ARK Digest Question Submission

Jatheish

• Administrator

Hey guys!

If you've got any questions you'd like to ask in the next edition of the ARK Digest, post them here!

Please keep in mind we won't be answering any questions related to the ETA of when something is to be expected as these are constantly changing, the best way to stay up to date on upcoming content is to read all the all the latest announcements and the patch notes. If there's something we'd like to let you know about, we'll be sure to inform you!

Thanks

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jat said:

Hey guys!

If you've got any questions you'd like to ask in the next edition of the ARK Digest, post them here!

Please keep in mind we won't be answering any questions related to the ETA of when something is to be expected as these are constantly changing, the best way to stay up to date on upcoming content is to read all the all the latest announcements and the patch notes. If there's something we'd like to let you know about, we'll be sure to inform you!

Thanks

Will there be a fix to the map location 50lat 50long issue? I hear of people losing dinos there to invisible turrets? 

Also, is there any plans to expand the map in the near future? I saw the floating island mod and though that might be kinda nifty. Maybe make that the HIGH level spawn for dinos?

Back in the early days, there was complaining that Megalodon were to small, and we got told that there would be different sizes coming.

Since we have growing (baby) dinos now, I was wondering, Will we still see this? And if so, is there a chance that we can see different sizes on other species? 

It would be nice to see a pack of different size of dinos roaming around. Sizes could come with benefits or cons, like smaller dinos may be more agile and faster, but can carry less and have less strength? Or even become unridable!

With the food, water and crafting stats being widely viewed as useless for putting points into, are there any plans of overhauling their bonuses? Something along the lines of each point of food and water giving increasingly slower stat drain in addition to the increased total value. Maybe for crafting, each point could increase the speed as well as slowly increase the chances of upgrading an item when crafting. At 0 point we could start with 10% chance at ramshackle and 5% for apprentice. As your crafting point increase, so do those chances. Eventually unlocking journeyman and maybe at one point mastercraft. This would open up a whole new player role in tribes for people specializing in crafting.

3 minutes ago, Nargacuga said:

Will we be able to claim buildings at some point in the future? I'm going to be taking a break from ARK in a while and i'd like if people squatted in my base rather than demolished it.

What if strangers only claimed the foundations which allowed then to destroy your house all the faster? Or lock the doors and shut you out

Is there a plan to be able to "character select" lost survivors? Mostly looking for a way to be able to retrieve single player characters that have bugged out and forced to restart. I'm on my 4th survivor because of this. There's a level 68, a level 53 and a level 27 just sitting around their compounds (again, single player) inaccessible. All the dinos and buildings still there. And no way to play them.

And there is of course all the survivors that are lost out there on servers that players can't find again.

Maybe a way to have access to multiple survivors tied to your account/gamertag (for xbox players)?

26 minutes ago, Jat said:

Hey guys!

Thanks

Greetings,

I would like to know what is being done to compensate breeding and taming now that difficult to get high end dinos are disposable.

Thanks,

Tommy

Archived