Best color mutation

rossy1970

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, thebroomster said:

just asking a random question, i'm not asking to trade or anything, but does anyone have any mutated wyverns? is that even possible? thanks in advance

i hope to be here when the downvote feedback is added. even if it's a year from now, i'll remember this post of yours and come back to give it my honest opinion.

7 hours ago, thebroomster said:

just asking a random question, i'm not asking to trade or anything, but does anyone have any mutated wyverns? is that even possible? thanks in advance

Mutations only come from breeding, and as of now wyverns cannot be bred on official servers. They can only be hatched from eggs found in the wild. So no, wyverns cannot come in mutated colours on official servers. Private servers is a whole 'nother ballgame though.

Having said that, their natural colour palette is pretty large so you may occasionally see a wyvern that looks like a mutation, but is just a rare normal colour. The ones that come to mind first are the dark grey/black and the mostly-white fire wyverns, as well as the mostly white or diluted-looking poison wyverns. 

6 hours ago, Kallor said:

When breeding an already mutated colour dino, does it colours transfer normally like 50:50 or does it appear to have a higher rate of being past on than normal?

Colours passing down is not 100%, even if both parents show the same mutation - I have ankylo to back this claim up. While the chance is much much higher, its not definitely guaranteed. If only one dino shows the mutation, then its about a 50/50 chance to pass down. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't - and you can also get twins from the same egg showing different colour mutations as well. 

Some more mutations that I've gotten lately.

Didn't keep this one as he had no stat mutations and since he was a male:

Up9U4ia.jpg

Would've kept this guy if he hadn't gotten a mutation in the wrong stats (i.e. he got the lower stat and a mutation in that one), kind of liked the bright red Mohawk:

jCahQiX.jpg

And yet another anky (I'm breeding them atm, what can I say), this guy got a second mutation in oxygen so he's the new stud eventhough I nicknamed him the green monstrosity:

OvpssmB.jpg

I can't keep the ones I don't like as we're on a private server and nobody else wants them, so no trading for me.

13 hours ago, Scotty8319 said:

Mutations only come from breeding, and as of now wyverns cannot be bred on official servers. They can only be hatched from eggs found in the wild. So no, wyverns cannot come in mutated colours on official servers. Private servers is a whole 'nother ballgame though.

Having said that, their natural colour palette is pretty large so you may occasionally see a wyvern that looks like a mutation, but is just a rare normal colour. The ones that come to mind first are the dark grey/black and the mostly-white fire wyverns, as well as the mostly white or diluted-looking poison wyverns. 

ok thanks for letting me know

On 1/21/2017 at 9:12 AM, Jostabeere said:

So mutations can be normal colours or bright neon colours? I thought you only get bright unusual colours as mutations.

It will show in the ancestry list if a mutation has occurred. I have been breeding turtles and have gotten new colors but no mutation and I have also gotten real color mutations (Two of my turtles always look bloody with green spots on their shell and body).

On 1/22/2017 at 1:14 AM, rossy1970 said:

Unfortunately i cannot upload a stupid screenshot im assuming its cause i am new to the forums so it wont let me load it. But as soon as I figure it out ill upload the ptera and other mutations i have gotten. 

Keep em coming tho guys its awesome to see all these mutations and screenshots.

You should be able to upload a photo to imgur.com and then link directly from there using the "Insert image from URL" option in the lower right hand side of the message reply area.  I'm new to the forums as well but had no problems uploading that way. :)

Archived