Primitive Plus 1.4 Patch Notes ETA 1/18

complexminded

• Wildcard Community

Hey all!  Sorry for the delay.  This patch was primarily meant to address some of the snap point issues that are preventing people from building. Although there is some new content in this patch, the next two patches will include all the content that is currently planned for Primitive+.  Be sure to keep those suggestions coming!  Any patch following the next two content releases will be solely for addressing issues and balancing the existing content.  I plan on posting a complete list of content to be expected soon!

• Re-Based from the latest ARK content (includes any non-item related updates. IE: Balance changes, bug fixes)
  • Added Tuso saddle engram
  • Added Therizino saddle engram
  • Added PachyRhino saddle engram
  • Added Megla saddle engram
  • Added Kapro saddle engram
  • Added Camera engram
  • Advanced Workbench - 25% reduction on all engrams crafted
  • Yurt - A tent-like structure that can be placed/picked up.  Also allows for placing some structures
  • Recurve Bow - Additional damage multiplier for all arrows; Reduced 'shake' when aiming.  Slightly faster arrows
  • Fixed snap points
    • Lumber: Your structures should be unaffected.  You are given a pickup option for old structures.  Upon picking them up, they exchange for the new versions with improved snap points.  Once placing the new structures, you will not have an option to pick them up.  This is the best compromise I could think of - as any other implementation would have affected existing structures.
    • Brick/Concrete: Same as above, except, concrete floors can't be picked up since the snap points were unchanged.
    • Additionally, be sure to update your spawn codes to the new structure items
    • IMPORTANT: The old items will be removed in the next patch to save overall space in the mod.  Be sure to replace by that time!
  • New structures for lumber tier -Glass Window, Glass Window frame, Glass Doorframe
  • Adjusted loot crate drops; should be improved and include the most recent Primitive+ content
  • Rebalanced custom arrows ( Obsi arrows do most damage; Feathered arrows are fastest medium damage; flaming arrows low damage)
  • Reorganized engram list to go in ascending level by order
  • Fixed any issues with dino spawns
  • New meshes for brick/concrete tier
  • Replaced/Improved Lumber Icons
  • Replaced/Improved Brick Icons
  • Rebalanced longbow in preparation for recurve bow addition
  • Fixed issue with the functionality in fish trap
  • Fixed issue where longbow could not be used with all arrows
  • Spoiling time increased for fish trap
  • Fish trap has a chance to drop prime fish meat (15%)
  • Increased spoiling time for malt
  • Doubled stack size for grapes
  • Increased spoiling time for sugar
  • Craft time for beer increased
  • Increased quantity of honey produced by worker bees
  • Increase rate of bee spawns
  • Decreased spoiling time of bread
  • Removed double spoiling for cooked poultry
  • Increased stack size of cabbage
  • Increased salt needed to make leather
  • Reduced crafting time for cement
  • Bonemeal is now the most effective fertilizer by far
  • Increased stamina consumption when using Viking ax
  • Modified damage multipliers for weapons
  • Fixed Chalico taming - now tames with Prim+ beer
  • Fixed destructible mesh for modular table

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMPORTANT: The old items will be removed in the next patch to save overall space in the mod.  Be sure to replace by that time ??? more infomation needed do u mean if i dont pick up my base and put it down again i lose everything ? are base is so big i could never take it all down put it all back wid all the xplants we have around it would be crazy more info plz

5 minutes ago, gareth12345 said:

IMPORTANT: The old items will be removed in the next patch to save overall space in the mod.  Be sure to replace by that time ??? more infomation needed do u mean if i dont pick up my base and put it down again i lose everything ?

This really needs to be clarified, we built our entire base over the last month.  Over 3,000 brick walls placed with the thatch wall method so it lines up right.  You mean to tell me if we don't pick up and replace each of these brick walls they will disappear on the following patch.....are you crazy?????????

So does this mean that the Mega will spawn in Primitive Plus now? I couldn't find one for the life of me and @evilmrfrank said that he'd added them. Cleared out the Jungle South cave over and over and still no Mega in sight. Ayy, now all we need is some compatibility with Scorched Earth and I think we'd be in a good place. That is, if everything works as stated.  

I think we are not going to have to REMOVE the structures. It sounds like we will be replacing them with the new structures. At least, I hope that is what Cedric meant.

Quote:  Lumber: Your structures should be unaffected.  You are given a pickup option for old structures.  Upon picking them up, they exchange for the new versions with improved snap points.

Some clarification on the old items being removed would be nice.I built on pillars + ceiling, do I need to remove all the pillars and ceiling (basically my entire foundation) with everything above it too? 

If only this was nipped in the bud a long time ago instead of how many months of players building.....? :Jerbmad:

This is what the deal sounds like.  IF you stuck it out for the past 3 MONTHS and continued to suffer through this INEPT Mod.  Your about to loose every base with every item within them.  But wait they are going to give you 10 days before they completely delete every single wall that is not build to their NEW standard.  Forget about limestone decaying on every restart. Forget about asking for 3 MONTHS to fix this poop.  Forget about everything.  and the best part..  They are not gonna tell you poop even after the patch is implemented.  Win for them.. They have our money.  Bend over guys and gals cause here it comes.

I like the update but what the actual flying &*(%# we have to replace all walls ?
I got 5 bases and overall more than 12k walls. Are you freaking kidding me ? 

What about everything that is attached ? My defenses will be down and trolls get to do whatever they want.

If we end up having to replace it or get it wiped i and i imagen many other will leave ark.

Isnt there any other option O_o

Well, since my previous post was deleted without my knowledge because I ran afoul of the posting rules, I am going to try to reproduce what I said earlier without violating any rules.....here goes...

In the past month my wife and I placed a base of over 3,000 brick walls, 1,500 concrete ceiling pieces and many hundreds of concrete pillars that run through those brick walls and through the concrete ceiling pieces.  We used the method of build your walls up as you go with thatch and then replace each piece below that level one by one from the bottom up with brick walls so they line up perfectly. We have multiple floors and of course huge roofs.  So now you say we will need to go through our entire base and "pickup" each brick wall and each concrete ceiling piece, the system will then give us a replacement of the new version of those, then we snap it in place of the old piece....am I understanding this correctly?

This is a huge, huge problem.  Any items attached to those pieces are going to get lost with this process; If a wall has wall torches on them, gone; if a wall has beds or stone staircase or safes or smithy or smokehouse near it, the replacement may say OBSTRUCTED; if a concrete ceiling piece, which also serves as a 2nd or 3rd or 4th floor has any item on it, that item is gone so now we have to move everything out of these while we rebuild our bases; on our roofs where we have tons of large crop plots with plant spieces X since we are on a PvP official server, gone, now we are temporarily defenseless.  There are places in my base I will not be able to get to UNDER the "foundation" so-to-speak without major rip up of the whole structure not to mention people that build on sloped surfaces.

I think you need to seriously reconsider this whole replace every piece strategy you have come up with or you will lose some other players that just won't take the time to redo their whole base.  Perhaps what you should do when you have the next patch ready that is going to remove the old pieces, have it run through the files and simple replace each placed piece with the new one, it would be connected exactly where the old one was.  This is far better then simple making the old pieces go POOF.  For those of us that have our walls and ceilings placed correctly now, we would still be good.  For those that have messed up walls, well, they still would but they wouldn't be without a base.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think through this @complexminded

2 hours ago, Ghault said:

This is what the deal sounds like.  IF you stuck it out for the past 3 MONTHS and continued to suffer through this INEPT Mod.  Your about to loose every base with every item within them.  But wait they are going to give you 10 days before they completely delete every single wall that is not build to their NEW standard.  Forget about limestone decaying on every restart. Forget about asking for 3 MONTHS to fix this poop.  Forget about everything.  and the best part..  They are not gonna tell you poop even after the patch is implemented.  Win for them.. They have our money.  Bend over guys and gals cause here it comes.

Well, RIP all the work we put in making our walls straight. Your guys bases are huge, even if you just have to pick up and put the walls back that is an insane amount of time/work. What happens if you miss a wall or have honeycomb walls with pillars? Going back through my tribes layered walls is already giving me a headache.

Still hoping for an update. I'm going to assume that if you CAN pick up the item, that item is going to be replaced so you will need to pick it up and place again. Kind bummed if we have to pick up everything from the top all the way to foundation level if build on pillars + ceiling....this is early access though I guess and can't really be that mad. Still just wish these types of things that will cause such issues further are fixed a bit sooner.

• Jen unpinned this topic

Archived