Best color mutation

rossy1970

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/22/2017 at 10:55 AM, TotallyUncool said:

Some more mutations that I've gotten lately.

Didn't keep this one as he had no stat mutations and since he was a male:

Up9U4ia.jpg

Would've kept this guy if he hadn't gotten a mutation in the wrong stats (i.e. he got the lower stat and a mutation in that one), kind of liked the bright red Mohawk:

jCahQiX.jpg

And yet another anky (I'm breeding them atm, what can I say), this guy got a second mutation in oxygen so he's the new stud eventhough I nicknamed him the green monstrosity:

OvpssmB.jpg

I can't keep the ones I don't like as we're on a private server and nobody else wants them, so no trading for me.

The level of detail in these pics is incredible.  Is it safe to assume you play PC?

17 minutes ago, CeaselessFish said:

First Argent i ever bred (official server) came out like this.

was so impressed.

download1.jpg

This is still my fav ive seen posted.  I plan to start breeding Argies soon and only hope to get something like this.  Im just about done breeding Allos.  I actually bred more Allos than anything to date and had fewer color mutations than I had with Rex's and raptors.  

On 1/20/2017 at 6:13 PM, Gishwhes said:

I agree with the above, please don't kill your unwanted color mutations. Others will buy them and it can really REALLY make their day to get a new color mutation in their collection of dinosaurs. :) I'll be selling or trading many of the mutations my tribe and I have managed to breed as soon as I gain access to the trading section of the forums.

Here are some of my favorites. These were from a group effort in a tribe of 4, so I can't take full credit for any of them! 

fkT9ihf.jpg
She looks white but she's a really pale gray. Next to a white rex she is much darker in color.

JS2w3E1.jpg
The red and green are mutations. The feathers are normal.

hJOrMQI.jpg
Purple belly mutation. The tan body and the pink feathers are from the dad who has no mutations.

5KEhYzU.jpg
Powder blue belly and stormy gray back are mutations. His feathers are normal.

VzTE40Q.jpg
Bloody Mary, my favorite rex! The stripe on her back is bright yellow.

PaQIOHI.jpg

I love color mutations and have many more I could share but I have already flooded the board. :) Sorry about that!  I just love seeing what others have and sharing what we have gotten.

Bloody Mary!!! What were the parents?  Did one have a black base and get the red mutation and then the gold?  That color combo is awesome!  Mine now pale in comparison to this!  I would trade my blue/purple/turquoise rexs for this color combo any day. 

6 hours ago, Savage220 said:

Bloody Mary!!! What were the parents?  Did one have a black base and get the red mutation and then the gold?  That color combo is awesome!  Mine now pale in comparison to this!  I would trade my blue/purple/turquoise rexs for this color combo any day. 

I'll get some shots of the parents when I next log in. The dark blackish red pattern on the back was from the dad, the bright red underbelly was from the mom and was a mutation as she was white body and black spine. The yellow spine on Bloody Mary was completely random on her alone. We started calling her Kechup and Mustard, but she needed a much better name so Bloody Mary was it. lol

If any color region is different from the parents then it's considered a mutations. Sometimes a mutation may not occur every time. I have 2 aaber cats that I bred twice with no color mutations, but the third and fourth time there was. Also it's important to note if the color mutation was maternal or paternal. I'm not quite sure if inbreeding has anything to do with mutations as someone else has suggested.

On 01/21/2017 at 10:12 AM, Jostabeere said:

So mutations can be normal colours or bright neon colours? I thought you only get bright unusual colours as mutations.

2 hours ago, ArkSlenderMan said:

If any color region is different from the parents then it's considered a mutations. Sometimes a mutation may not occur every time. I have 2 aaber cats that I bred twice with no color mutations, but the third and fourth time there was. Also it's important to note if the color mutation was maternal or paternal. I'm not quite sure if inbreeding has anything to do with mutations as someone else has suggested.

Depends on whether you mean an "official" mutation or an "unofficial" one. Since breeding was first introduced, you had a small chance of getting a baby with a different color than either parent. It would be the natural color of another dino of the species. For example, I bred many pteras and would sometimes get a kid with orange wings, purple wings, etc when the parents had white and tan wings. If a color change is not a documented mutation in the lineage, it's just that tiny chance the kid had of being different.

On 1/24/2017 at 9:55 PM, HannahBelLecterr said:

I had a baby pteranodon that was white with neon yellow wings, 60% imprint with 370 melee. Went out to gather supplys and a troll broke in and killed it and the parents before my plants had time to mature.. ?

Why are you breeding if you can't even defend your base? Breeding at least for me is more of an end game thing

@ArkSlenderMan getting a colour mutations is as rare as getting twins or triplets its like 1-2% chance i believe.Best thing to do is keep any females you hatch and just mass breed. Also keep an eye on stats cause you can get mutated stats as well. I noticed my ptera was 2 lvl's higher than my other ones turns out it got mutated melee...

Archived