walls may have snapped too far over or something. Then there is the issue where if you just used, say, a new ceiling, the crop plot on that ceiling would be unaffected by just replacing the ceiling, which isn't the case here, because you're going to have to "pick up" the walls and ceiling, killing the crop + species X and now all your defenses are down.

And yeah, telling people just not to build for months was totally the option they could have decided to announce. "Just don't build for the next few months guys, we need to sort the snap points".

@Dost Thou Even Joust?
New walls will not go in the same place as walls with bad snap points. They will go straight and even. Sure there could be obstruction if you build so that only poop wall can be placed and not straight one. 
If you build correctly (by building a wood doorframe and replacing it with brick wall) the snap points are the same. By picking up the wall you make it the new kind of wall. 
You can build new walls from foundations and attach ceiling to them, the ceiling will be at the same level as old ceilings and plant will stay in spot after next update. I have ceilings that share 90% of the same area and they do not give obstructed message and keep things on top of them even when one is demolished. (that is only speculation though). Easiest solution for plant x on ceilings would be replace those ceilings with stone ones.

I thought it was common sense... "Don't build on poop snap points, you will have to rebuild" So I built small and waited. 

16 hours ago, complexminded said:

Hey all!  Sorry for the delay.  This patch was primarily meant to address some of the snap point issues that are preventing people from building. Although there is some new content in this patch, the next two patches will include all the content that is currently planned for Primitive+.  Be sure to keep those suggestions coming!  Any patch following the next two content releases will be solely for addressing issues and balancing the existing content.  I plan on posting a complete list of content to be expected soon!

• Re-Based from the latest ARK content (includes any non-item related updates. IE: Balance changes, bug fixes)
  • Added Tuso saddle engram
  • Added Therizino saddle engram
  • Added PachyRhino saddle engram
  • Added Megla saddle engram
  • Added Kapro saddle engram
  • Added Camera engram
  • Advanced Workbench - 25% reduction on all engrams crafted
  • Yurt - A tent-like structure that can be placed/picked up.  Also allows for placing some structures
  • Recurve Bow - Additional damage multiplier for all arrows; Reduced 'shake' when aiming.  Slightly faster arrows
  • Fixed snap points
    • Lumber: Your structures should be unaffected.  You are given a pickup option for old structures.  Upon picking them up, they exchange for the new versions with improved snap points.  Once placing the new structures, you will not have an option to pick them up.  This is the best compromise I could think of - as any other implementation would have affected existing structures.
    • Brick/Concrete: Same as above, except, concrete floors can't be picked up since the snap points were unchanged.
    • Additionally, be sure to update your spawn codes to the new structure items
    • IMPORTANT: The old items will be removed in the next patch to save overall space in the mod.  Be sure to replace by that time!
  • New structures for lumber tier -Glass Window, Glass Window frame, Glass Doorframe
  • Adjusted loot crate drops; should be improved and include the most recent Primitive+ content
  • Rebalanced custom arrows ( Obsi arrows do most damage; Feathered arrows are fastest medium damage; flaming arrows low damage)
  • Reorganized engram list to go in ascending level by order
  • Fixed any issues with dino spawns
  • New meshes for brick/concrete tier
  • Replaced/Improved Lumber Icons
  • Replaced/Improved Brick Icons
  • Rebalanced longbow in preparation for recurve bow addition
  • Fixed issue with the functionality in fish trap
  • Fixed issue where longbow could not be used with all arrows
  • Spoiling time increased for fish trap
  • Fish trap has a chance to drop prime fish meat (15%)
  • Increased spoiling time for malt
  • Doubled stack size for grapes
  • Increased spoiling time for sugar
  • Craft time for beer increased
  • Increased quantity of honey produced by worker bees
  • Increase rate of bee spawns
  • Decreased spoiling time of bread
  • Removed double spoiling for cooked poultry
  • Increased stack size of cabbage
  • Increased salt needed to make leather
  • Reduced crafting time for cement
  • Bonemeal is now the most effective fertilizer by far
  • Increased stamina consumption when using Viking ax
  • Modified damage multipliers for weapons
  • Fixed Chalico taming - now tames with Prim+ beer
  • Fixed destructible mesh for modular table

The game is messed up since the update now we have half a dozen dinos stuck on unbreakable tree's

2 hours ago, h1ns said:

hello ... so i have to replace every wall, cieling. staircase and fence foundation? what will happen to components above while replacing ?

15.jpg

I would not pick up components from the bottom. I would start from the top down. That's what I am planning on doing, just to avoid a crash and loss of resources.

--edit--
My question would be: Do we need to pick up and replace all existing structures, or can we leave them be? I understand that all old components will have different snap points than the new components (and will likely be incompatible), but if I have a finished structure that I don't need/want to alter, can I just leave it standing and it will be unaffected? Or are we encouraged to pick up and replace everything?

New walls will not go in the same place as walls with bad snap points. They will go straight and even. Sure there could be obstruction if you build so that only poop wall can be placed and not straight one.

If you build correctly (by building a wood doorframe and replacing it with brick wall) the snap points are the same. By picking up the wall you make it the new kind of wall.

You don't get it. You won't be able to get a new wall snapped into place correctly from the top down. You have to remove EVERYTHING below it first, which means everything on those walls/ceilings attached to those walls need to be removed. All the crops, all the storage, all the construction tables, forages, etc. EVERYTHING, ok? This means many people have to completely tear down to foundation layer, or maybe even more if built on pillars + ceiling for flat area which many people do.

"Oh hey guys, you should have used this obscure trick that we never announced officially as a work around so you wouldn't have to completely rebuild your entire base! Or, you know, just don't build for the next few months, or don't tame anything that can't fit above 2 walls and expect it to live" - lol You're a joke dude. The main issue here is they took so long to fix such a simple issue. I get Ced was out due to a family passing, but they could have spared someone to get a quick fix on the snap issue the moment it was noticed, which Ced was actually still around for/was made known before he left for a bit.

1 minute ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

You don't get it. You won't be able to get a new wall snapped into place correctly from the top down. You have to remove EVERYTHING below it first, which means everything on those walls/ceilings attached to those walls need to be removed. All the crops, all the storage, all the construction tables, forages, etc. EVERYTHING, ok? This means many people have to completely tear down to foundation layer, or maybe even more if built on pillars + ceiling for flat area which many people do.

"Oh hey guys, you should have used this obscure trick that we never announced officially as a work around so you wouldn't have to completely rebuild your entire base! Or, you know, just don't build for the next few months, or don't tame anything that can't fit above 2 walls and expect it to live" - lol You're a joke dude. The main issue here is they took so long to fix such a simple issue. I get Ced was out due to a family passing, but they could have spared someone to get a quick fix on the snap issue the moment it was noticed, which Ced was actually still around for/was made known before he left for a bit.

I guess you will lose everything. People who can think will not. 

32 minutes ago, TheSpirit said:

I guess you will lose everything. People who can think will not. 

Wrong, I used the thatch building trick so my snap points of my walls line up but that is a moot issue, you still have to replace them all with the new walls AND replace your ceiling tiles with new ones so that lovely safe or crop plot you have sitting on top of the tile IS GONE. And I did build mine properly so you will still have something that when you go to place the new wall down where the old one was, you may still get things that say obstructed because the collision calculations between walls and items are different.  Some things in ARK will only place down in a particular order, take something out and it will not go back in, period.

Why do you think we have had crickets since Ced posted this....he had real players tell them things they had not figured on is my guess, just a guess.  I hope I am totally wrong and everything is hunky dory but I doubt it so very much, from experience.

5 minutes ago, Drynin629 said:

Wrong, I used the thatch building trick so my snap points of my walls line up but that is a moot issue, you still have to replace them all with the new walls AND replace your ceiling tiles with new ones so that lovely safe or crop plot you have sitting on top of the tile IS GONE. And I did build mine properly so you will still have something that when you go to place the new wall down where the old one was, you may still get things that say obstructed because the collision calculations between walls and items are different.  Some things in ARK will only place down in a particular order, take something out and it will not go back in, period.

Why do you think we have had crickets since Ced posted this....he had real players tell them things they had not figured on is my guess, just a guess.  I hope I am totally wrong and everything is hunky dory but I doubt it so very much, from experience.

I agree, some items will make walls obstructed. 
i already gave examples how you can save your things placed on ceilings. And we will have time to figure out if they work until next patch. And find other ways if they don't. There is no other way to go about bad snap points, structures have to be deleted.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived