Introducing the Megalania!

Jatheish

• Administrator

Dino Dossier

A new Dino Dossier has been revealed, this one is everyone’s favorite wall-climbing varanidae, the Megalania!

large.Dossier_Megalania(2).jpg.4f840ae1d

Common Name: Megalania
Species: Megalania Muruspede
Time: Late Holocene
Diet: Carnivore
Temperament: Aggressive

Wild

Megalania Muruspede is among the largest creatures found throughout the island’s complicated cave networks. Reaching up to three meters long, it can traverse vertically up the cave walls with little difficulty, using its claws as iron-strength grips. Fortunately, Megalania’s size means it is unlikely to sneak up on anyone. Unfortunately for spelunkers, it is an aggressive and dangerous creature nonetheless.

Like other Varanidae, Megalania is a venomous creature.. Its poison is slow-acting, but will drain the victim’s effective strength and health until death unless cured by a rare antidote. That said, the Megalania’s prey are usually ripped apart well before they succumb to the poison’s long-term effects.

Domesticated

The extremely rare ability of Megalania to effortlessly climb walls makes it a highly sought after mount. While it is by no means the fastest, strongest, or toughest mount -- the way it can effortlessly climb in the caves and scale mountains means it will always have a place in any advanced tribe’s stables.

7 hours ago, Zadira said:

This creature will be so great to be able to go into some of the caves. We just did the Artifact of the Massive cave and I am not sure that I will EVER be able to go into that cave again! :D  This creature might change that, though.

Massive? Is that the South Eastern Lava cave or is that the huge, never ending cave with water, piranhas, Sarcos and everything else?

21 hours ago, Macleod01 said:

Massive? Is that the South Eastern Lava cave or is that the huge, never ending cave with water, piranhas, Sarcos and everything else?

Hmm... I may have not said the right cave. I was talking about the cave on Death Island. That is the cave where you have to follow a long path way down to the bottom.  It was not too difficult getting down but getting back up was terrifying.  

35 minutes ago, Zadira said:

Hmm... I may have not said the right cave. I was talking about the cave on Death Island. That is the cave where you have to follow a long path way down to the bottom.  It was not too difficult getting down but getting back up was terrifying.  

No maybe you are right. But in both the caves I have mentioned, the ability to climb walls will be amazing! I just hope it isn't being over hyped like the Oviraptor!

6 minutes ago, Buster said:

OOh maybe this will be the first counter to wild gigas :D The venom can drain them and finally kill them over time. Making dealing with potential problems more feasible.

Assuming of course that the venom and its long term affects is viable when implemented of course ;)

Oh that's a cool way to think of it, because gigas are slow and it could take quite a bit to get a giga back to base where there is the 'rare medicine' that can cure it, the journey alone could prove fatal or even continuously build up rage as it's constantly taking damage. It would become a timebomb.

2 minutes ago, iby102 said:

Oh that's a cool way to think of it, because gigas are slow and it could take quite a bit to get a giga back to base where there is the 'rare medicine' that can cure it, the journey alone could prove fatal or even continuously build up rage as it's constantly taking damage.

Indeed, and since no one is going to be giving wild animals "the rare antidote" Its a done deal, just like the Komodo Dragon taking on water bison. This animal maybe a "Dark Horse" for it's usefulness.

Just now, Buster said:

Indeed, and since no one is going to be giving wild animals "the rare antidote" Its a done deal, just like the Komodo Dragon taking on water bison. This animal maybe a "Dark Horse" for usefulness.

Yep, also people aren't going to be taking this rare antidote most likely on a raid on a base that may or may not have a megalania. Not to mention all the person with the megalania has to do if the Giga is given the antidote is bite it again, chances of a person having two of the rare antidote are even lower.

3 hours ago, iby102 said:

Yep, also people aren't going to be taking this rare antidote most likely on a raid on a base that may or may not have a megalania. Not to mention all the person with the megalania has to do if the Giga is given the antidote is bite it again, chances of a person having two of the rare antidote are even lower.

It may not effect dinos, just people

14 hours ago, iby102 said:

Oh that's a cool way to think of it, because gigas are slow and it could take quite a bit to get a giga back to base where there is the 'rare medicine' that can cure it, the journey alone could prove fatal or even continuously build up rage as it's constantly taking damage. It would become a timebomb.

I did not read this post with a rider in mind, but a poisoned Giga humping back home on its own, getting more and more pissed because it couldn't find the way and my first thought was "I have to find his base and completely level it! Several times a day! Every time he rebuilds, I'll destroy his dreams of having a pretty base! EVERY TIME!" but then I came to my senses ._.

Just now, HighFlyer15 said:

I did not read this post with a rider in mind, but a poisoned Giga humping back home on its own, getting more and more pissed because it couldn't find the way and my first thought was "I have to find his base and completely level it! Several times a day! Every time he rebuilds, I'll destroy his dreams of having a pretty base! EVERY TIME!" but then I came to my senses ._.

xD Yeah it would be slowly losing its mind, would have an evil lair and everything where it would plan attacks on the base :P 

Archived