I am crying right now.... lost my base we had since launch

chaosguy67

5 hours ago, vargata said:

nope, they didnt lose it in pvp, you know that would mean they have had a fight player versus player, not just somebody goes there and  ruin everything, neither it was the environment so they didnt lose it to the survival aspect, i dont even get how you came up with this. they have lost it for a crappy implementation.

it does not just "happen", its a tactics because wc refuses to fix something they could... they might just should care a little

"pvp server"  ie  a server in which others players can and do destroy the structures dinos and other players.  Wildcard's inane design choices aside, that doesn't erase that setting existing on the server they chose to play on. Had they chosen to play on a pve server, most of this lamentation would be a non issue.

Wildcard cares. They just care in the direction that you nor the OP wish they would.  Just to be clear, Im not defending Wildcard and these issues.  They're herding players to unofficial servers or from the game itself in a revolving door business model.  But outside of folks moving to unofficial servers or other games, there is nothing that can be done because, the design philosophy and goals of WC has been pretty clear for almost 2 years now, else they'd not have made the decisions they have. Thus adapt and survive is meta too.

13 minutes ago, Ugodzilla said:

Before my Break i also was Member of such a Tribe that thinks PVP means bullying little Tribes and destroying everything and everybody that starts building from Metal.

It has really nothing to do with PVP to swarm the whole Server with Wyverns, Gigas, abusing Glitches etc etc.

I also really dont know why some people with so tiny Balls behave like that. I got so raptoring bored cause all i had to do for nearly one Year was farming meat for Hatchlings.

I agree that having a 70 man tribe come into your server and wreck everyone is poopty. I'm just saying thats the risk you take when you play on a PvP server that allows transfers like that. Even if a server didn't allow that, a tribe that did play on the server could still wipe you out all the same.

For all those frustrated with the mega tribes going server to server you should check out the cross ark servers, each one is a set of each of the 3 maps connected to each other and none else. This vastly limits the potential threats that can come to you and gives you a reasonable chance at learning the people and politics of all the people who play on any of the three servers allowing you to at least know where a threat is coming from rather than some group of servers you have never heard of

5 hours ago, TheLastNerb said:

Its 2 sides to a coin. When your not a pvper and are getting raided it probably sucks. But when you are pvp active its fantastic and opens so many opportunities.  If you dont like it, go play pve

I'm all for transfers but from obelisks only and you shouldn't be allowed to go to any server. It should just be a cluster of the 3 maps. 

You won't be saying that when you get wiped in your sleep. Either that or you don't sleep n have no life n your one of these zerg tribes. 

17 minutes ago, pursegcn said:

I'm all for transfers but from obelisks only and you shouldn't be allowed to go to any server. It should just be a cluster of the 3 maps. 

You won't be saying that when you get wiped in your sleep. Either that or you don't sleep n have no life n your one of these zerg tribes. 

Problem is clusters of 3 will easily get overrunned by one tribe. Plus 3 servers isnt much of a chance to pvp unless you just server hop wiping the clusters. They need to make a new set of nontransferable servers imo

Well he is right that official pvp is all about the pvp.  The thing is there are probably a lot of players out there that have put in likely thousands of hours like the OP and because the game can take so much time to build/breed nice things they don't want to risk it.  If you don't want to risk losing it, then you are on the wrong kind of server.  Every single thing any tribe has on an official server is free game.  

I know of tribes that were so terrified to attract attention to their servers because they were afraid of getting raided.  It's that kind of risk averse behavior pvp doesn't need.  I've lost a lot myself on many different servers, but let's face it a pvp server is meant for pvp plain and simple.

10 hours ago, definitelynottyler said:

If this is on PC it would be impossible for OP to have had a base since launch considering they wiped all official servers of structures/items (not levels) 2 months into the game from the actual launch.

The point is that they were on the server before ORP was a thing

Edit: also, whats your source on an official wipe? I dont remember one.

On 15/01/2017 at 4:30 AM, Volcano637 said:

Uh she lost her base since she first built it at launch. I truly feel bad for you. And what o am about to say is in no way bad or meant o be offensive. How was your base set up? If my partner and I had over a year to build a base it would easily encompass all of the redwood area and would withstand an online attack of a couple days. Now that I have said that, once again please don't think that was meant to be mean because it wasn't. Do you have screen shots of your base before the wipe? I would gladly give advice on how your next base should be. The two of us just got wiped as well on our server. A two man tribe got off lined by a 60 man tribe. Luckily when I got on I did see in the log they lost 2 gigas, birds, turtles and a dragon. The wipe really sucks but I am just proud that our undefended base killed that much stuff. Sure if they are that big they will just tame again but we still took time away from them as well. My only hope is that you killed some of their tames. If not we will do what we can once we are back to what we were. We are two people and can't wipe anyone but if you want revenge I can help get you launchers and rockets. Just on principle, I won't charge. I hate these wannabe super tribes that think they are something but in reality probably get beat up everyday at school. Yeah we should feel bad for them but I never will. My job stresses me out to but I am not going to treat people badly just because my day went bad.

eithics studies have shown that if you are a good person and have good ethics then you will be the same in school/work/personal life if you are a bad person then the opposite will apply to all as well.

just remember if they did that to you their real life will be bad as well. If not they are still bad people and karma will get them and you can rejoice in that.

I'm new to ark gameplay via PS4 and I am looking at building in redwood would I be able to take you up on the offer for some tips please. Anything would be appreciated. Thank you

8 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

The point is that they were on the server before ORP was a thing

Edit: also, whats your source on an official wipe? I dont remember one.

My source is that I actually played since June 2nd.  I'm sure there is a steam thread out there or post on the subreddit explaining it but I don't really want to go look for it.  A wipe happened of everything but levels because of duping.

the fact that "have so many people that the other side can't log in"  is a valid tactic is sad.

this game keeps trying to be eve online without the game rules of eve and it's hurt pvp in the end.

in eve, you can't just go destroy a base,  you have to damage it enough, then a timer starts where it cannot be damaged. the defenders clearly know an attack is coming around those times.

in eve, you can't just bring so many people the other people can't log in. it might be hundreds, of even thousands of players in 1 system fighting. the game will lag like hell but it's still better  than "we are sorry but you can't log in while your stuff is being destroyed"

they need to address this, transfers only make it worse because it's easier for larger groups to raid.  if you have 70 active players chances are your group is spread across 2 or more servers anyway.

10 hours ago, davedsuit said:

I'm new to ark gameplay via PS4 and I am looking at building in redwood would I be able to take you up on the offer for some tips please. Anything would be appreciated. Thank you

Well if you are wanting to build in redwood the first thing I would ask is if you are atleast level 60? If not do you have a bird?(hopefully more because it can die easily) if yes to both or one then you can survive in the redwood. The redwoods has more resources than any part of the map on the center(the center has more resources than any other map). If you are going to build on the center then I definitely recommend the redwood, if in fact you are allowed to by the punk alpha. I would recommend redwood west. It is in between to rivers that have on average 4 to 8 dams on each river. You are also close to skull/metal mountain where you can get plenty of metal and crystal. Don't forget that you will also get a lot of obsidian to match with the CP to make plenty on polymer. If you like organic polymer there are usually atleast 10 pelicans right of the shore of redwoods and if you get one the underground where the ice palace is usually has around 30-50 penguins there(also a short flight). I know everything seems awesome from how I am saying it but if you do build in the redwoods there are some bad things. You are going to want to go out on foot. You can but you won't want to. High level dangerous Dinos will spawn very close and sometimes inside your base, like terror birds, carnos and such. I would recommend a lot of x species and if you have enough put a few on all creatures not just tames. Very mainly, make sure to get 5 dung beetles and a phiomia. The reason I say 5 is because you will have so much fertilizer that it will motivate you to make more x species.

that should atleast get you started. I can give you more advice but do much higher than that and the alpha will want to wipe you. Just stay small for now, that's the best advice I can give you. Plenty bases might be small, but, in that small base might be 500 rockets.

Archived