Do Enduro Stews increase melee damage?

TedyBearOfDeath

First off I want to point out I am playing on an xbox player dedicated server(PVE) since things can be slightly different on the xbox version. I've made myself some enduro stews for the first time to use on myself and my dinos. and from what ive read it is supposed to give you a 35% damage increase. We have floating damage text turned on and I notice no difference in the damage output. I tried it on myself hoping it would be great for cave diving with my ascendant sword but I still do 518 damage with or without the stew. I tried it on my giga and it still does 1400 with or without the stew. The health regen does seem to be working on myself atleast. So am I mistaken in believing that enduro stews are supposed to increase damage? Or could it be something like it doesn't work on PVE or Xbox? Just to clarify mate boost and imprint rider bonus are calculated into the floating damage text so I don't see why the stews buff wouldn't.

@Jostabeere ark.gamepedia.com The page on recipes says it does but the page on enduro stew only mentions the health regen. I figured if they took it out some one would have mentioned it on the notes section of the enduro stew page but oh well. Also the ingame description says "Consume it to deal increased melee damage, and gain extra stamina regen" Guess both of those are wrong... So does it give any buffs other than health regen?

Yeah that's when the reduced the stacked buffs but when did they completely remove the damage buff? and why haven't they changed the in game description?

here's the actual patch note for that

Battle Tartare & Enduro Stew can no longer be stacked (one cancels the other). Battle Tartare damage buff reduced to +60%, Enduro Stew damage buff reduced to +35%

It appears the wiki is inaccurate again. So, someone edited it to reflect correctly. I'm slightly irritated by this. We have a stack of 90 of them in our fridge for the sole purpose of damage increase for fighting titanos and Alphas. This puts a new wrinkle in what we have been doing and the results gotten. We have been making and using them under false pretenses. Darn you  WC!! You and your sneaky ninja nerfs!! You announce the no more stacking part, and then remove the damage modifier and say nothing!! You weren't happy just taking the stack ability away! I may create a thread on General and whine about this. No I won't. We got a bronto to feed. Welp, maybe I'll try to foist them off on some noob for a few hundred ingots. He'll think he's unstoppable in single combat, and carry them all on him and get killed by the first Level 5 Alpha Raptor he sees.

• 1 month later...

Just as an FYI, Enduro stews are supposed to be increasing melee damage - but due to a bug that has existed more than a year now, they do not.
The same is also true for Battle Tartare - it increases your damage resistance, but not melee damage.

In it's current state the only consumable that correctly increases melee damage is Beer (40%, tested), which is crap.

No idea when they actually stopped working but it was around the time of Beer's release that I first noticed that they do not increase melee damage as per their in-game descriptions as I was testing how viable Beer was compared to them. They definitely used to increase melee damage as I have used them to boost melee damage in the past - way back when you could still stack Battle Tartare and Enduro Stew, and even after the patch that stopped them from stacking they were still working correctly.

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2017 at 11:14 AM, Dracul said:

If it means that much to you I can go cook some up and test it but sense you have some on hand. Walk up to one of your tougher dinos, pull the saddle off, kung fu punch it like its a tree and check how much damage you did, heal it up, drink stew, bruce lee it again, check dino health.

I dunno man. If you Bruce lee your dino it might die.

It's a tough call if you can get away with Chuck Norissing your dinos. Bruce Lee did not once but twice rip off Chuck Norris' chest hair. Like Samson's locks that is the source of Chuck's power.

It is said even after the bald pec syndrome the whit of Chuck is enough to tame a wild Lipleurodon for 31 minutes.

Who knows how powerful he was before the sudden onset of baldness of the pectorals caused by a Bruce Lee to the chest.

And Bruce Lee wasn't even aiming for the chest. He meant to rip off Chuck's face.

Archived