PVE Wyverns randomly attacking base

BriansNsane

Now that you mention it, We saw a guy on a trapajera a few weeks ago drop a dragon egg in our front yard, once he saw us come out he snatched it and flew off. Maybe he didn't want us to spyglass his name I suppose.  I became suspicious when both times they attacked, it was around the same time late night/early morning. I really hate to leave the game because we have spent alot of time this month building our base and taming our dino's. We all really like the game and have enduured the blue screens and somehow managed to finish our wyverns. I can understand losing some, it happens, but to lose them because of some scum of the earth greifer.

Guest BubbaCrawfish

They do fly normally out and about... We had a poison wyvern turn up to our base one time with no kiting, and it ended up getting trapped in the base... Our dinos were lucky as they dealt to it quickly and we only lost a jerboa.

It all depends on where they've wandered.

Where are you based? It's rare but sometimes wyverns will fly out into the green obelisk areas. Usually because someone led them there to begin with after egg thieving. Though. I have had my base wiped by an angry Alpha Wyvern that spawned over my base so it is possible they're spawning. If you can. Watch and see who's luring them to your base. 

Guest BubbaCrawfish

They do wander... I've had them come from the worlds end, and fly down through to the green ob, then out into the desert.

14 hours ago, BubbaCrawfish said:

They do wander... I've had them come from the worlds end, and fly down through to the green ob, then out into the desert.

This is what I have heard. They used to got to 50/50, but now the green oby. 

So if your base is there, you might want to make some defenses or move. You will need walls around all your dinos, don't leave any in the open air. You also need the dinos inside to be at least 1 foundation from the walls (not sure about this last item).

Guest BubbaCrawfish

Or just have a massive train of dinos ready to cope with them by absolute fluke.

I think when it happened to our dinos, the one dino it attacked ended up in a pit, and the wyvern went after it, and that made all our dinos jump on it, in the hole, trapping it.

I'm right beside Blue ob. One might have been a spawn but I saw the guy on a trap drop an egg in our base and when he saw me come out and pull a scope out he took the egg and ran. I ended up talking to a few people on our server and they all suggested getting a handful of dung beetles and investing energy into lots of x plants and a few auto turrets. We're almost done setting it all up and kited a 135 argent into our base as a small test and it was dead in mid air in just a few seconds. The next attack will be very interesting.

Archived