Breeding

ImThatAshhole

Yes there is a wiki that goes into extreme detail but the gist of it is when you breed two dinos with diff stats the baby has a % chance to get the higher of those stats.  So if the Mom has high hp and stam and the dad has high melee and weight then the baby has a chance to be born with high hp/stam/weight/melee which would mean its lv is higher than both the parents.  You can continue to breed animals with different stats and keep babies that gain the highest of those to keep getting higher lv babies.  Also now with mutations there is a chance that a stat can get mutated to gain or possibly lose numbers.  I have yet to see a baby lose stats but I have had multiple babies gain stats.  I have had rex's (im currently breeding) gain both food and melee dmg.  I had an Allo who got a color and stam mutation.  So it really is a gamble and it takes a lot of breeding to get the higher lv babies you want.

If you take a look at this pic it contains some of my raptors.  I was breeding for the blue color (a mutation I gained after about 25 babies) in addition to getting the best stats.  I dont upgrade anything because the best way to know what the baby will have is to have the base stats still intact.  So you can see how the lvs range from the low 200's all the way to 212 which so far is the highest baby I have hatched.  I can retrieve its family tree when I get home to show this but its parents were likely the 208 to 210 and it got the better stats and came out 212.

blue%20army.png

Archived