Dinosaurs and stat distribution trends, what's your experience?

WontonFreak

Good day ark communtiy

Me and a few friends have been experimenting and getting deeper into the breeding part of ark lately in preparation to make a boss attempt.

As of now, we're trying to find Rexes with good, and we've started breeding some of them together while we're fishing for more stats in other areas. https://gyazo.com/a02821f724c3ed18774dbf7588ae45d8 Here's a screenshot of our google doc to show what I mean.

As you can see, there's a trend that they want to put a lot of points in damage (which we notice is a thing with all carnivores) and having anything over 40 points in any of the other stats is quite rare. 

My question to the community is: What's the highest stat you've had on a dino by points?

I'm just curious if we should breed them together and settle with 41 points or if we should be looking for more.

¨~ Chris

23 minutes ago, Azmeaiel said:

140-145-150 

these ls seem to stack fairly all-round stats, rarly seem to have 1 very good stat, oddly enough 130-135 seems to come up with a lot of 52 point dinos.  Highest stat I have seen on anything is 71 points in melee ...

So what you're implying is that the top end dinos have moreall rounded stats than the lower ones? (from your experience ofc)

I'm actually gonna go into singleplayer and do some testing to see if there's a trend here, i'll come back in a while with the results

40 minutes ago, DodoGuru said:

The highest stats I've had on a dinosaur is near 500% melee on an argentavis and with imprinting you can get the melee well over 500%. 

@DodoGuru is this in official? O.o

I also noticed that pvp servers get higher stats compared to pve servers. just check out the trading forum here and compare the dino stats being traded on pvp and the ones on pve.

1 hour ago, Azmeaiel said:

140-145-150 

these ls seem to stack fairly all-round stats, rarly seem to have 1 very good stat, oddly enough 130-135 seems to come up with a lot of 52 point dinos.  Highest stat I have seen on anything is 71 points in melee ...

Weve also noticed this. All our 50+ stats came from 120-135 

I find 150s to have the balanced stat distribution

8 minutes ago, WontonFreak said:

Ok, here's the result of 20 lvl 150 forcetamed Rexes, and as you can see, the trend is quite obvious when you look at the average levels put in the different stats.

https://gyazo.com/7a23eeb1e2cfa1e76409b4f884a232d8

I will post another update with 20 lvl 130 rexes to see if there's any difference,

Wow. Rex #11. Give me something like that lol... The highest pre-tame I've ever seen a stat that I've actually checked is 31 levels into Health on an Argy (150). It had very low Melee, Oxygen, and "Wasted," though

Ok, so here's the end result of a post tame (with 100% efficiency (GMsummon)) 150 and 130 rexes

I've color coded the levels to easily distinguish them and to easier see the patterns aswell.

Green 10-19
Blue 20-29
Yellow 30-39
Purple 40-49
Red 50-59

Here's a screenshot of the Rexes that had a base level of 150, and 225 post tame
https://gyazo.com/e5f345cfc225bd87025d933510f95f57

Here's a screenshot of the Rexes that had a base level of 130, and 195 post tame
https://gyazo.com/c042085f15f4e2e20554f0a75f7c178e

From the average it seems that there's really no difference between taming a 150 and 130 except for the stat budget. Other then that, they seem to favor melee damage and will split the rest of the points evenly. But then again, this is only 20 dinos in each group, and with a larger test pool we could see more extremes from either pool and get a more accurate chance of getting a "super-stat".

Otherwise, I'd like to encourage people to post their findings and screenshots of post tame dinos with their stats and point distribution so that we can gather more data.

¨~ Chris

Do yourself a favour and download ARK Smart Breeding. It will replace your spreadsheet in an instant.

https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor

6 hours ago, WontonFreak said:

As you can see, there's a trend that they want to put a lot of points in damage (which we notice is a thing with all carnivores) and having anything over 40 points in any of the other stats is quite rare.

I believe this is incorrect. There are two ways of representing how the dino stats work post-tame. Calculators such as DodoDex always have high damage and lower wasted points. When using the ARK Smart Breeding software it takes into account the actual melee damage % bonus that you get from taming (please visit the Pteranodon page and scroll down to Base Stats & Growth section - http://ark.gamepedia.com/Pteranodon). When you do this the stats actually come out much more even. I believe this to be the correct way. @cad - Are you able to explain the Base Damage bonus to the posters here please? Thank you.

Wasted points are then put into speed, as it's not affected by level increases, but still gathers points. That means when you tame something it randomly puts your taming levels (eg: +71 for a Pteranodon) into ALL of the x7 stats available. You then end up with your post-tame stats.

I've introduced the ARK Smart Breeding software to many alpha tribes and they all swear by it now, much as I do. Thanks @cad.

Just now, Thalantyr said:

Do yourself a favour and download ARK Smart Breeding. It will replace your spreadsheet in an instant.

https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor

I believe this is incorrect. There are two ways of representing how the dino stats work post-tame. Calculators such as DodoDex always have high damage and lower wasted points. When using the ARK Smart Breeding software it takes into account the actual melee damage % bonus that you get from taming (please visit the Pteranodon page and scroll down to Base Stats & Growth section - http://ark.gamepedia.com/Pteranodon). When you do this the stats actually come out much more even. I believe this to be the correct way. @cad - Are you able to explain the Base Damage bonus to the posters here please? Thank you.

Wasted points are then put into speed, as it's not affected by level increases, but still gathers points. That means when you tame something it randomly puts your taming levels (eg: +71 for a Pteranodon) into ALL of the x7 stats available. You then end up with your post-tame stats.

I've introduced the ARK Smart Breeding software to many alpha tribes and they all swear by it now, much as I do. Thanks @cad.

Does still not explain the fact that people claim to have dinos with 60+ points when the average shows the exact opposite, i've been using the past 4 hours spawning rexes and forcetaming them, and not once have i seen one with more than around 40 to 42 in other than melee damage. If only we could get the raw formula and intended behaviour from the devs it would be great

2 minutes ago, WontonFreak said:

Does still not explain the fact that people claim to have dinos with 60+ points when the average shows the exact opposite, i've been using the past 4 hours spawning rexes and forcetaming them, and not once have i seen one with more than around 40 to 42 in other than melee damage. If only we could get the raw formula and intended behaviour from the devs it would be great

I've tamed & bred hundreds of dinos and have never seen those sorts of numbers (45+). I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I haven't seen them yet. We always check the stats for each dino that we bring down, pre-tame, and that gives us a really good idea of how good they're going to be. The highest I've seen to date was around about L35 into a single stat pre-tame. Once the taming takes place then obviously it uses those taming levels (eg: x71) to be randomly distributed amongst the x7 stats available. If you got lucky and got a L35 pre-tame HP, then got lucky again and it added +15 to HP, there's no reason why you couldn't get a L50 HP dino.

I do understand what you're saying, and I'd love to know what the 'caps' are on those random level distributions. I would assume there has to be a minimum & maximum range, but whether there is say a 70% chance at being between L20 & L30, then a 25% chance to be L15-L19 & L31-L35, then 4% chance from L13-L14 & L36-L37, then 1% chance at L12 & L38, or something like that... does that make the range L12 to L38? I have no idea. This is a part of the fun of ARK & Taming. Theory-crafting.

----

When you're force-taming them, are you talking about pre-tame stats at L40 to L42?

1 minute ago, Thalantyr said:

I've tamed & bred hundreds of dinos and have never seen those sorts of numbers (45+). I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I haven't seen them yet. We always check the stats for each dino that we bring down, pre-tame, and that gives us a really good idea of how good they're going to be. The highest I've seen to date was around about L35 into a single stat pre-tame. Once the taming takes place then obviously it uses those taming levels (eg: x71) to be randomly distributed amongst the x7 stats available. If you got lucky and got a L35 pre-tame HP, then got lucky again and it added +15 to HP, there's no reason why you couldn't get a L50 HP dino.

I do understand what you're saying, and I'd love to know what the 'caps' are on those random level distributions. I would assume there has to be a minimum & maximum range, but whether there is say a 70% chance at being between L20 & L30, then a 25% chance to be L15-L19 & L31-L35, then 4% chance from L13-L14 & L36-L37, then 1% chance at L12 & L38, or something like that... does that make the range L12 to L38? I have no idea. This is a part of the fun of ARK & Taming. Theory-crafting.

----

When you're force-taming them, are you talking about pre-tame stats at L40 to L42?

I see, and 50 points is actually something we have on our two finished bred allosauruses, but out of all the dinos i've ever tamed, it's the only one I've seen with that high of a stat on anything else than damage Here's a few pictures showing my babies :)

https://gyazo.com/19e1b2b25b775b506c030cd6100711c7

https://gyazo.com/8c6f8dc12a1fa9f7583a58ccd9cb5dfb

https://gyazo.com/ee573cdba9922a54d94675e93a5de3c3

No, all the points you've seen in my previous posts are post tame. I use the command "admincheat GMSummon "Rex_Character_BP_C" 150" It will then spawn a 150 rex and instantly tame it with 100% efficiency, that's why they're lvl 225 and not lvl 223 like you would get with kibbles. What i then did was put every stat of the dino into dododex' stat calculator http://www.dododex.com/stat-calculator/rex to see how many points it had placed into each stat.

And what you said about the range: If they could just tell us what the min/max is we would have amuch easier time telling the difference between a good and bad dino. Lets say 15 points is minimum and 50 is max, my dinos with 45 points would be in the top tier range, but now that I don't know how high it can go, I have no idea if i want to start breeding them or not, because wasting time on a dino that could actually turn out to be bad isn't fun at all :P 

¨~ Chris

So, I have a baby Rex, well my brother. Has 64 points into melee. Its still a baby, can post pics later.

Also, I tamed a 145 terror bird last night. Finished with 51 points into melee.

Actually I think the Rex was 61 points n terror was 54. Rex hatched with 403% I believe 

Super rare, but they are out there.

This smartbreeder thing. Is it an app or site? Very interested.

2 minutes ago, CriD said:

So, I have a baby Rex, well my brother. Has 64 points into melee. Its still a baby, can post pics later.

Actually I think the Rex was 61 points n terror was 54. Rex hatched with 403% I believe 

What calculator figured this out though? DodoDex? The problem is that Melee Damage is represented differently. People compare L60 Melee to L40 HP and it's wrong. Until those calculators take into account the bonus to Melee Damage from taming then it'll be like comparing apples to oranges.

The ARK Smart Breeding software is software. You can save all your dinos to a file, etc. It gives you breeding plans based on your best dinos, what breed rating they have, etc. I have no affiliation with it but it's made breeding in ARK soooo much easier. Definitely worth at least having a look! ;)

1 minute ago, Thalantyr said:

What calculator figured this out though? DodoDex? The problem is that Melee Damage is represented differently. People compare L60 Melee to L40 HP and it's wrong. Until those calculators take into account the bonus to Melee Damage from taming then it'll be like comparing apples to oranges.

The ARK Smart Breeding software is software. You can save all your dinos to a file, etc. It gives you breeding plans based on your best dinos, what breed rating they have, etc. I have no affiliation with it but it's made breeding in ARK soooo much easier. Definitely worth at least having a look! ;)

I'm on Xbox:( we have no such software. Don't own a PC, or I'd play ark on it. Lol. It was dododex. Was hoping we had a superfreak but now I'm slightly sad lol.

So I finally logged into Single Player for the first time since I started playing ARK. Used your command to start spawning in Pteranodons. The first one I spawned had L51 Stamina, which is pretty unheard of in the taming/breeding I've done. I spawned about 50 more and didn't get any stats above a L45 odd. The other thing to take into consideration is that they were spawning as L225 like you said, which is 100% efficiency. You can get L223 on 1.5x taming, or L221 on 1x taming. So those extra 2-4 levels do actually make a difference.

Is there a way to spawn in a dino with a specific amount of taming efficiency? Or spawn in a L150 and then force tame it with a specific efficiency?

2 hours ago, CriD said:

A hatched Rex would have either 402.2% melee (47 points) or 408.1% (48 points).  Any calculator that says your Rex has 61 points in damage is for WILD dinos only, and they all warn that the points are for wild only and don't work for tamed dinos.  A rex with 61 points in melee would be born with 484.5% melee.

47 or 48 is still exceptional though so it's a great Rex.

Highest stat I've ever tamed (Official PC) was a 47hp Saber.

From memory i think the max now is around 75 points, the liklyhood of getting the magic 70-75 is around 1 in 2k wild dinos (if your looking at melee stat these are the dinos close to 500% melee damage post tame). 

We are also testing servers, with island so far comming out on top for all round stats, centre and SE for single stats.

Sadly one of highest melee stats we have seen wild was on a Morellatops....

If levels are truly random then the max for any stat would be 225 in a single stat (or 219 if min stat is 1), it's just statistically improbable. 7.123x10-191 if I got my probability right.

If there is a hard cap of 75 I'd love to see any data backing it up, or is it more of a case of no one seeing anything this high?  75 is 3.34x10-13 but by the numbers you are mentioning you are incorrectly using a wild calculator for tamed stats.  Assuming that's the case the 75 you mention is actually closer to 60 points (478.6% melee Rex) with a probability of roughly 4.9x10-7.

1 in 2k dinos is roughly 48points or higher. https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=probability+of+48+successes+in+225+trials+with+p%3D.14285714285

Of course if the levels aren't really random then none of the above is correct.

2 minutes ago, Thalantyr said:

L75 on what calculator? DodoDex?

I think it is one we are using, Along with smart breeding so as you said its debatable. Highest stat we have seen recorded on anywhere was on this 75 point mark, followed by a few 71 points in melee, more common seems to be the '52 points' post tame (from memory about 366% mark) on both herbi's and carnivores.

Just now, Azmeaiel said:

I think it is one we are using, Along with smart breeding so as you said its debatable. Highest stat we have seen recorded on anywhere was on this 75 point mark, followed by a few 71 points in melee, more common seems to be the '52 points' post tame (from memory about 366% mark) on both herbi's and carnivores.

Yer unfortunately they treat the figures completely different. DodoDex will say L70, ASB will show L55. Even DodoDex comparing HP to DMG is incorrect. I'd like to see this fixed but I'm sure the authors believe they're doing it correct. Shrug. Either way, getting 75 levels into something is ridiculous. Even 71 levels is right out there. Something along the lines of 52 levels I can imagine as I've seen 45 levels before, but it'd still be a very small chance.

2 minutes ago, Thalantyr said:

Yer unfortunately they treat the figures completely different. DodoDex will say L70, ASB will show L55. Even DodoDex comparing HP to DMG is incorrect. I'd like to see this fixed but I'm sure the authors believe they're doing it correct. Shrug. Either way, getting 75 levels into something is ridiculous. Even 71 levels is right out there. Something along the lines of 52 levels I can imagine as I've seen 45 levels before, but it'd still be a very small chance.

Yeh, the stat i have seen that was off the chart was pterra at 450% on an official, owners are rightfully secretive about it though (location etc). When bred and imprinted they are of almost broken lv melee.

36 minutes ago, Azmeaiel said:

I think it is one we are using, Along with smart breeding so as you said its debatable. 

It's not really debatable, you cant use a wild calculator for tamed dinos. It's flat out wrong. 

This is on Dododex: "Dododex's stat calculator will calculate how a wild creature's stats were distributed in Ark: Survival Evolved."

This is on the wiki; "Note that after the creature is tamed it gets bonuses on some stats depending on the taming effectiveness. This makes it hard to retrieve the levels on a tamed creature, so this tool is only for wild ones, but gives a first impression, how well the stats are distributed."

And yet so many people keep using it for dinos it's not meant for and then claiming massive stat numbers that are wrong.  I do a lot of breeding so it's a continual frustration sorting fact from fiction when talking to people about their dinos.

Typically something like this; "I have a great Rex with 42 points in melee", which is great for a few minutes until you realise they used the wild calc on a tamed dino and it's only really 31 points.  Sigh.  

Archived