Baby's Level from Parents

ImThatAshhole

If a baby inherets low stats from the parents its lower level, if it gets the high level stats its a higher level, if it inherits some high level and some low level it is a middle level. For example i have two allo i breed, their babies pop out from anywhere from 161 (high) to 135 (low). So the better the stats it inherits, the better the level it will be.

58 minutes ago, GobboKirk said:

May be a bit too... complex for the average mind.  To the unwashed, the baby's level is the sum of the level ups it obtains from its parents.  By way of example, if both parents were level 2 and one parent had the 1 wild level stat boost in health and the other had the 1 wild level stat boost in weight AND the baby inhereted both of those boosted stats, the baby would be level 3 despite both of its parents being level 2.  In sum, the level of the baby is the sum of all of the levelled up wild stats it inherets from its parents, plus 1, since all animals start at level 1 and gain no boosts for that level.

1 hour ago, ImThatAshhole said:

How does the baby get its level? Like what decides whether the baby will be higher or lower? Like I have gotten babies that are only two levels off the levels of their parents, but I have gotten some that are like 30+ levels under. Why is this?

I literally anwsered this question on your other post a few hours ago.... I even included a picture lol

Yes there is a wiki that goes into extreme detail but the gist of it is when you breed two dinos with diff stats the baby has a % chance to get the higher of those stats.  So if the Mom has high hp and stam and the dad has high melee and weight then the baby has a chance to be born with high hp/stam/weight/melee which would mean its lv is higher than both the parents.  You can continue to breed animals with different stats and keep babies that gain the highest of those to keep getting higher lv babies.  Also now with mutations there is a chance that a stat can get mutated to gain or possibly lose numbers.  I have yet to see a baby lose stats but I have had multiple babies gain stats.  I have had rex's (im currently breeding) gain both food and melee dmg.  I had an Allo who got a color and stam mutation.  So it really is a gamble and it takes a lot of breeding to get the higher lv babies you want.

3 hours ago, Brayn said:

May be a bit too... complex for the average mind.  To the unwashed, the baby's level is the sum of the level ups it obtains from its parents.  By way of example, if both parents were level 2 and one parent had the 1 wild level stat boost in health and the other had the 1 wild level stat boost in weight AND the baby inhereted both of those boosted stats, the baby would be level 3 despite both of its parents being level 2.  In sum, the level of the baby is the sum of all of the levelled up wild stats it inherets from its parents, plus 1, since all animals start at level 1 and gain no boosts for that level.

Trust me, I skipped the math part myself :D

6 hours ago, ImThatAshhole said:

How does the baby get its level? Like what decides whether the baby will be higher or lower? Like I have gotten babies that are only two levels off the levels of their parents, but I have gotten some that are like 30+ levels under. Why is this?

K̶o̶r̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶R̶P̶G̶ ̶C̶o̶p̶y̶c̶a̶t̶ ̶F̶a̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶D̶i̶f̶f̶i̶c̶u̶l̶t̶y̶ ̶G̶a̶r̶b̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶M̶e̶c̶h̶a̶n̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶i̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶l̶y̶

Oops! I didn't say that.

It's well, you know when couples have babies that grow up to be less attractive or less athletic than other people's kids, despite, sometimes, their siblings coming out without illnesses or shortcomings? It's like that.

Sometimes your baby comes out as...a nerd! instead of as the great pinnacle of power and skill as the parents.

Basically they're simulating real life parenting by introducing "Weak" offspring.

12 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

K̶o̶r̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶R̶P̶G̶ ̶C̶o̶p̶y̶c̶a̶t̶ ̶F̶a̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶D̶i̶f̶f̶i̶c̶u̶l̶t̶y̶ ̶G̶a̶r̶b̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶M̶e̶c̶h̶a̶n̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶i̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶l̶y̶

Oops! I didn't say that.

It's well, you know when couples have babies that grow up to be less attractive or less athletic than other people's kids, despite, sometimes, their siblings coming out without illnesses or shortcomings? It's like that.

Sometimes your baby comes out as...a nerd! instead of as the great pinnacle of power and skill as the parents.

Basically they're simulating real life parenting by introducing "Weak" offspring.

Interesting, being a nerd makes you weak.

Archived