Literally Unplayable

MrDynamicMan

Im not usually one for these topics, but Im rather irked. For about a month now my game has been unplayable. Not in the sense of boo hoo I lost my terra but in the sense that Oh crap the game wont launch. 

Basically what happened:

I was getting bored of vanilla so I decided to try prim+ with a friend. I launch into prim+ and try and join a server. The usual 20 minute long loading time (yay) and then it just gets stuck. I cant remember on what or why, but it was stuck on that section for 3ish hours. I give up, close my game, and launch back into vanilla. Open up the server listings and... nothing. Desktop. Some cool GW2 fanart. I try everything in the book, verify cache, uninstall all mods, reinstall game, etc, etc. nothing. Im left with an unplayable game. I sent a support ticket on jan8, and nothing.

TL:DR official mod nukes game irreperably and no reply from WC.

Im done with this game. Its unplayable for me, and Ive given up caring to fix it. There hasnt been a patch I really cared about since the rebalance, sometime june last year. All the recent dinos either are novelty pieces or superseded by pre existing dinos. Nothing has changed gameplay wise outside of bola and quetz nerf, quetz, terra, and giga continue to be the only dinoes that matter, diverse raiding still isnt a thing, the UI still sucks, and everything was set back a couple months for a DLC that cost as much as the base game.

bye WC. Ill give it another year or two until ark is just another footnote in failed survival games.

Many of us have already stopped playing my man. My steam friends list was full of Dozens of friends that played regularly. Now, maybe 1-2 play if even. Feels like the game is degressing, not progressing. No incentive to play officials. Unnoficials burn you out after restarting so many times. PVE officials have become moot. Bugs, glitches, and exploits have made all of us roll our eyes so many times that as of late, we expect them never to be fixed. EA? EA? You know what isn't in EA? My patience. 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, MrDynamicMan said:

That line was fair in 2015.

Yea, I find it ironic that these guys/gals try and throw that at us after 2+ years. I think "WE" all old time players know this already and when we see that posted in our or other comment threads as an excuse, eyes just roll around. [sarcastically] We know already its an early release 3 years ago. lol

I stopped playing on PC a year ago, but still struggle it out on Xbone. Its somewhat less unplayable. ;)

On 1/16/2017 at 9:54 AM, JaHakk said:

Hey, the game is in Early Release. What do y'all expect? (note the sarcasm). 

I noted the sarcasm, but for 2 years? That's sad. There's really no such thing as being in 'early access' if it's available for everyone to get, servers are running and there's even mods out. It's not in Early Release/Early Access, it is a Early Release.

10 minutes ago, ThesaurusRex said:

I noted the sarcasm, but for 2 years? That's sad. There's really no such thing as being in 'early access' if it's available for everyone to get, servers are running and there's even mods out. It's not in Early Release/Early Access, it is a Early Release.

2015 early 2016 would be considered alpha testing and mid-late 2016 would be considered beta testing and then early 2017 would be early release

1 hour ago, Manta said:

Yea, I find it ironic that these guys/gals try and throw that at us after 2+ years. I think "WE" all old time players know this already and when we see that posted in our or other comment threads as an excuse, eyes just roll around. [sarcastically] We know already its an early release 3 years ago. lol

I stopped playing on PC a year ago, but still struggle it out on Xbone. Its somewhat less unplayable. ;)

Do you know how much time it takes to develop PC games? Just because EA or Activision can crap out soulless clones every year, doesn't mean every game has to be finished in a year or two. Many good games were in development for quite a few years.

18 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

It's becoming a joke. I just downloaded an update that included nothing for primitive plus. Go to fire up my dedicated prim plus server and guess what? Dashboards on startup.  Yet another wipe. 

This was the most frustrating thing and I ended up quitting my dedicated server that I had so much fun in because it was just so frustrating to restart every 2 weeks.  The admins were even nice enough to increase multipliers to 6x for a few days to let us all get back to a good point.

Official has been good in that I have never been wiped by the game.  Just by other players...

On 1/16/2017 at 9:11 AM, MrDynamicMan said:

Im not usually one for these topics, but Im rather irked. For about a month now my game has been unplayable. Not in the sense of boo hoo I lost my terra but in the sense that Oh crap the game wont launch. 

Basically what happened:

I was getting bored of vanilla so I decided to try prim+ with a friend. I launch into prim+ and try and join a server. The usual 20 minute long loading time (yay) and then it just gets stuck. I cant remember on what or why, but it was stuck on that section for 3ish hours. I give up, close my game, and launch back into vanilla. Open up the server listings and... nothing. Desktop. Some cool GW2 fanart. I try everything in the book, verify cache, uninstall all mods, reinstall game, etc, etc. nothing. Im left with an unplayable game. I sent a support ticket on jan8, and nothing.

TL:DR official mod nukes game irreperably and no reply from WC.

Im done with this game. Its unplayable for me, and Ive given up caring to fix it. There hasnt been a patch I really cared about since the rebalance, sometime june last year. All the recent dinos either are novelty pieces or superseded by pre existing dinos. Nothing has changed gameplay wise outside of bola and quetz nerf, quetz, terra, and giga continue to be the only dinoes that matter, diverse raiding still isnt a thing, the UI still sucks, and everything was set back a couple months for a DLC that cost as much as the base game.

bye WC. Ill give it another year or two until ark is just another footnote in failed survival games.

I hope you get some word of some sort of fix.  As many problems as there are with this game, I do very much enjoy it when I can play it glitch free.

Archived