How to grow plant species x

DinoDash

Hey there,

Indeed they are not everywhere!

The best way is to go to the swamp with a flyer (Be careful, kapro can surprise you sometimes). You have to harvest them from special X-plant bushes that look 

just like a growing X-Plant (at Fruitling stage if I'm not mistaken). 

If you have a trike, or and ankylo, you could go out there and harvest all kind of herbs in the swamp, they will give you some. But the best is the X-Plant bushes ( You can get over 30 seed from 1!)

Have fun!

Cheers!

6 minutes ago, NevilleBart0s said:

look up "armored x turrets" on youtube. that is the only way to do it safely.

This is the best way, but at the very least plant them when you have time to stay online until they are fully grown also plant one and plant another nearby so when they are grown one will protect the other. I put spikes around them as well. 

2 minutes ago, DinoDash said:

I'm on pvp

Then you're never going to be able to protect them.  Just like everything else in your house if they break it they can take it.  This applies to storage chests, and other defensive items.  Not sure why you're trying to hide them, in fact, they're mostly useless on PvP.

7 hours ago, DinoMinions said:

This is the best way, but at the very least plant them when you have time to stay online until they are fully grown also plant one and plant another nearby so when they are grown one will protect the other. I put spikes around them as well. 

How long do they take to mature?

Just now, DinoDash said:

How long do they take to mature?

From the moment you put the large crop plot down, 9 fertilizer and a PSX Seed in it, you're looking at 9 hours for a fully mature plant. Then once the plant is up, it will eat up the fertilizer based on shots it shoots.

At the sprout point it attacks pretty much everything moving.

30 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

From the moment you put the large crop plot down, 9 fertilizer and a PSX Seed in it, you're looking at 9 hours for a fully mature plant. Then once the plant is up, it will eat up the fertilizer based on shots it shoots.

It attacks stuff while it's still a sprout?

1 hour ago, Plannb23 said:

Then you're never going to be able to protect them.  Just like everything else in your house if they break it they can take it.  This applies to storage chests, and other defensive items.  Not sure why you're trying to hide them, in fact, they're mostly useless on PvP.

when you start out they're pretty good because you wouldnt be high enough yet to get to 65 to make turrets plus they'll still slow down dinos regardless even if it's a giga because when your lvl 65 you can use them as a combo because with the push back and blinding affect / slows with the auto turrets they'll come in great defense of a base while having both

1 hour ago, Plannb23 said:

it takes 12hrs Real Time to fully mature to fruitling

41 minutes ago, DinoDash said:

you would have to wait until it's fully grown and the tentacle starts to move then you'll know it's fully grown

1 hour ago, DinoDash said:

Negative.  It will not attack a single thing until it's fully grown.

20 minutes ago, jedi92raider said:

it takes 12hrs Real Time to fully mature to fruitling

Are you sure about that?  I've gone from fruitling to terror in less than 12 hours.  In fact, I planted some this weekend at around 8pm and was on at 5am and they were up and running.

Just now, Plannb23 said:

Negative.  It will not attack a single thing until it's fully grown.

Are you sure about that?  I've gone from fruitling to terror in less than 12 hours.  In fact, I planted some this weekend at around 8pm and was on at 5am and they were up and running.

Yea i'm sure because ours this weekend took us 12hrs

Archived