Best color mutation

rossy1970

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since I'm no fan of the neon colours that seem to be the most common, I've only kept one mutation so far and it's my smurf anky (I'm hoping to get a black mutation or something as I think it would match the blue quite nicely):

qvteYjl.jpg

This baby anky died almost immediately (disliked the colour and he got a mutation in the wrong stat):

yMwijhD.jpg

38 minutes ago, TotallyUncool said:

Well, since I'm no fan of the neon colours that seem to be the most common, I've only kept one mutation so far and it's my smurf anky (I'm hoping to get a black mutation or something as I think it would match the blue quite nicely):

qvteYjl.jpg

If only he would stay that small so you could name him Legosaurus.

49 minutes ago, Zephir1449 said:

Totally doesn't look painted. How is he an adult already?

This was not on an official server. I was just toying around on a non dedicated with the mating rate and mature rate up. I wasn't sure what mutations were but then I came home to that guy. It occurs from inbreeding. Also, you can't paint half of a Dino xD

3 hours ago, K1TTYF1SH said:

This was not on an official server. I was just toying around on a non dedicated with the mating rate and mature rate up. I wasn't sure what mutations were but then I came home to that guy. It occurs from inbreeding. Also, you can't paint half of a Dino xD

You can paint dinos with admin commands.

13 hours ago, TotallyUncool said:

qvteYjl.jpg

This baby anky died almost immediately (disliked the colour and he got a mutation in the wrong stat):

yMwijhD.jpg

Im not a fan of the neon colors either for the most part which is why I premised mine with saying they were unique but not best.  I also prefer darker colors and hope to get more slate or black colored allo's.  My fav is still the Red and grey allow of all the ones I have hatched so far. I am working on Allos again with hopes of getting some cool mutations.  

I agree with the above, please don't kill your unwanted color mutations. Others will buy them and it can really REALLY make their day to get a new color mutation in their collection of dinosaurs. :) I'll be selling or trading many of the mutations my tribe and I have managed to breed as soon as I gain access to the trading section of the forums.

Here are some of my favorites. These were from a group effort in a tribe of 4, so I can't take full credit for any of them! 

fkT9ihf.jpg
She looks white but she's a really pale gray. Next to a white rex she is much darker in color.

JS2w3E1.jpg
The red and green are mutations. The feathers are normal.

hJOrMQI.jpg
Purple belly mutation. The tan body and the pink feathers are from the dad who has no mutations.

5KEhYzU.jpg
Powder blue belly and stormy gray back are mutations. His feathers are normal.

VzTE40Q.jpg
Bloody Mary, my favorite rex! The stripe on her back is bright yellow.

PaQIOHI.jpg

I love color mutations and have many more I could share but I have already flooded the board. :) Sorry about that!  I just love seeing what others have and sharing what we have gotten.

7 minutes ago, MTek9 said:

Can someone link me to a page where I can learn how to mutate dinos? This is awesome

http://ark.gamepedia.com/Mutations  has some limited information on mutations. They come through breeding, most people get them from inbreeding a father to a daughter, or a mother to a son for example. But they can also come from a pair that has no relation. It can be either colors or stats, and currently there are no negatives so if you get a stat mutation it will be a boost to that stat for now. Later on negative mutations will be added.

Colors can be anything. There are something like 50 different colors that can end up on a dinosaurs mutation. Here is a page that shows the possible colors: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Color_IDs

Each dinosaur has up to 6 different color regions, and in theory can have a different color in each region. We've only ended up with 3 color mutations on the same dino so far, but we're still trying for more!

Archived