Is it possible to create this mod? Narcotics function replacement.

Boo

I would like to try create a mod, I don't have much of experience with UE4, rather its older versions, (I am professional C/C++ programmer but doubt it's gonna be of much help, given that UE now uses blueprint system, which I don't friend much with).

Basically what I want to do, is not a creation of some new skin / dino / weapon etc. which is what majority of tutorials is about, but about overriding existing game logic. So before I start I would like to understand if it's even technically possible?

Because I hate griefing and griefers who keep on spoiling the game, I would like to change how narcotics work on people, so that it's no longer possible to keep anyone unconscious for unlimited amount of time. I want to accomplish this simply by making narcotics hurt people when force fed to anyone. 1 narcotic would cause for example 10 damage, meaning that if you kept someone under narcos for long time, you would eventually kill them. This effect however shouldn't work on dinos.

Is creation of such mod possible? If yes, how? I suppose I would probably need to create my own narcotics class (blueprint?) that would need to replace the existing one? Or from my observation, that's how mods that change stacking work. Is there any tutorial that explains this kind of stuff, like changing game logic, not just dealing with new models, skin etc?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it should be possible. Though I doubt there is anywhere that open mods are posted for ark. All ARK mods are compiled and posted on the workshop. Kind of the nature of ARK modding since the game is server based rather than single player oriented.

As for your narcotics thing, I haven't been in the ARK dev kit for a while, but I can look at it. It definitely should be possible though.

Archived