Dino spawns

annageckos

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I feel like the dino spawns are off. I'm playing single player and dinos are respawning, but the types seem limited. Areas that I've cleared are more or less empty. The ones that I am sure are respawning are dodos, parasaurs, pteradons(in certain areas) and allos. I've killed raptors, trikes, rex, spinos, stegos, brontos and others and haven't seen them respawn in those areas. On herbivore island it's only parasaurs respawning, dozens of them. I can run around the island and kill them all and on my second pass there will be just as many as before. If not more. No trikes, ankylos, stegos or brontos are respawning. I haven't seen ptera on the beaches in a while, though the river along the redwoods was over run by them. The beaches are mostly empty, just dodos and very few dilos remain. My first trip up north I saw only a handful of argies, killed them as they were all low level. Also killed a rex or two, some allos, sabercats and scorpions. Flew to the big rock and turned around and a group of stegos and about a dozen ankylos spawned in. No more argies spawned. I was thinking about upping the dino spawn in the settings, but I'm not sure that will help or not.

I haven't been able to get admin commands to work, granted I only tried gamma and light shafts. I have tried culling areas, and that is the problem. I haven't seen any rexes or spinos respawn in those areas. Nor many other dinos, it seems some dinos are over populated. Mostly smaller ones, while the big guys are missing. I don't think the sharks are respawning either, but I am seeing more mantas. Not a ton, but more. I'll try messing with the commands again and see if that helps at all, if not maybe up the dino spawns and hope that does something. I haven't played in a few days/a week just because the lack of dinos.

First, thank you. Because of the suggestion to wipe dinos I messed around with the commands again and got it to work. Can't get gamma to do anything, but whatever. My base is on herb island and it's repopulated with dinos again and not just parasaurs. I still have to check the rest of the map. I flew around before trying the wipe and did see some therizinosaurus, but otherwise it was pretty much the same as I described above. Lots of allos, one rex who was in the redwoods. No spinos, no other rexes.

eshkel, I'm on the island, single player. I've been all over the map, but not much in the snow biome. It's where ever I've killed dinos at before that only a limited variety are spawning back in. I have seen brontos respawn, but other than that it seems to be parasaur and smaller. Dodo's and parasaur mostly on land. Not sure what is going on, but I guess if I can fix it with wiping wild dinos now and then it will do.

There are a lot of topics about low dino spawns on official servers. Personally I noticed that the sundays is worst days for hunting (I mostly played weekends and wednesday). Seems this is not relates to number of peoples on server, but seems the spawn engine is broken on specific conditions and seems your own server instance has it as well.

Ya dino spawns are raptored right now. I went to sleep right last night and the hillside next to my base was packed with dinos. This morning i get on to get some more meat for my babies and there is nothing in sight.

Hell i even had to go to my friends base to get some kibble i needed, and when i opened the door, his turret was offline and it turned on once i loaded the base in.

Something is definitely wrong

Since the new Update i have noticed that the Allosauruses, tend to come more in hordes than in 3. More and more I see 5 to 8 at once in several locations. Moreover I could be on the top of the mountain and a T rex turns up from nowhere, on the highest point of the Mountain?

Plus refering to T Rex, i cant seem to find any of them as I used to, i do several Fly and Walkthrough on the island,  but 2 to 3 max i find and not more, and are rather quiet weak on top.

Is someone else having, simillar problems?

• 1 month later...

Archived