Taming with a tusoteuthis!?

Toonsatan

I tried with different results. Plesios, Mosas low levels (20-60) successfuly. Giving one shoot (i don´t know the word in english, but with the left button when it´s grabbed) every time the music stops. health decrease to 25% when torpor is ready for tame. Unfortunately two attempts with high lvl mosas 132-174, i kill both before torpor is ok. I´m still working on it

48 minutes ago, Daltongil said:

I tried with different results. Plesios, Mosas low levels (20-60) successfuly. Giving one shoot (i don´t know the word in english, but with the left button when it´s grabbed) every time the music stops. health decrease to 25% when torpor is ready for tame. Unfortunately two attempts with high lvl mosas 132-174, i kill both before torpor is ok. I´m still working on it

Seems like you got the timing down for the lower levels at least. 25% of health is a lot for a low level though. I guess if you're just going for a back up tame that works. If you do manage to knock out a high level one let me know. Tuso's are pretty much the only mobile tamer in the ocean at this point. 

Run my own server so have grab enabled on PVE.

Been able to knockout everything, but it takes time. Just grab and wait.... No need to use the left attack button.
The only problem I've had is that you can't dismount because then the target is set free, so if you're attacked by anything else then you have to let go of the target and kill them, then grab the target again. Anglers are especially annoying here.....

17 minutes ago, Layton said:

Yes please. Do tell.I grabbed a level 20 mosa and held it with our squid. It just sat there. Two minutes later, I got bored, let it go, and killed it. I could not tell if I was inflicting torpor or not, and no tribemates wanted to swim into the mess of arms and mosa teeth with a magnifying glass to check.

haha i wonder why?  But next time you wanna check, you let me know.  I'll swim into that.

49 minutes ago, Layton said:

Yes please. Do tell.I grabbed a level 20 mosa and held it with our squid. It just sat there. Two minutes later, I got bored, let it go, and killed it. I could not tell if I was inflicting torpor or not, and no tribemates wanted to swim into the mess of arms and mosa teeth with a magnifying glass to check.

A Tuso's grab, without using its melee, always inflict torpor, albeit a slow rate. A friend asked me to knock out a spino with my squid, so I grabbed a level 40 and held it over land. After 3 minute it was knocked out and I checked the torpor, it was 2876. After tame I grabbed it again and let go and checked the torpor. It seems that the tuso inflicts 6 points of torpor a second and gradually builds up, a mosa has ridiculous torpor level, so knocking out a high level mosa which have torpor from 20-28k, you would need to sit there for half an hour at best holding it, so grab a scuba gear, you'll be down there for a while.

1 hour ago, Bane191 said:

A Tuso's grab, without using its melee, always inflict torpor, albeit a slow rate. A friend asked me to knock out a spino with my squid, so I grabbed a level 40 and held it over land. After 3 minute it was knocked out and I checked the torpor, it was 2876. After tame I grabbed it again and let go and checked the torpor. It seems that the tuso inflicts 6 points of torpor a second and gradually builds up, a mosa has ridiculous torpor level, so knocking out a high level mosa which have torpor from 20-28k, you would need to sit there for half an hour at best holding it, so grab a scuba gear, you'll be down there for a while.

Fantastic, thank you for the info.  Though at that rate, you might need a couple tanks...

Was the spino saddled? Or does the tuso inflict torpor ignoring the saddle armor? Cause I have the crossbow tranking method down for mosa. This would make an interesting way to KO a mosa.

Went after a 135 mossasaur with my tuso to tame. Took 45 minute to knock it out within my tentacles, the mossa had 27858 torpor, but I was able to drag it from the ocean floor and knock it out near the safety of the surface of the ocean by my base, so I was able to safely feed it it and kept it under with bio toxins since one toxin is worth 2 narcs. A 150 mossa will likely be a 50-55 minute knock out with a tuso.

1 hour ago, Bane191 said:

Went after a 135 mossasaur with my tuso to tame. Took 45 minute to knock it out within my tentacles, the mossa had 27858 torpor, but I was able to drag it from the ocean floor and knock it out near the safety of the surface of the ocean by my base, so I was able to safely feed it it and kept it under with bio toxins since one toxin is worth 2 narcs. A 150 mossa will likely be a 50-55 minute knock out with a tuso.

Well, that's saved me wasting 45 minutes!  No way will I be doing that just to KO it and THEN spend time Taming it.  :D

10 hours ago, Coggage said:

Well, that's saved me wasting 45 minutes!  No way will I be doing that just to KO it and THEN spend time Taming it.  :D

Glad I could help since people seem to be unsure how long it actually takes to KO a high level mossa with a tuso. It was a brutal wait, glad I was in a party of pals to chat with as time passed. Be quicker to go for it with a ascendant crossbow and stay on its tail, but this method guarantees safety and the comfort of being by your base. You could always grab a Mossa and have your friends tranq it out from the surface, after all, that mossa ain't moving while in your tentacles.

Dragged a level 70 mosa into the shallows to test. I let him go. Mosa sat still because he was to high up to move. So, drag the mosa to shallow water and trank normally to ensure safety. It won't even fight back. We were laughing.

Weare also taming numerous 145 dinos simultaneously. Our tuso, Rick Astley, got a lot of use today.

Archived