Switching to Primative

themoneyshot76

Im thinking of moving my tribe to a primative server. We are fed up getting raided by high lvl players on flyers with C4 etc and killing all our tames. We are fairly low rank and in no way are we intetested in trying to bully other tribes. We just want to get a settlement going and have some chilled play. Dont get me wrong we all enjoy a bit of pvp, but its no fun when u r constantly being hammered by players with stupudly high tech. 

Anyway...what im getting at is this, are the primative servers any better or are they just the same? Cheers guys.

apart from the huge loading time compared to normal ark, i would say play it! it is great!!! lots of new things to build and cook, people are nice (but i found people in normal servers nice as well) and dinossaurs are much more powerful compared to normal game (the lack of better weapons/tools makes dinos the best choice for most things).

Somethings are still missing, and hopefully they will be in the latest patch (was suppose to come out yesterday) like alchemy bench and industrial forge kind of things :)

We originally came to Primitive a couple years ago because the vanilla game play always came down to who spent the most hours farming stone and chiten for cementing paste. We were holding our own but the tedium was too much. Now with the new Tek Tier, expect the gap between starting and established tribes to be even worse.  

We've had some horrendous knock out drag out wars in Primitive in the past and are enjoying the P+ game very much. It's true, people are typically more casual about PvP but it is still a central part of the game. It's much easier for a young tribe to compete. 

Thanks for the feedback. Tbh we are playin it more kinda pve but with the risk of the danger of pvp, ie seeing that stranger on the beach or being cautious around enemy bases. Im not interested in raiding but know that at some point i will get raided. Pvp is good when it is even weps etc. 

Are any of the PS4 P+ servers better or fairer (ie high lvl bullying low lvl)than the rest. I had a run around 10 and 11 and both seemed to be friendly but with loads of large bases. Thinking of trying out eu server 9 tonight. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for reply,  but tbh i dont mnd the glitches etc. I knew that ark an primitive+ are a wip when i bought them. Dont get me wrong i dont think for one second that it is worth full price release but i bought it for £30 which i feel is worth it for the amount of hours i have put in.  

On my original post topic, i have to amit to finding it frustrating. All good spots seem to be taken and the maps look like poop because of the amount of harvesting. Might have to look towards a dedi server instead. 

Archived