Therizinosaurus is too common and too feisty

ThesaurusRex

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mleii said:

For sure, and it's even worse on Xbox on the Center map as we cannot make the kibble due to the Meglo not being there. :(

Crop and berries are ok as well, but need more time and narcotics. IMHO - if you have time to tame Meglo, wait for eggs - you can make enough amount of narcs and tame with crop (3x on weekends make it much easier)

Just now, eshkel said:

Crop and berries are ok as well, but need more time and narcotics. IMHO - if you have time to tame Meglo, wait for eggs - you can make enough amount of narcs and tame with crop (3x on weekends make it much easier)

Yeah, except it's 4x longer, at least when I looked, so less than an hour with kibble and 4 hours without kibble and a crapload of narcos.  At least for the 145 I wanted to tame.  Oh and I think our taming is 3x there.  I don't need a perfect tame, I just wanted a quicker tame.  LOL

I've got eggs for kibble for the Meglo, just need them to show up. :) 

5 minutes ago, mleii said:

Yeah, except it's 4x longer, at least when I looked, so less than an hour with kibble and 4 hours without kibble and a crapload of narcos.  At least for the 145 I wanted to tame.  Oh and I think our taming is 3x there.  I don't need a perfect tame, I just wanted a quicker tame.  LOL

I've got eggs for kibble for the Meglo, just need them to show up. :) 

Almost right if you are going to tame a lot of them, but if you going to tame only one or two - I mean you need go to cave, tame Meglo (prefer one male and at least couple of females), wait until they lay needed amount of eggs (you need 13-20) - time to collect them will be more than 3,3 hours.  So IMHO then final goal is tame the theri (and Meglo is just for kibbles) the taming with crops not looks so horribly (and total taming time finally not too different). Of course with kibbles you can make time breaks and for crops taming you need 3.5 hours at once (it's more comfortable). 

25 minutes ago, eshkel said:

Almost right if you are going to tame a lot of them, but if you going to tame only one or two - I mean you need go to cave, tame Meglo (prefer one male and at least couple of females), wait until they lay needed amount of eggs (you need 13-20) - time to collect them will be more than 3,3 hours.  So IMHO then final goal is tame the theri (and Meglo is just for kibbles) the taming with crops not looks so horribly (and total taming time finally not too different). Of course with kibbles you can make time breaks and for crops taming you need 3.5 hours at once (it's more comfortable). 

Good point, I should have said I want to get a Megalo as well. :D  Was saving up for the kibble thinking we'd get it with the last update.

Though now my saving has been taken away due to an honest mistake by an admin, so I need to rethink my future plans on the server.

My friends and i tamed a 10 with great issue, since we werent quite prepared for not so friendly edward scissor hands....wasnt hard to knock out but that torpor for a 3 hour tame is crazy

Whats worse was that we knocked it out in a pegomastax spawn...the little buggers kept stealing the narcotics

1 hour ago, PsychicShark101 said:

My friends and i tamed a 10 with great issue, since we werent quite prepared for not so friendly edward scissor hands....wasnt hard to knock out but that torpor for a 3 hour tame is crazy

Whats worse was that we knocked it out in a pegomastax spawn...the little buggers kept stealing the narcotics

Edward scissor hands xD yeah, those pegomastax's are little swines!

Please fix their spawns, devs! there's 4 outside of my base in Redwood! this is insane. I can't even go outside without being on a fast mount/flying mount because they're around every corner and don't get me started on the Troodon's and pegomastax's. They're EVERYWHERE outside of my base too! this place already has tons of snakes, sarcos, dilos, kaprosuchus, carnos, terror birds etc - it doesn't need even more crazy predators scattered around a small radius to the point where they outnumber the usual predators.

2 hours ago, Crows said:

Please fix their spawns, devs! there's 4 outside of my base in Redwood! this is insane. I can't even go outside without being on a fast mount/flying mount because they're around every corner and don't get me started on the Troodon's and pegomastax's. They're EVERYWHERE outside of my base too! this place already has tons of snakes, sarcos, dilos, kaprosuchus, carnos, terror birds etc - it doesn't need even more crazy predators scattered around a small radius to the point where they outnumber the usual predators.

So, you don't have an issue with low dino spawn :), you are lucky.

I went on Therizinosaurus killing rampage last night on my Rex. I felt complete after laying waste to them and on my way back to base realized once I killed off the first batch a more angry and powerful batch moved in. Glad good old rex is always hungry for more fresh meat. Also had a good laugh as a buddy was trying to tame a wolf got knocked out by a troo and it was just running circles around him and the second he woke it would knock him out again I almost couldn't stop laughing watching from the seat of my rex.

On 1/18/2017 at 6:34 AM, Waffeleisen said:

I'm looking for them, currently on the Center and they are very rare. But I have another base on the Island. Could you give me the coordinates of your base please? I would really like to find some for breeding purposes

"Rare". Not judging, but I lost 4 raptors and a carno not knowing how powerful they are. There are a total of 6 on my island alone. If i had the tools, they would all be dead right now.

I play one xbox. 

These Aggro Chicken's are spawing all over near the easy spawn zones, and i agree, they are way to agressive. There are always 2 or more. 

I just took my lvl 102 stega to the beach to gather with a couple raptors, and got destroyed. Was attacked by a pack of of  little ankle biting troodons, fought them off. As soon as they were gone, got hit by a pair of Theriz. Lost both rapors, and nearly my stega. I looted the corpses real quick, and almost as soon as I strated to turn around, there was another pair.

Neither the stega or I survived, and then they camped my gear.

At the top left corner of Redwood, The Island, there are about 5 Theriz's together on the beach and it's starting to really annoy me to the point where I'm tempted to sneak up to them (with a ghillie suit on) and quickly build a wooden trap around them, then turn it to stone, just so they stay there for as long as possible. I bet they'd despawn though if I went out of render distance... killing them doesn't seem to be worth it, I don't know - I only have a level 50 rex in that area as a regular meat farmer. 

Archived