ARK Digest Question Submission

Jatheish

Hey. 1st off great game really enjoying it, I am currently playing on xbox officially server. Its a EU server and around 11 am GMT its a low ping. But as it gets closer to midnight and later, the ping hits 250 and I have fast internet 120mbps. I noticed we have alot of American's on the EU server could this be the cause, and if so could region locks be added? Now I know this doesn't go down well with the American's on the server because of the time they put into the game. But what else can be done to improve the lag otherwise. Sorry not trying to be rude to others just looking to improve the gaming experience :)

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ceranai said:

This is a thread for serious questions. If you had a serious question you should phrase it as such. Such as:

How might I go about getting a  refund on X-box?

if you didnt know the game is in early access thats on you, aside from the fact its clearly labelled its also all some people on the forums ever say.

Sure, you're right. I was just super angry. Apologies if I offended anyone, and I did read it, I just figured it was like other game set ups where you can try the game, and then when you are given the option to buy, it was the full release. Honestly I was super excited after purchasing and hurriedly. My fault entirely, but you know how people can get when they are upset.

4 minutes ago, Colts45 said:

First off, had you read it. It states it is in development and is a preview of the game. IE: Beta. Please, don't get aggressive on a Q&A to rant when you can't read.

3 minutes ago, Colts45 said:

First off, had you read it. It states it is in development and is a preview of the game. IE: Beta. Please, don't get aggressive on a Q&A to rant when you can't read.

Exactly, its not a beta. Its an unreleased game that the developers let us play early it says EARLY ACCESS and clearly states the game is bugged and glitched. Its the full game you bought like a preorder bit your able to play now. (This is to the guy that ranted not colts)

2 minutes ago, Ceranai said:

+1.

Normally I hate people who just copy and paste 'its alpha' on every thread but this is one of the few times I believe it is right to say so.

Saying it is alpha to excuse every screw up WC makes is not good. Saying its alpha when someone clearly didn't read the label before buying is appropriate :P

Agreed. Heck, the PC version has been in alpha even longer. I just went to the Xbox One version as I have more friends on there who have been waiting to play it!

9 minutes ago, AfroVenom said:

I could have been much more rude. Like I said they have put together something truly original, and maybe its my frustration talking, but I just feel like we all got burned.

No worries, ive replied to the other topic you have made, if you want to ask anything better to talk there instead of spamming up this thread.

Hello Devs,

Not sure if this was asked before but will there ever be a follow distance option in the game?

Example: I am flying my Argentavis and I have one of my Pteranodon following me. Since the Pteranodon are normally quicker they fly right into me and the Argentavis causing us to stop or bump into each other. 

Also gets in the way while attacking as well. This also happens if they are following just me or me on a land base dino. 

So any plans of adding in a follow distance feature. We could have Close, Mid and Far.

Just something to think about.

Great work with the game !!!

1. When will we see the release of Icthyornis and Baryonyx? Will they be released as a pair because of their desire for seafood?

2. Will we see different skin models for saddles and items that are in different tiers? (Primitive, Ascendent look different)

3. When it comes to the Dino TLC pass you mentioned that you plan on giving our older dinosaurs special abilities of their own. (Trike getting a charge attack). Will these abilities make the dinosaurs stand out or will they still be in direct competition with other to be released?

4. This game has a fantastic mix of well known and not so well known dinosaurs. What is your line of reasoning when you pick animals for the game and the abilities that you give them?

First off Ark is an awesome game!

As I was reading through the comments I noticed someone said that once the game is released we will need to buy it again?  Can anyone chime in on this?

Also, there are a few things that would make the gaming experience a little better:

1. A queue.  It sucks when I only have an hour to play and spend 30 mins trying to get into the server.  Another situation is that I would like to play but there are things I need to take care of around the house.  While one is in the queue is a perfect time to do those things. Sort of a two birds with one stone situation.  An idea would be to have a resource collection area while you are waiting in the queue...but maybe I am getting a little crazy.

2. The chat pop up is good because it is good to see what is going on around the island.  However, it is fairly inconveniently located.  Somewhere lower would be better.

3. The ability to craft items from resources that are contained within a storage box.  So you press y to look in the container and now the resources that are in the container are part of what you can craft from. Or similarly, when you are in the smithy, if the resource is in your inventory instead of moving it to then craft it, you can just craft it. Takes out a few steps that are easier on a computer :) 

4. The ability to create an underwater base.  We can make GPS, transponders, rocket launchers, fabricators, etc but we cannot create a structure that is water tight. This ability would be awesome!

5. The ability to dig. Even just enough to help place structures evenly.

6. The ability to move items instead of destroying them (ie fabricator, cabinet, smithy, etc) 

7. When using the scope on a weapon show the same info when looking through the stand alone scope.

These are just a few ideas I have.  The game is awesome and I look forward to many more hours building an empire!

Hello. 

I'm just wondering if there are any plans to add something like a creative mode(think Minecraft) to the game(at least for single player), with flying and no weight limit, so builds and tech can easily be tested? (:

Also, are there plans to add and in-game camera, like Mad Max, and Euro Truck Sim 2's got?

Thanks. (:

4 hours ago, Jat said:

Hey guys!

If you've got any questions you'd like to ask in the next edition of the ARK Digest, post them here!

Please keep in mind we won't be answering any questions related to the ETA of when something is to be expected as these are constantly changing, the best way to stay up to date on upcoming content is to read all the all the latest announcements and the patch notes. If there's something we'd like to let you know about, we'll be sure to inform you!

Thanks

Are there going to any sort of thing where we will be able to dig underground at all? Make storage rooms, mine for different types of gems or just metal? Creatures maybe?

Could you share some of your design goals when it comes to dino balance? 

Examples:

- Do you intend for all dinos to have a role at all stages of the game, or are you fine with some being strictly better than others (ex. sabertooths and direwolves are just better raptors)?

- Will flyers ever become the glass cannon/strictly travel mounts they feel like they should be rather than being as tanky and strong as creatures 30+ times their weight? Or are you fine with them as they are currently? 

- Are you fine with the current state of base stats vs scaling?

- Currently, most creatures are fairly "jack of all trades" in that their weaknesses are either too insignificant in comparison to their strenghts, or are too easy to cover up with just a few levelups. An example of this is the rex who, with it's very high health, damage and speed as strenghts isn't really bothered by its poor stamina. Will you at any points enhance creatures strenghts and weaknesses to allow for more diversity in what creatures can do, or are you fine with the way things are currently? 

Archived