When are allos spawning inside of bases gonna be adressed ?

Jey123456

This one has been reported over and over and over ever since Allos were added. Obviously other dinos do not spawn inside bases, only allos, i can only assume its due to their group spawning mechanic but who knows. 

somehow a spawn of an allo lvl 60 and a lvl 10 managed to kill 6 allos lvl 250+ in my base, while 2 bronto lvl 200+ were hitting them + the 6 allos + bunch of other smaller critters. At first i thought the dinos were on passive, but when i got to my base, all the combat dinos were in a bunch where the fight happened and they were not passive. 

To me it feel like they managed to fight for a while before any dino even reacted to their presence but either way. Could we please get those allos either fixed or moved to regular spawn system until it can be fixed ? 

8 minutes ago, Jey123456 said:

This one has been reported over and over and over ever since Allos were added. Obviously other dinos do not spawn inside bases, only allos, i can only assume its due to their group spawning mechanic but who knows. 

somehow a spawn of an allo lvl 60 and a lvl 10 managed to kill 6 allos lvl 250+ in my base, while 2 bronto lvl 200+ were hitting them + the 6 allos + bunch of other smaller critters. At first i thought the dinos were on passive, but when i got to my base, all the combat dinos were in a bunch where the fight happened and they were not passive. 

To me it feel like they managed to fight for a while before any dino even reacted to their presence but either way. Could we please get those allos either fixed or moved to regular spawn system until it can be fixed ? 

Definitely pretty crazy that this is still happening for sure. I have a poor guy on my dedicated that has the worst luck with this.

I think this has something to do with their collision and movement speed. For example, if you keep them inside a building on pillars/ceilings or foundations I've found every single time mine will eventually get stuck or fall through, so I have to keep mine outside now. It might be worth trying to surround your base with a very thick kind of wall (if you can afford it), by this I mean vaults. They can act as a very thick wall and someone else suggested this on a forum thread at Steam Community. My guess is that they aren't spawning inside a structure, but more that they are glitching from the outside to the inside.

Literally just had this happen to me at the worst possible time, I went on a 2 day marathon raising 3 argents, a tapejara, a bronto and 12 wyverns. The argents and tape made it to adolescent and would have been done later in the day, the rest except 3 wyvern were juveniles, the bronto being pretty far along. Had to leave for work and within 1 and a half hours of me leaving, 3 allos killed them all, have never seen them in the area before and haven't since. Needless to say I'm quite unhappy with this.

13 minutes ago, Hauven said:

I think this has something to do with their collision and movement speed. For example, if you keep them inside a building on pillars/ceilings or foundations I've found every single time mine will eventually get stuck or fall through, so I have to keep mine outside now. It might be worth trying to surround your base with a very thick kind of wall (if you can afford it), by this I mean vaults. They can act as a very thick wall and someone else suggested this on a forum thread at Steam Community. My guess is that they aren't spawning inside a structure, but more that they are glitching from the outside to the inside.

unrelated, the alos does not spawn outside and come in (it would first have to fights my dinos outside since they are part of what they target). Allos use a "new" spawn system developed specifically for them, to make it more likely that theyll be in group, they often spawn in group. This is the part thats bugged. They end up spawning inside. Other dinos used to rarely (but still it happened) spawn inside, but that was fixed in a patch a while ago, since that patch ive only seen and heard about allos spawning inside bases. 

1 hour ago, Dustrider said:

They have in fact been working on this bug for quite a while. There were several patches that were supposed to deal with this issue but they never succeeded in doing so. I think they may be having issues replicating and tracing the exact source of the bug. 

they worked, on a different issue. In the past other dinos also spawned inside base. That they fixed, but allos does so at a much higher frequency most likely due to a total lack of check for player base / "legal" spawn in the special spawning code that is used by and only by allos (the one where they spawn in group). 

• Volunteer Moderator
47 minutes ago, lefevere said:

I m surprised they didnt corrected this bug yet, that happen to me 1 year ago.

allosaurus were introduced in v245.0, which dropped July 31, 2016. i understand that the spawning issue is happening and needs addressed, but if you could please refrain from including false statements in your posts it would be greatly appreciated, as it in no way improves the conversation. thanks!:)

Not only do wild allos spawn inside bases, the spawn code is so inept that it does not recognise the difference between wild and tamed allos and at the same time it's spawning wild allos inside your base, it also teleports tamed allos nearby to the same location.

They have spawn code that works fine for every other dino, why don't allos simply use that and spawn 3 at a time instead of one?  Instead we get brand new code that has never worked with band-aid fixes that don't work either. Six months an counting.

13 hours ago, Jey123456 said:

unrelated, the alos does not spawn outside and come in (it would first have to fights my dinos outside since they are part of what they target). Allos use a "new" spawn system developed specifically for them, to make it more likely that theyll be in group, they often spawn in group. This is the part thats bugged. They end up spawning inside. Other dinos used to rarely (but still it happened) spawn inside, but that was fixed in a patch a while ago, since that patch ive only seen and heard about allos spawning inside bases. 

I have first-hand experience and picture evidence that the carno can spawn inside of a base on Scorched. 

I have a thread here where people talk about Allos spawning in their base. It has happened to our tribe at least four, maybe five times now. Even turrets and plants set to wild can't possibly cover all of the areas you need it to. Super broken. 

9 hours ago, Dustrider said:

They have in fact been working on this bug for quite a while. There were several patches that were supposed to deal with this issue but they never succeeded in doing so. I think they may be having issues replicating and tracing the exact source of the bug. 

Utterly and mind-numbingly baffling. This is what I mean ...

Spawn Routine: select dino to spawn > roll attributes > determine number of dinos > set location for spawn > cycle through number of dinos to spawn > run logic tests at each cycle. 

Logical test: is dino to close to a base granting the home tag > if yes{don't spawn} > if no{yes spawn}.

Done. 

Here is another way to look at it:

Hmmm, this land-based dino doesn't spawn in bases. What is it? Lystro? Okay, cool. Where is that code ... here, okay. Change name from Lystro to Allo, and change number of likely spawns to 3, and change proximity to something closer. Okay, cool. Done. 

I mean, I'm obviously not writing this in any proper syntax, but this one is easy. Like, actually easy. They already have working code for this, lol. Are they not using modular functions? I actually don't get it. Lol. Smh ...  

4 minutes ago, TimeSpiral said:

I have first-hand experience and picture evidence that the carno can spawn inside of a base on Scorched. 

I have a thread here where people talk about Allos spawning in their base. It has happened to our tribe at least four, maybe five times now. Even turrets and plants set to wild can't possibly cover all of the areas you need it to. Super broken. 

Utterly and mind-numbingly baffling. This is what I mean ...

Spawn Routine: select dino to spawn > roll attributes > determine number of dinos > set location for spawn > cycle through number of dinos to spawn > run logic tests at each cycle. 

Logical test: is dino to close to a base granting the home tag > if yes{don't spawn} > if no{yes spawn}.

Done. 

Here is another way to look at it:

Hmmm, this land-based dino doesn't spawn in bases. What is it? Lystro? Okay, cool. Where is that code ... here, okay. Change name from Lystro to Allo, and change number of likely spawns to 3, and change proximity to something closer. Okay, cool. Done. 

I mean, I'm obviously not writing this in any proper syntax, but this one is easy. Like, actually easy. They already have working code for this, lol. Are they not using modular functions? I actually don't get it. Lol. Smh ...  

It took them several tries to get all other base spawning Dino's to stop. I am thinking it must be more complex than you suggest. I am just speculating...

Just now, Dustrider said:

It took them several tries to get all other base spawning Dino's to stop. I am thinking it must be more complex than you suggest. I am just speculating...

I mean ... if they're working from poorly-designed code infrastructure maybe. But this is not a difficult coding challenge. 

3 hours ago, seXikanac said:

That is well known bug, and developers don't care. So build up 6 walls high base with t-rexes on neutral, and put real base on top of it

wall wont matter they spawn inside. And to top it off, there seem to be a delay before your dino on neutral react to a freshly spawned dino attacking. In my case, it happened inside a closed structure, roof and all. 

Building a base higher up is also not an option, since dinos still fall through structure randomly >_>.

2 wild allos spawned in my base, 1 lvl 60 and 1 lvl 10. Nothing that should have done any damage at all. Dinos were on neutral as confirmed after the fact (and by the fact they all moved to the spot where the fight occured). those 2 low level wild allos, managed to kill 6 allos lvl 250 all the while tanking 2 brontos lvl 200+ a spino lvl 200+ a bunch of combat sabers and wolves + some random harvester dinos. The only way for that to be possible, is if the 2 allos got a few minutes of hitting without being attacked back before the neutral dinos reacted. 

Another allos just spawned inside my base, right in front of me, this one didnt get to do much but i had to manually whistle dinos to attack. my anky was getting hit and none of the neutral dino even bothered to move until i whistled attack this target. 

the fact it spawned right in front of me (litterally i was maybe 2 foundations away). prove that its not using the standard spawn since normal spawn are only allowed away from players (close enough to not be instasis, far enough to be close to stasis). 

21 hours ago, NebraskARK said:

Definitely pretty crazy that this is still happening for sure. I have a poor guy on my dedicated that has the worst luck with this.

This happens to my one tribe mate in our area no matter where he moves his base just keeps happening he even moved right next to me and it happened to him again and only him he literally had the worst luck lost two 270+ Direbears on neutral to a lvl 15 allo last time

1 hour ago, seXikanac said:

Well my base had about 20 allos spawns so far, and what I wrote solved issue

the fact you had 20 spawn where they shouldnt have, clearly indicate it did not solve the issue. all you did is move your dinos off the ground, which is good and all, until they glitch and fall through the floor.

Archived