Level

TheRedExemplar

85 is really the max you need. If you really want a rocket turret then go to 90. Even all the tek tier armor and stuff is going to be on the 60's. Some of the advanced tek tier stuff might be 95 or 100 but it really won't be worth getting if it's that high. 85 gets you the industrial forge which is probably the most important engram. The grinder is also important but you get that is the 60's so yeah. 85 is the magic number 

2 minutes ago, Volcano637 said:

85 is really the max you need. If you really want a rocket turret then go to 90. Even all the tek tier armor and stuff is going to be on the 60's. Some of the advanced tek tier stuff might be 95 or 100 but it really won't be worth getting if it's that high. 85 gets you the industrial forge which is probably the most important engram. The grinder is also important but you get that is the 60's so yeah. 85 is the magic number 

ye I was thinkin 80ish. I'm 69 on my main survivor at the min. long way to go lol

9 hours ago, TheRedExemplar said:

ye I was thinkin 80ish. I'm 69 on my main survivor at the min. long way to go lol

Not really man. Best thing to do is if you are willing do be a little bored for a day or two just get an industrial grinder and keep filling it up with stone. It won't be a waste because you will have a lot of flint for bullets. Wait till this weekend when they have 1.5x and I promise you if you dedicate a literal full day(but I mean the full day) and you could atleast get to 84 if not 85

1 hour ago, Volcano637 said:

Not really man. Best thing to do is if you are willing do be a little bored for a day or two just get an industrial grinder and keep filling it up with stone. It won't be a waste because you will have a lot of flint for bullets. Wait till this weekend when they have 1.5x and I promise you if you dedicate a literal full day(but I mean the full day) and you could atleast get to 84 if not 85

That's a good idea. Worth a go at least lol

Agreed with above posters, 85 is all you need from an engram perspective.  The rocket turret is nice at level 90 but thanks to lag you end up blowing yourself up more often than not.  Plus rockets from a rocket turret do like 1 less damage than rockets from a primitive (100% damage) launcher.  The benefit is that you don't have to repair the turret. 

Regarding the rocket turret, I always say, the problem with having a rocket turret is that you are going to want to always shoot the rocket turret, and that ain't cheap.

There's the achievement for hitting level 100, so all just depends what you are looking for.

I never had the patience to sit around crafting 2 billion cloth hats, or anything like that.  I always had more fun making a few bullets or arrows, and hunting alphas.  When I was level 93, I went up big time when I found a level 120 alpha rex.  Before I was able to bulk make bullets, I would take an argy, bloody the alpha up, then finish up with a crossbow.  To me, this is MUCH more fun than other ways of grinding.

At level 95, I killed the 3 bosses, and re-did all the caves (had previously done majority of them, had to redo for the achievement, even though we had the trophies in our trophy room) and that got me to 100.  

1 hour ago, D4u2s0t said:

There's the achievement for hitting level 100, so all just depends what you are looking for.

I never had the patience to sit around crafting 2 billion cloth hats, or anything like that.  I always had more fun making a few bullets or arrows, and hunting alphas.  When I was level 93, I went up big time when I found a level 120 alpha rex.  Before I was able to bulk make bullets, I would take an argy, bloody the alpha up, then finish up with a crossbow.  To me, this is MUCH more fun than other ways of grinding.

At level 95, I killed the 3 bosses, and re-did all the caves (had previously done majority of them, had to redo for the achievement, even though we had the trophies in our trophy room) and that got me to 100.  

Ye I make tons of bullets/arrows and go out killing stuff aswel...not alpha Rexs though lol

85 is good. But 100 isn't hard to get. If your on the island, get two mate boosted frogs, 130+tames. Pump their stats into health if you don't have a good saddle, if you do 2.5k health is good.

Take said frogs to the swamp cave. Kill everything. And I'm talking about the hard swamp cave. 

On my island, I solo it. Made a new character for a different server. Went in the cave at level 4, left at level 60. This was just normal xp. On a weekend with evo event, you would probably be 70 in one run. 2-3 runs later I was level 80, with good drops from cave and a lot of chitin n cp.

We farm the cave for cp exclusively as we are in there for drops everytime they respawn. Its gotten players that don't play but 3-4 times a week to 100.

Leveling is easy, just gotta know what to do. Now if you take a xp poition (broth of enlightenment) and hit a dino dossier(3 In the cave alone), you will be rolling in the levels.

If your only looking for xp don't hit all 3 dossiers the first run, they are all boxes, but only the time stacks, not the x2 xp bonus.

Lastley, anyone can tame frogs. Very easy, even disposable. But they utterly destroy that cave with bonus damage to bugs. If you combo a frog with a pike, you can pike the buggers as you ride with RT (Xbox controls) and still use the frogs LT AOE attack at the exact same time.

Go slow if its your first time, and go with friends. Need certain armor to go in. I use ghillie, pants, hands, boots. Scuba tank n scuba goggles, without those the air in the cave will kill you. Good Luck, happy hunting.

1 minute ago, CriD said:

85 is good. But 100 isn't hard to get. If your on the island, get two mate boosted frogs, 130+tames. Pump their stats into health if you don't have a good saddle, if you do 2.5k health is good.

Take said frogs to the swamp cave. Kill everything. And I'm talking about the hard swamp cave. 

On my island, I solo it. Made a new character for a different server. Went in the cave at level 4, left at level 60. This was just normal xp. On a weekend with evo event, you would probably be 70 in one run. 2-3 runs later I was level 80, with good drops from cave and a lot of chitin n cp.

We farm the cave for cp exclusively as we are in there for drops everytime they respawn. Its gotten players that don't play but 3-4 times a week to 100.

Leveling is easy, just gotta know what to do. Now if you take a xp poition (broth of enlightenment) and hit a dino dossier(3 In the cave alone), you will be rolling in the levels.

If your only looking for xp don't hit all 3 dossiers the first run, they are all boxes, but only the time stacks, not the x2 xp bonus.

Lastley, anyone can tame frogs. Very easy, even disposable. But they utterly destroy that cave with bonus damage to bugs. If you combo a frog with a pike, you can pike the buggers as you ride with RT (Xbox controls) and still use the frogs LT AOE attack at the exact same time.

Go slow if its your first time, and go with friends. Need certain armor to go in. I use ghillie, pants, hands, boots. Scuba tank n scuba goggles, without those the air in the cave will kill you. Good Luck, happy hunting.

Good point, I totally left out the xp boost from notes! 

11 hours ago, CriD said:

This sounds like a lot of fun but I don't have scuba gear unlocked yet. Its a 75 unlock I'm 69 :(

On 19/01/2017 at 0:32 AM, CriD said:

Ah, didn't think about that. Maybe someone on the server can craft you a set?

Usually I'd ask someone but I'm trying to keep my head down in my quiet little corner for a while so I don't get wiped. Its a generally good server with a good alpha but I still don't trust anyone haha ;)

Archived