Megalosaurus: Glitched on The Island map?

JetJaguar

26 minutes ago, Jet Jaguar said:

Havent seen any. Aware of the 4 up at a time spawn. Thread on ARK Steam forums stating that they are glitched on the Island maps as they are spawning under caves. Is this happening on every official server? Devs aware if that's the case?

What console?   I do know on my PC server, we have seen 3 in the cave near the volcano (I believe right now this is the only place to find them).  Had to go about half way to 3/4 down before we seen our first.   We tamed a level 34 on kibble.   That was this past weekend.    

Good luck!!

43 minutes ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Could you bring them out though, once they are tames?

I had no issue getting the one we tamed at the volcano cave out.   I will check the south cave later tonight when I get home from work to see if I can find one and get it out.   I will let you know, unless someone beats me to it.   ?

So after they were released, I would find them fairly regularly in Central Cave. Sometimes up to 3 per run. Recently we noticed that we do not find them as much. This is probably due to them getting stuck in the walls and under the map. I've had to destroywilddinos on several occasions to get them to spawn. I've also had players complain that they were spawning and falling below the map (into crevices not quite down in the water). I've been able to ghost around in the cave and find them.

I've been able to tame a couple out of Central cave by luring them out, grabbing them with a Quetz, then dropping them in a taming pen.

I can also confirm that they rarely spawn in the Southern Cave. We tamed a 145 out of there the other week by drawing it out and picking it up.

46 minutes ago, Jrminot said:

So after they were released, I would find them fairly regularly in Central Cave. Sometimes up to 3 per run. Recently we noticed that we do not find them as much. This is probably due to them getting stuck in the walls and under the map. I've had to destroywilddinos on several occasions to get them to spawn. I've also had players complain that they were spawning and falling below the map (into crevices not quite down in the water). I've been able to ghost around in the cave and find them.

I've been able to tame a couple out of Central cave by luring them out, grabbing them with a Quetz, then dropping them in a taming pen.

I can also confirm that they rarely spawn in the Southern Cave. We tamed a 145 out of there the other week by drawing it out and picking it up.

Ghosting doesn't work on officials. How can we get them if they are falling through the map? Or just not spawning at any location at all? I check each cave up to 3 times a day

So, I asked one of the other admins who was on my server if he could do a quick scout run and check the caves.    He reported back to me, the only place he seen them at were the central cave.   He even despawned the 3 there to see if they would spawn elsewhere and they did not.   Seems like the only place right now is the central cave on the island map.

Hope this helps

Just now, Grimm said:

So, I asked one of the other admins who was on my server if he could do a quick scout run and check the caves.    He reported back to me, the only place he seen them at were the central cave.   He even despawned the 3 there to see if they would spawn elsewhere and they did not.   Seems like the only place right now is the central cave on the island map.

Hope this helps

The do spawn in central cave. I know because I run a server and I've personally found them there. It's just rare

Ive made posts on same topic. When first released we had them everyday for about four days in volcano cave... Three to four at a time... Then one day they just stopped. Cleared the cave over and over and nothing. Thats when i took to the forums only to find out i wasnt alone on official servers. Alot of people are having same issue. A PC fix has already been released and xbox fix is listed to be released in next major update.

I have been taming mine at blue ob cave on SE. Highest i have found was a 100M

5 hours ago, Grimm said:
6 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Could you bring them out though, once they are tames?

Hello everyone

Im on official server pvp and I have tamed 2 Megalausorus

One in upper south cave and one in south east cave.

This two cave can't let this dino reach outdoor.Its too narrow and block them in the cave.

I make a ticket and Im waiting for reply. I will share you if i got one.

Hope can help survivor and dans waste your time to tame this dino for now.

2 minutes ago, Socrate said:

Hello everyone

Im on official server pvp and I have tamed 2 Megalausorus

One in upper south cave and one in south east cave.

This two cave can't let this dino reach outdoor.Its too narrow and block them in the cave.

I make a ticket and Im waiting for reply. I will share you if i got one.

Hope can help survivor and dans waste your time to tame this dino for now.

Thanks for the reply, and support with the information!

Archived