BulletForce

[Major Bug] Instant Crash On Accesing Beacon/Obelisks

BulletForce    458

Since the last patch every time I go to access a beacon/obelisk my game kicks me out of the server and back to the main menu with an error message about Host/Connection Timeout. I've tried verifying the game cache and it says its fine.

This is a major game breaking bug.

Edited by BulletForce

mallaig    8

Exactly the same happens to me. Reinstalled the game, no mods, with or without DLC, disconnects me every time I access a beacon. This doesn't happen on my private server with v253.96 btw, only on that undocumented patch v253.971 running on the official servers.

Sprinkles    0

I am experiencing this too since the latest patch!

graphic driver downgrade, windows downgrade, ark reinstall, game cache verification etc. all do not work. I think this has to do with ark itself.

i tried to investigate a little, and right when i access a beacon/terminal my network usage spikes like crazy. perhaps it has something to do with this? idk.

if we are lucky it will fix itself when the evolution event ends in a few hrs. otherwise perhaps wait for tek update?

Edited by Sprinkles

Sprinkles    0

yeah it's a shame.

I have googled a bit and seems like this issue popped up in the past:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/14/343785574517916772/

I will try to delete all traces of the game and download the bigass file when i am asleep; i will let you know if this fixed anything.

The only other thing to try would be family sharing to another steam acc, and see if the problem persists.

mallaig    8

v253.985 also didn't fix this.

6 hours ago, DoubleDerp92 said:

Try reducing the graphics and lower or increese ram.

I appreciate you're trying to help, but this has no effect on this bug.

This started the second they rolled out the Extinction patch. Nothing has changed on my end, no drivers or hardware changes, no mods updates, etc. FWIW, I don't get this disconnect on my private server (also on v253.985), the only difference being that this BE [email protected] is disabled on mine.

Sprinkles    0

tried deleting all ifiles associated with ark, then re-dowloading with just scorched earth, still disconnect and kick to main menu, Tried installing the center + prim+ --> still getting dc'd to menu instantly.

system specs shouldnt be an issue. i was able to transfer just fine in the past. I noticed that recently on BE enabled unofficial servers, it takes a sec or 2 to load the drop content/ark. servers without BE/ single player have no lag at all. ill try deleting and reinstalling BE.

EDIT: deleting and reinstalling BE does not work :( also adding firewall exceptions for every single .exe associated with ark does not work. 

Edited by Sprinkles

mallaig    8

I can confirm everything you said. Exactly the same for me, and I also tried firewall rules and disabling antivirus (which incidentally flagged shootergame_be.exe as a trojan when I reinstalled).

No delay with BE uninstalled, slight delay with BE installed on non-BE server, and instant disconnect on a BE-enabled server. I think it's safe to say that this is BE related. Come to think of it, I believe there was an update to BE at the same time as the extinction patch, which is when all this started for me.

Sprinkles    0

I am completely out of ideas as to how i could possibly fix this :(

I submitted a ticket; i'll hope an update fixes it or wc will give me a fix and i suggest u do the same. if 2 wc employees reply and give different answers, we have a larger chance one works :P

most annoying thing is how you cant even get bp's due to this

Sprinkles    0
51 minutes ago, Stark said:

mind linking your commandlines and gameusersettings for the servers? (curious as to how you have set up your clusters)

and does this happen accessing the obelisk?

Posting these would be useless for me as I play on official servers nowadays. (official pvp and pve; no special clusters)

It happens when accessing anything that has server transfer capabilities; so it happens when I try to access an obelisk or a normal supply beacon. Cave/desert/underwater drops that have no way to download anything are fine and dont cause crashes last time i checked.

edit: afaik i am the only one on this official server having the issues; i see other people transferring their items/dinos/whatever just fine.

Edited by Sprinkles

mallaig    8
7 hours ago, Stark said:

mind linking your commandlines and gameusersettings for the servers? (curious as to how you have set up your clusters)

and does this happen accessing the obelisk?

My server doesn't run a cluster either. However, as a small update, I have installed another dedicated server (TheIsland only, Linux server) which is running BE this time. The disconnects don't happen here either, tested with supply beacons and obelisks. Perhaps my earlier assessment that BE is involved wasn't correct, but it's actually something to do with clusters.

7 hours ago, Sprinkles said:

It happens when accessing anything that has server transfer capabilities; so it happens when I try to access an obelisk or a normal supply beacon. Cave/desert/underwater drops that have no way to download anything are fine and dont cause crashes last time i checked.

edit: afaik i am the only one on this official server having the issues; i see other people transferring their items/dinos/whatever just fine.

Same here. No one else seems to have this problem (my tribe mates don't) or no one else is talking about it in global.

mallaig    8

@Stark I have just setup a cluster server to test some more. This is a Linux dedicated server with BE enabled, and I don't get the disconnects. Transfer between The Island and Scorched Earth is almost flawless. I say almost because it appears that you can't transfer to another server in the cluster when it's password protected. However this needs further testing on my end. Without passwords it works just fine.

My cluster setup is thus:

• Default ARK server install directory
  • Symlink to the default for TheIsland
  • Symlink to the default for ScorchedEarth

I'm using ark-server-tools to manage my servers. I have a attached the manager and instance configs, as well as the GUS.ini. I have stripped the default stuff and things like multipliers. As you can see each instance is launched using the symlinked directories. This was required because the tools don't support clustering yet. They both share the GUS.ini. Game.ini is empty, hence not attached.

arkmanager.cfg

scorchedearth.cfg

theisland.cfg

GameUserSettings.ini

RoboFrog    0

This has been happening to me also for 8 days now on official servers.Any obelisk,air drop/beacon or deep sea loot crate that I access,I instantly get a time out. I have lost all of my SE housing and items because I can't get there to refresh timers not to mention not being able to loot anything that everyone wants to loot cause it's a major part of the game. :P

Tried all the normal troubleshooting but this seems to be a Ark side problem and it seems very few of us are getting it.

mallaig    8

I have found a "fix" that worked for me.

Rename your local player profile file. Next time you run ARK it will create a new one. This allowed me to access beacons and obelisks again. The downside is that you'll lose the dossiers and explored maps.

On Windows this is in steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\LocalProfiles\

It doesn't explain why this is happening on the official server only, however.

Sprinkles    0
7 hours ago, mallaig said:

Rename your local player profile file. Next time you run ARK it will create a new one. This allowed me to access beacons and obelisks again. The downside is that you'll lose the dossiers and explored maps.

you sir, are a hero!

i don't have a clue why it didnt work on just official servers; but hey it is working again!

RoboFrog    0
On 1/22/2017 at 8:23 AM, mallaig said:

Thank you so much,This worked for me too. You are indeed a hero!