Official server extreme lag spikes..

Anthrakx8185

seriously devs, you guys are worse and more cheap than super couponers that hit retail stores.. this is really ridiculous playing this game on such garbage servers. why.... choose.... such... garbage... servers...? why is it so hard to get actually nice servers to support such a great game? errr sorry didn't mean great, cuz it would be great IF WE COULD PLAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! instead of spending most of our time rubberbanding or sitting around cuz we CAN'T PLAY THE GAME! seriously fix these trash servers. I can see this game going down hill because of this.. and fairly quickly.

I have the same issues and my connection is 60mb and there are so many lag spikes and it is all servers not just NA Servers all of them have the lag issue.  Lag spikes can get you killed in taming, building, and running near cliffs.  I quit posting on these issues because Wildcard does not give a crap it seems.  I play xbox and pc so lets hear some BS reason like it my internet, systems, or some other crap reasons. I want an Admin to contact me not some moron forum runner to spell Nazi my post or some lame ass "know-it-all" to try and tell me what the problem is Wildcard needs to just update their servers to something that isn't trash and able to handle the load capacity of players who love this game like me. Ark Survival Evolved is a damn good game but how do you expect to make progress taking 100 steps and lag spike oops now you're back where you were or running from a dino oops now your dead because another lag spike. SERIOUSLY WILDCARD TIME TO UPGRADE SERVERS NOT RELEASE MORE CONTENT HOPING TO DISTRACT PLAYERS FROM THE REAL ISSUES ON THE SERVERS XBOX ONE, PLAYSTATION 4, AND PC PLAYERS ALL HAVE ISSUES WITH SERVERS SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IT IS THE SERVERS.

TRUTH WILL OUT

Yeah it's becoming unplayable on PS4. Between 5pm and until 5 am we suffer roll backs every 20/25 seconds. Sometimes the server just freezes for more than a minute before responding again. Flying a fast ptera is just asking for trouble in theses conditions and yesterday it just cost me a lvl 270 Ankylo that feel from my Quetz into the volcano thanks to those insane lags issues.

If you cannot afford servers for a huge game, just dont make a huge game. At this point, Ark is more a scam than anything on PS4 as there is just no way to play the game properly without getting a headache.... 

• 3 months later...

If you play offical I would get used to the lag, it's not really a connection issue (I don't think). Personally I think that it's just the way the server is all the dinos, random pillars and mega fortresses...There are a lot of lag spikes on PvE definitely, the servers full yet noobs still persist to complain there's no where to build yet the beaches are just full of thatch huts lol, I think the snow area is the only lag free place on the server I play on, but that's only because we are the only people built there :)

• 4 months later...

Same here server ping is over 200 and chat is filled with wtfs every day. I have good internet but this poop is always rubber banding. And when I'm not every other creature is. It's almost impossible to hit creatures half the time. And the following tames keep rubber banding all over the place. Always dieing bc of this. Love the game they just need to fix all of this and the texture bugs, AI paths, etc

Archived