Can the Quetz be left high in the air on a PVP official server?

BaldBudgie

I simply can't get a clear answer anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here. 

Is it possible to leave a quetzal high in the air on a official server indefinitely as a hidden base in the sky without it landing after 45 seconds? Even after log off.

I know I'd glitch through the platform on a flying quetz on log off but I would just put a bed and a log off chest on the quetz. 

Thank you for the answer. 

Yes I've read this too somewhere. However in my SP game I have my Quetz hovering above my base, just within line-of-sight without it ever landing. 

The only reason for me to spend EP on a platform saddle and time taming a quetz would be if it could fuction as a portable reliable air base. Otherwise it would just seem like way too much work. 

5 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

Thank you for the answer. 

Yes I've read this too somewhere. However in my SP game I have my Quetz hovering above my base, just within line-of-sight without it ever landing. 

The only reason for me to spend EP on a platform saddle and time taming a quetz would be if it could fuction as a portable reliable air base. Otherwise it would just seem like way too much work. 

Really man? Lmao. Obviously it's going to stay in the air on single player.. the entire game stops when you stop playing. No time is passing between your log off and log on.  

*if you are saying he stays in the air while you are playing that's because he's within render range as you're saying he's still in LOS.

On officials he will 100% land after a minute or so left alone. Leaving a quetz in the air is not a viable base option. 

3 hours ago, cantgetright said:

On official pvp xbox it will stay. Using a platform saddle fly high up to the top. Stand on the platform and walk off. The quetz will stay there. Mine doesn't land even after the update that causes fliers to land when dismounted. 

Wrong. They won't land if you're there next to it...but as soon as you leave he will. 

6 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

I simply can't get a clear answer anywhere, so I thought I'd ask here. 

Is it possible to leave a quetzal high in the air on a official server indefinitely as a hidden base in the sky without it landing after 45 seconds? Even after log off.

I know I'd glitch through the platform on a flying quetz on log off but I would just put a bed and a log off chest on the quetz. 

The definitive answer to this is yes your quetz will hover in the air as long as you are in render distance ie you can still see it!! If you log out you are no longer in render distance and you will fall through the platform and your quetz will try and land!

48 minutes ago, At0mic109 said:

Really man? Lmao. Obviously it's going to stay in the air on single player.. the entire game stops when you stop playing. No time is passing between your log off and log on.  

*if you are saying he stays in the air while you are playing that's because he's within render range as you're saying he's still in LOS.

On officials he will 100% land after a minute or so left alone. Leaving a quetz in the air is not a viable base option. 

There are times where I left it hovering above the base, within rendering distance when I'm in the base, but I had left the base and area for several in-game days and when I came back still there. Why you gotta be smug? It seems like a valid observation to me?

you other guys, thanks for your answers

3 minutes ago, BaldBudgie said:

There are times where I left it hovering above the base, within rendering distance when I'm in the base, but I had left the base and area for several in-game days and when I came back still there. Why you gotta be smug? It seems like a valid observation to me?

It doesn't need to be you, any player in render distance will keep it In the air!

They will try and land spent a hour once looking for a quetz that decided to land it's self miles from where I left it!

6 minutes ago, BaldBudgie said:

It is something you can very easily test yourself. 

6 minutes ago, Hornedfrog85 said:

Pretty sure it wont land if its high enough we had a quetzil at the top of the map for 3 days without anyone being there.  We hid it while we were getting wiped so we knew where it was it didn't move

Fliers above the volcano (IE the highest point of land), cannot appropriately path their way to land. Therefore, any Quetz that is flying higher then the Volcano (For the Island), will not attempt to land in any fashion regardless of any circumstances. 

If they are below that line, however, things change, and they'll move around and try to land. 

1 hour ago, Hornedfrog85 said:

Pretty sure it wont land if its high enough we had a quetzil at the top of the map for 3 days without anyone being there.  We hid it while we were getting wiped so we knew where it was it didn't move

I'm glad to hear. Thats very cool. I'll invest in the platform saddle then i guess and tame one. 

Archived